ADVERTISEMENT

Jones update

Dontworryboutit23

All-American
Jan 4, 2022
They had 30-35 guys they liked on their scouting board. They built the roster in a quick manner instead of waiting out on decisions
- smith from Utah was the first PG choice but the transcript issue scared Kentucky so they pivoted to butler and went and locked him up
- osobor visit was that Kentucky expected garrison to go elsewhere and he called and said he wanted to come to Kentucky. The staff didn’t want to wait on osobors decision so they took garrison
- Davis & quantaicne we’re players they wanted but they didn’t like the price tags associated with them
- staff knows they need one dude. Robinson is the guy they think they get, but they have backup options currently in the draft process that they like if Robinson stays in draft.
- Krisa was a player pope liked the whole time and didn’t want Kentucky interest getting out
- Kentucky will add 2 more players. Robinson and a player who decides to come back from draft process.
- starting lineup expectation is butler,brea, Robinson, Carr, & Williams. With oweh, Kris’s, Perry, Chandler, garrison, and the other player they add on the bench

They had 30-35 guys they liked on their scouting board. They built the roster in a quick manner instead of waiting out on decisions
- smith from Utah was the first PG choice but the transcript issue scared Kentucky so they pivoted to butler and went and locked him up
- osobor visit was that Kentucky expected garrison to go elsewhere and he called and said he wanted to come to Kentucky. The staff didn’t want to wait on osobors decision so they took garrison
- Davis & quantaicne we’re players they wanted but they didn’t like the price tags associated with them
- staff knows they need one dude. Robinson is the guy they think they get, but they have backup options currently in the draft process that they like if Robinson stays in draft.
- Krisa was a player pope liked the whole time and didn’t want Kentucky interest getting out
- Kentucky will add 2 more players. Robinson and a player who decides to come back from draft process.
- starting lineup expectation is butler,brea, Robinson, Carr, & Williams. With oweh, Kris’s, Perry, Chandler, garrison, and the other player they add on the bench
They are going to add a current draft participation to the bench?

Losing Osobor was a killer and I don't get the fear of losing Kerr as it's not like he was some superstar.

Hated missing on him as well. I think the Kerr intrigue is he’s the best catch and shoot player in the nation. Brea being the second. In an offense with lots of ball movement and kick outs, it’s a lethal combo on paper anyway.

People are underrating Kerr in Pope's offense. Averaged 11 and 4 assists at WVU as a starter, and was a starter at Arizona that was a #1 seed. And he's willing to come off the BENCH, at UK. Imagine having a starting PG talent to be a backup. Not to mention one of the most efficient 3 point shooters in the country.

Concerned the Osobor scenario will be regrettable when we look back on things later. Tough sitiation needing to lock down roster spots and not necessarily having the breathing room to put one player on hold waiting on another decision. Osobor was an intriguing player… hopefully we aren’t watching him blow up at another program this year.

I think Williams will de-commit and perhaps Butler or Kerr. They were promised roles, then signed over. Hopefully, it’s Kerr since apparently he can be toxic in the locker room.

Wtf are you talking about with Butler and Kriisa? One will start, the other will play plenty. They are totally different players that fill totally different (but equally necessary) roles on the team.

The Kerr toxicity crap is just that.

Once you enter the portal, you’re still eligible to move around, until the first day of class…regardless of signing anything. For those that entered the portal by May 1st, you’re still in the portal til class time. Kinda a sucky loophole.
Williams is starting he ain’t leaving. Butler is the starting PG, and Krisa is big contributor

I think Williams will de-commit and perhaps Butler or Kerr. They were promised roles, then signed over. Hopefully, it’s Kerr since apparently he can be toxic in the locker room.
That rock you've been hiding under for the last few years? It's warm and cozy in there - crawl back under it for another few years.

Think it’s somebody who averaged like 5-7 points and is going through the process to get feedback
Those type of players are typically looking for expanded roles to be able to showcase application of whatever feedback they get. I am very skeptical anyone on that level desires to come here to be a bench player.

Reactions: bookerfan66
Went through the whole NBA Draft entrant list to sift through who could be a possible target at the 4 like Matt alludes to. There were 3 names: Kasean Pryor, Wells from WSU, and Achor. I can’t see any of those guys coming here.
I don’t either honestly. I think it’s gonna somebody we have no clue who they are.

Those type of players are typically looking for expanded roles to be able to showcase application of whatever feedback they get. I am very skeptical anyone on that level desires to come here to be a bench player.
I guess we will find out

Concerned the Osobor scenario will be regrettable when we look back on things later. Tough sitiation needing to lock down roster spots and not necessarily having the breathing room to put one player on hold waiting on another decision. Osobor was an intriguing player… hopefully we aren’t watching him blow up at another program this year.
We got Williams which is a nice consolation prize and we landed a multi year player in Garrison. We needed someone like that too.

If we go into next season with Jaxon Robinson being our best player, I don't like our chances at competing for a SEC title, much less NCAA title. He should have been our 3rd best player, assuming we get em. And settling for the 2 PG's we landed is a bit mind boggling to me. We had all summer.

If we go into next season with Jaxon Robinson being our best player, I don't like our chances at competing for a SEC title, much less NCAA title. He should have been our 3rd best player, assuming we get em. And settling for the 2 PG's we landed is a bit mind boggling to me. We had all summer.
Robinson can be a number 1, and with the way this team is set up, it’s gonna be somebody different alot of nights. The roster they have with Robinson being added which is very likely, can compete for the SEC

Robinson can be a number 1, and with the way this team is set up, it’s gonna be somebody different alot of nights. The roster they have with Robinson being added which is very likely, can compete for the SEC

Robinson being your best player isn't good by Kentucky standards. He is probably gonna go undrafted this year, or late 2nd round at best. That being your best player at Kentucky is a problem. Thankfully we don't have to worry about so much youth anymore. That said, you're not competing for titles with Robinson being your best player, regardless.

Then again, some UK fans have reserved to the fact that next year is a rebuild year anyway. If that's how they feel, cool, I just disagree. Thought we could load up in the portal this year and compete now. We still may. Current roster has 0 stars though.

Robinson being your best player isn't good by Kentucky standards. He is probably gonna go undrafted this year, or late 2nd round at best. That being your best player at Kentucky is a problem. Thankfully we don't have to worry about so much youth anymore. That said, you're not competing for titles with Robinson being your best player, regardless.
Kentucky wasn’t winning championship in year one regardless of who pope brought in. Robinson. Robinson averaged 15 ppg last year, he ain’t a bum. He is projected 38th right now in some mocks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT