ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burks Workout

Handle is waaaaaaay too loose and dribble is waaaaaay to high. Put him in the dunker spot and pick and pop. No dribble or he'll be raked.
He's unlikely to be guarded by a guard, and if we have shooters with him their guards won't be able to cheat as much. I'm sure he'll work on it but its not a death sentence at all. Have you seen KD dribble?

He looks like he was working out in his pajamas. Definitely needs to get some pants that fit. Flooding like a mofo. Or just wear shorts would be the logical solution.

I kid, I kid. But anyone making predictions based off that clip, take a break.

People were so excited to get another commit for the roster (that only had 6-7 players at the time) it got overlooked that he's not expected to be a main contributor barring an unexpected surprise.

I expect him , sorta like Thiero last year , to play a lot in some games and none in others. I could see Burks scoring 17 on a tuesday at Vandy then get 2 minutes 4 days later playing Arkansas at Rupp to give and example. In other words he will be a role player this season. But he will be a NBA player eventually , again like Thiero.

One thing I've liked about Burks is he's been in Justin Edwards/Adou Thiero's shadow every time they workout. Breakfast club workouts? There. Putting in work is how you get better. Also heard Welch has gone over everyone's individual "work" they have to improve on and is in gym with guys and so far players are responding and ready to work. Welch is best hire Calipari's made and while Jeff Goodman mocked it, it's already paying off big time in terms of knowledge/trust and work ethic.

One thing I've liked about Burks is he's been in Justin Edwards/Adou Thiero's shadow every time they workout. Breakfast club workouts? There. Putting in work is how you get better. Also heard Welch has gone over everyone's individual "work" they have to improve on and is in gym with guys and so far players are responding and ready to work. Welch is best hire Calipari's made and while Jeff Goodman mocked it, it's already paying off big time in terms of knowledge/trust and work ethic.
Amazing what a good hire can do!

If he sells out on defense he will play, maybe not major minutes but if Cal can trust his D tha ast's really important. Most young playets have major flaws that colleges coaches must help them improve those areas. Learning to play in college you must be able to react instantly instead of thinking what to do, if your thinking it's already to late, that's why experience is so important.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Handle is waaaaaaay too loose and dribble is waaaaaay to high. Put him in the dunker spot and pick and pop. No dribble or he'll be raked.
That’s what separates kids who do well and those who don’t. A good handle is key in college. It’s not bad for his size. I can see Cal using him like Brooks and he looks to have great touch.

I like rhe jumper form wise

But his handles are not ready and that step back move is going to get blocked a ton

To me Burks is a prototype NBA wing, it would not shock me to see him in first round after Sophomore year, just really hope he is patient this year (or his handlers are patient!)

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Those drills aren't designed to show off his dribbling skills or ability to shake off a defender. They are designed to keep him moving and work on his shots. How well does he hold his shooting form and execute a shot when he starts getting fatigued. He does that pretty darn good. I like his form. The staff will teach him to elevate more on his shots and will be primarily a kick out shooter, or drive to the basket. He's not going to be asked to beat people one on one at this stage. I've heard he has the ability to guard different positions. Once he gets used to the college speed he's going to develop into a fine player. Adou and him have a lot of upside.

That video was taken before his commitment.

Skilled guy for 6 9. Pretty good rebounding stats as well as the leading scorer in OTE. He’s going to help.

Heard encouraging words from an OTE analyst. Several people have tried to take him on one-on-one and they give up because they can't get by him. So defense May earn him some playing time

Outfit is missing a matching smoking jacket. Young man can flat out shoot.
Those drills aren't designed to show off his dribbling skills or ability to shake off a defender. They are designed to keep him moving and work on his shots. How well does he hold his shooting form and execute a shot when he starts getting fatigued. He does that pretty darn good. I like his form. The staff will teach him to elevate more on his shots and will be primarily a kick out shooter, or drive to the basket. He's not going to be asked to beat people one on one at this stage. I've heard he has the ability to guard different positions. Once he gets used to the college speed he's going to develop into a fine player. Adou and him have a lot of upside.
Totally agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT