• Mass murder

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Combination of both

Votes: 28 80.0%

• Total voters

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
There is a new documentary on Hulu about it that is good. I know it's semantics but was it a mass suicide or mass murder or both. I say both. The kids being forced to drink it by the adults I say murder. Not only did Jim Jones tell them it was poison before they drank it but they mentioned that they had a "practice" where he told them they were drinking poison even though they weren't and punished those that didn't drink it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tommyg4uk
There is a new documentary on Hulu about it that is good. I know it's semantics but was it a mass suicide or mass murder or both. I say both. The kids being forced to drink it by the adults I say murder. Not only did Jim Jones tell them it was poison before they drank it but they mentioned that they had a "practice" where he told them they were drinking poison even though they weren't and punished those that didn't.
What's it called? Jonestown is such a sad, but interesting story.

I was a toddler when Jonestown went down, but growing up, I heard all about Jones and his mentor William Branham constantly. A branch of my family were members of The Park, the cult of Branham's lesser-known student, Leo Mercer, much to my grandparents' dismay. All things considered, those family members got off lucky, because they could've gone with Jones just as easily as they did Mercer.

Last edited:
I was a toddler when Jonestown went down, but growing up, I heard all about Jones and his mentor William Branham constantly. A branch of my family were members of The Park, the cult of Branham's lesser-known student, Leo Mercer, much to my grandparents' dismay. All things considered, those family members got off lucky, because they could've gone with Jones just as easily as they did Mercer.
Wait…as in the Branham church archives near Charlestown IN? The place is under 24/7 police surveillance

Reactions: J_Dee
iu

• Haha
Reactions: J_Dee
Crazy, crazy stuff.

I wonder if Greg Locke's sheep would drink poisoned Kool-Aid if he asked.

The son on the documentary complained that people using "drink the kool-aid" "dehumanized" the victims and should stop it.

Man, you knew your dad was batshit crazy and did what to stop it? You "hated" your father but just went along with this and got lucky to not be present.

He comes across as negligent and insincere to me. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT