ADVERTISEMENT

Joker 2, October 4th

Isn't it a musical? Don't know how that would go over. First Joker was an excellent slow burn.

I'm not a fan of any of the new Batman stuff. Didn't care for the first Joker movie or the Batman remake. Also not interested in this one. Saw the trailer at the Deadpool and Wolverine movie. DC has been mediocre ever since they started to try and copy the MCU. A few decent standalone movies but overall a disappointment.

I'm not a fan of any of the new Batman stuff. Didn't care for the first Joker movie or the Batman remake. Also not interested in this one. Saw the trailer at the Deadpool and Wolverine movie. DC has been mediocre ever since they started to try and copy the MCU. A few decent standalone movies but overall a disappointment.
Batman 2022 is so overrated. People saying it’s better than the dark knight. Are completely high.

Batman 2022 is so overrated. People saying it’s better than the dark knight. Are completely high.
batman-adam-west.gif

I got bait-and-switched into going to see it this afternoon. I haven't seen the first one.

This one's basically two hours of the Joker and Harley talking and/or singing. Very, very little else happens. At the climax, during the Joker's trial (which is headed up by Harvey Dent), the Joker admits to the jury that he's not crazy, that he's just a bitter little nobody, which causes Harley and all the Joker's fanboys to angrily storm out of the courtroom and blow up courthouse. The explosion turns Harvey Dent into Two-Face, then the Joker gets stabbed to death in Arkham by one of his former fans who feels betrayed by his admission. The Joker's killer then starts laughing and carves a smile into his own face, which I guess implies that he's now the Joker or something. I dunno, I was way beyond caring at that point. I wanted to see The Wild Robot.

There were four other people in the theater besides me and my group, and two of those four left about halfway through.

Joaquin Phoenix, Gaga, Brendan Gleeson, and Harry Lawtey (who reminds me of a young Michael Moriarty) are all good, though.

Last edited:
I broke down and suffered through watching the first Joker way back when. Just not my speed, at all. I get the direction they were trying to take the film, but sorry, it was not entertaining for me.

Most certainly will not watch Joker 2. At minimum I know I’m getting something I definitely don’t want to watch. And I’m willing to bet it’s much worse than that, at least from my perspective.

Reactions: Tannerdad
The first one sucked.
It another example of prequel bs.
If it wasn't titled Joker, it's a boring movie about sad sack with mommy issues.
Director just hoped you'd make a better movie in your head hearing Bruce Wayne's uttered off screen.
Instead of putting good movie on sreen, that's your job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT