ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burks picks a new school

This proves that other than Perry and Sheppard none of Cal's recruits came to Kentucky because of the name on the front of the jersey. They came because they believed Cal had some type of magic dust that would get them to the NBA. After Cal left, they couldn't leave fast enough even if it required going to not so good teams. I am glad they are gone. When Kentucky wins with Pope, the Cal worshiper won't be able to say it was done with Cal's players.

• Love
Reactions: NociHTTP
Now there's a former Kentucky player that I want to see flourish next season along with Bradshaw and Hart. The rest of those dudes can go fly a kite.

Now there's a former Kentucky player that I want to see flourish next season along with Bradshaw and Hart. The rest of those dudes can go fly a kite.
I hope that the ones who followed Cal gets lots of playing time. I hope they start.

Reactions: wardlow
I’ve wondered the same thing. It just seems odd that not a single player stayed. I’m starting to think it’s because Pope didn’t offer for any of them to stay. Burks is kind of a perfect piece to stay with the current roster. He got have played decent mins at the 4 spot.
Pope rejected Antigua as well an at time he needed recruiting help he still had no interest. He could of kept Burks, Hart, and Likely Z had he really pushed them imo he might of kept a recruit or 2. It was indeed really weird to just lose the entire staff an entire team I don't remember seeing that before.

Either Pope wanted a clean break or was told before hired to clean house. It is strange I don't remember a program before just totally cleaning house like that without a massive controversy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT