ADVERTISEMENT

John Clay on this team

These young men are preparing for the draft. Diving for loose balls can get you injured or even a floor burn. First round draft picks dont get floor burns
Cal doesn't get it either. Or is he so out of touch with reality that he think fans who spend their money on NIL and attending games care about how many lottery picks he can produce every season instead of winning games? Kentucky fans deserve to be pissed off right now.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I totally agree with you. As an old retired soldier and Vietnam vet I have never gotten over JVC leading the team in kneeling during the national anthem , I loathe and despise him, Stoops and Barnhart for the kneeling. As far as I'm concerned they are all traitors. That alone should be a basis for firing . Hopefully, there are some lawyers out there in BBN who can make that case if and when they drop the hammer. Thanks for speaking out on this incident!
Thank you for your service.

The glamour doesn’t matter. The windmill dunks, the crossover dribbles, the behind-the-back passes, the hero ball. They don’t mean a thing. All those five-star rankings and recruiting lists are entirely meaningless if your team refuses to do what truly matters to win basketball games.
This Kentucky basketball team doesn’t do the dirty work. It just doesn’t. It doesn’t guard. It doesn’t rebound. it doesn’t block out. It doesn’t accumulate floor burns. Those are the things you don’t see in the highlight reel but make all the difference. This Kentucky team doesn’t do those things.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/john-clay/article285325432.html#storylink=cpy
Not players fault, Coach fails to teach these things.

Weak comments by clay. THIS team doesn’t do those things??? This is the problem these clowns in the media look at cal in the current season and aren’t considering he took a dump several years ago. Our media is scared of him it’s pathetic. If they were honest they would be calling for his head. Once the season is over it’s too late because cal dips and hides. Sick of our media. They are lightweights strain of cal.

The glamour doesn’t matter. The windmill dunks, the crossover dribbles, the behind-the-back passes, the hero ball. They don’t mean a thing. All those five-star rankings and recruiting lists are entirely meaningless if your team refuses to do what truly matters to win basketball games.
This Kentucky basketball team doesn’t do the dirty work. It just doesn’t. It doesn’t guard. It doesn’t rebound. it doesn’t block out. It doesn’t accumulate floor burns. Those are the things you don’t see in the highlight reel but make all the difference. This Kentucky team doesn’t do those things.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/john-clay/article285325432.html#storylink=cpy
well said this is the most disappointing collection of future pros ever at Uk. The are so soft and besides Sheppard nobody gets in passing lanes, rebounds, fronts a big man, hustles sad.

But they get drafted. That's ALL CAL CARES ABOUT. Period. End of the discussion. One day a media talking head will just freaking say it as it is. Everyone knows. Just say it.

…And can we bring Jerry Tipton out of retirement?
Jerry Tipton would not ask a basketball related question. He would ask something stupid that no one would care about. Honestly, he probably didn’t know enough about the game to ask a pertinent basketball question. He would probably be spending most of his time down in London trying to dig up some “dirt” on the Shepard family,

Reactions: crestcat
This is all on Cal. Instead of sending a message and finding 5 players, no matter what their position my be, to do things mentioned here Cal’s #1 objective is playing guys based on their recruiting numbers. Sitting the bench fixes everything. Entitlement does nothing as we have seen.
A coach that’s so dumb that he won’t play zone when a team scores 50 in the paint or know how to run an effective last possession play prevents any hope to hang another banner. Cal is not doing what his paid to do and from my perspective is stealing from UK. Used to think he was great but now I have no respect for him. Anyone who thinks it’s okay to kneel during our National anthem is someone I won’t support.
Ha!!!! The kneeling huh? If he was winning ships I bet you’d allow him to kneel all night long.

Look at any team, and players are always a reflection of the coach.
If a coach is soft, the players will be soft.
If a coach is hard-nosed and disciplined, the player will be hard-nosed and disciplined.
If the coach has a strong work ethic, the players will.
If the coach is lazy, so will be the players.
If the coach is a head case, the players will eventually turn into confused headcases.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you. As an old retired soldier and Vietnam vet I have never gotten over JVC leading the team in kneeling during the national anthem , I loathe and despise him, Stoops and Barnhart for the kneeling. As far as I'm concerned they are all traitors. That alone should be a basis for firing . Hopefully, there are some lawyers out there in BBN who can make that case if and when they drop the hammer. Thanks for speaking out on this incident!

Don’t know about coach but ships wouldn’t make a difference to me. That crap was started by a whipped DA over a phony cause.
WHat was the phony cause?

Good article..I recall a play in Saturdays game where the Zags fought to get another offensive rebound. CBS showed the reply from under the basket. Edwards was just standing there, not even attempting to go after the ball. Then as he stood 3-4 feet away he made a swipe at the ball like he was afraid of the contact. I don't give a crap what the "recruiting exerts" say where you are ranked, I would not let a player like that see the court. If he wanted to transfer, I would help him pack and buy him a bus ticket of town.

Cal always has a ready excuse. We lost because DJ didn't play, we lost because Tre didn't play, etc. Well guess what Cal..Kansas beat Baylor and they were more short handed. Hell UL has lost players but as I watched them play Saturday night against GA Tech, they were at least making the effort and playing hard. In the month of Feb Kenny has more wins than Cal..

We are looking another home loss against Ole Miss. They shoot the 3 and rebound.

I really DGAF what you think of me nor do you know me to judge me. You clearly a coward because the first sign of resistance you cry racism to try to win your battles. You clearly have no clue what the standing even means. You’re a complete f’ing idiot. Welcome to block. And stop crying like a B#tch because you can’t use racism to get your way with everything. Your the one judging, not me. People like you embarrass the rest of the Americans. Always crying foul or the dumbest shit. By the way aren’t you the little racist assuming I’m white?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weak attempt by Clay to come off as outraged. Everything he said was true but could have been said five years ago. You’re late to the party, John. Do better.

Reactions: know1
Ha!!!! The kneeling huh? If he was winning ships I bet you’d allow him to kneel all night long.
Never. I’m not going to debate my morals with anyone. Il’ll gladly wear my UK gear in Indiana again once he is gone. I cheer for the players but no longer for the coach and never will.

Reactions: crestcat
Never. I’m not going to debate my morals with anyone. Il’ll gladly wear my UK gear in Indiana again once he is gone. I cheer for the players but no longer for the coach and never will.
So you just ignore all the money he has helped raise for flood and tornado victims and other charitable endeavors. Kneeling as a protest is simply a red line for you huh? I bet Cal has done more to help his fellow americans than you will ever do in a lifetime. But you keepgoing with that hippocritical phony patriotism angle.

What the hell are they doing in practice? Stop, I know. Tons of individual drills and 5 on 5. Cal has one of the highest paid staffs in the country And they can’t box out, dive for loose balls, keep two hands up on defense etc etc. I mean just basic fundamentals are missing. And this guy is getting paid 8 million?
With regard to the "staff" ... at least Bruiser Flint has the "can chew gum" part pretty much nailed.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie

Every single one of our players should see this. In fact, it would be nice if Cal had this quote projected onto a screen in the film room as they entered. No spoken words, just let them read that, because that quote speaks volumes about the issues our team has.

So you just ignore all the money he has helped raise for flood and tornado victims and other charitable endeavors. Kneeling as a protest is simply a red line for you huh? I bet Cal has done more to help his fellow americans than you will ever do in a lifetime. But you keepgoing with that hippocritical phony patriotism angle.
Maybe so but I will always proudly stand with my hand over my heart every time it is played. No exceptions for me.

Maybe so but I will always proudly stand with my hand over my heart every time it is played. No exceptions for me.
If you really want to impress, maybe you could get a US flag tattoo on your forehead. I mean really showcase your patriotism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT