ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Sumrall Watch

Coach White is very personable, and extremely good at speaking and such. A true professor of the game, without being too dry. He is sort of a younger, taller version of Eddie Gran . . . in about two seconds you know these guys know more
about football than most any, and would be practicing medicine or rocket science had football not caught their fancy.

But Jon Sumrall has that freaky combination of ALL OF IT. If you thought Bradley Dale Peveto could give a talk to make you run through a wall, wait till you see Sumrall in action.

It’s all speculation, and reading tea leaves.

Maybe Sumrall is at Bama, LSU or Georgia by the time Stoops retires.

But if he gets a shot, here, take an opportunity to meet him. And there will be a lot of those opportunities . . . he’s the kind of Coach who will crowd surf the fan base. But don’t take your checkbook: he’ll have you donating to the school or NIL before you leave his presence.
Sumrall won’t be at either of those schools. I could see him going to Mississippi State though if they cut ties with their current coach. I could see Arkansas as a possibility too. But I think Sumrall would also crawl to UK to coach here if he was offered. Similar to Mark Pope on the basketball side. Kirby Smart isn’t leaving UGA anytime soon. He’s a lifer there. He probably wants to break Saban’s records.

Reactions: The-Hack
I’m convinced that some who post persistent negativity after beating a Top Ten team on the road are either employees of another University or as merely a fan of another program, Somehuywhodoesntlikeuk.
I love Sumrall. I love following his career as a head coach being a former player and coach here. I’ve been a Stoops supporter (although more luke warm the past year or so) and I hope Sumrall continues to win and can be our next coach when Stoops moves on. I don’t think there are any problems with that.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT