ADVERTISEMENT

***Jordan Brand Classic pre-game thread***

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
The Jordan Brand Classic will be tipping off at 8:00 pm EST on ESPN2 on Friday, April 17th. The game will have all of the current Kentucky signees participating for the East team (Terrific opportunity to see the 3 of them playing together on the same squad).
We may also see Skal Labissiere competing against a strong frontline comprised of Ben Simmons, Ivan Rabb, and Stephen Zimmerman. If he has a similar performance to the one that he had at the Hoop Summit, he's making a strong argument for #1 player in the class.
Let's discuss, what do you all expect to see from this game? I want to see Briscoe continuing to display that solid balance of facilitating to others, and scoring. Would like to see Skal Lab show his versatility again, scoring in a variety of ways, going up strong for the rebound, and have another tremendous defensive performance like the one he had in Portland. Finally, I would like to see the most from Charles Matthews. Pretty sure he may be the only player participating in this game outside of the top 35 or so (He's ranked like 68th or something). Kid has all the skill in the world. Tremendous shooter from all over the court, insane athleticism, tenacious defender and a good shot blocker. I would love to see a coming out party from him.
What do you all wanna see?

This post was edited on 4/14 1:27 PM by Rhavicc

Yes, the national game is on Friday. Hopefully there will be some practice reports starting today or tomorrow though.

I think I remember seeing somewhere a few days ago that Ben Simmons will not be playing in this game after all--he wants to focus on preparing to play at LSU or something along those lines...

I'm excited to get to see Charles Matthews play as I've only seen mix tapes of him so far.

Ever since the 7 UK guys declared last week, I've been hoping that we'd get 1 or 2 announcements from the undecideds during this game. Has anyone heard if any of those guys plan on announcing at the game?

Yeah, sorry guys, thought I put it in there. Friday it is.
And Ben Simmons not playing because he wants to focus on playing for a school in months from now? Well, that's new..

Like the OP I'm particularly fired up to see Matthews operating with our other 2 signees.

This post was edited on 4/14 1:30 PM by Smashcat

Weird about Simmons. He played fine at the hoops summit so you can't think he is worried about hurting his stock.

Originally posted by dckala2:
Weird about Simmons. He played fine at the hoops summit so you can't think he is worried about hurting his stock.
He's trying to wean himself away from playing in front of large crowds with other great players and good coaches.

I was really looking forward to the Labissiere vs Simmons match-up too. That's a bummer.

Originally posted by GonzoCat90:

He's trying to wean himself away from playing in front of large crowds with other great players and good coaches.
lol truth

Originally posted by GonzoCat90:
laugh.r191677.gif

Good one.

Mickey and Martin really messed up by going to the draft this season. Playing next to a player like Ben Simmons would make them look much better, would probably raise their draft stock significantly.

Briscoe has been solid in both McDonald's and Hoop Summit. Skal had his coming out in Hoop Summit practices. Hope to see more of same from both. Matthews is a very solid player and I hope he has the chance to show his skill set Friday.

Originally posted by FFWhite:
Briscoe has been solid in both McDonald's and Hoop Summit. Skal had his coming out in Hoop Summit practices. Hope to see more of same from both. Matthews is a very solid player and I hope he has the chance to show his skill set Friday.
Agree,Briscoe has made better showings in those two games than Newman(my thought) Skal is very skilled,I hope Matthews proves to be better than his current ranking(based on his play this season I think that will be the case)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT