ADVERTISEMENT

John Calipari says UK team bus will bring coal miner's family to Duquesne game

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
After the help of the BBN, Michael McGuire and his family will be making the trip to Lexington this Friday as the Cats take on Duquesne, according to Calipari after last night's win.

“We’re bringing them in on the team bus. 14 of them. Mom, dad, sister, brother. I said to bring all of them. I think we’ll get Micheal to do the Y.”

After the help of the BBN, Michael McGuire and his family will be making the trip to Lexington this Friday as the Cats take on Duquesne, according to Calipari after last night's win.

“We’re bringing them in on the team bus. 14 of them. Mom, dad, sister, brother. I said to bring all of them. I think we’ll get Micheal to do the Y.”

This has been posted before, but it can't be posted enough, so thanks.

I hope he didn't get "roped" in to the Duquesne game. He deserves to come to any game he chooses. Regardless, such a heart warming story.

This has been posted before, but it can't be posted enough, so thanks.

I hope he didn't get "roped" in to the Duquesne game. He deserves to come to any game he chooses. Regardless, such a heart warming story.

What in the living hell are you talking about?
About them getting bamboozled with a Duquesne game that might have 13,000 people there.

• Haha
Reactions: BBUK
WTF is wrong with some people.? Cal and the program are giving this gentleman and his family a free trip, riding on the bus with the team, free seats, I'm sure free merchandise, meeting the team. When this young kid looks back and remembers this experience years from now, he won't say to himself, "yeah but it was Duquesne". He will remember the unforgettable experience with his family. Yet people still want to bitch about it. Truly unbelievable.

Salty doesn’t begin to describe this post.

The Fuuuuu??!!?!?

Da Brudder is yanking some chains.... dang!
About them getting bamboozled with a Duquesne game that might have 13,000 people there.

I got your post if anyone else didn't. Made me chuckle that several thought it serious.

Of course if it was serious I take back everything I have posted. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: SaltyCat22
Yep bring them up when they can be wined and dined and one of the main focuses of UK rather than an afterthought at a bigger game like Kansas.

Reactions: catsjets
I mean....................they were?

They are not.

1. Political self determination of the colonies.

2.Economic self determination of the colonies.

3. The British wanted to honor their treaties with the natives and tried to bar westward expansion. The British also wanted to keep a buffer between the colonies and the French.

4. The War wasn’t universally thought of as the best thing. There were a great many loyalists and indifferents in the colonies.

Now let’s do the Civil War….

1.Rich slave owners wanted to keep owning black people for “reasons”.

If this man and his family are true UK fans, they are ecstatic about seeing the team play an actual game and get VIP treatment including being driven to and from the game. Not to mention, they should have plenty of opportunities to clap and watch their beloved Wildcats dominate.

Very good of Calipari to make this happen. Usually you just see this sort of thing for Make A Wish kids or something like that. That man and his family will have something to enjoy for the rest of their lives, that's for sure.

• Love
Reactions: Ed323232 and chroix
I agree, he had Cal by the balls. Could’ve went to the media if Cal denied them the chance to go watch Kansas or Louisville. Missed a golden opportunity. Make him put his money where his mouth was.
Bruh seating probably played a big part in that. No court side seats probably available for any bigger home games. Pretty sure the camera is going to cut to them during the game.

An earlier article stated he wanted to go to the KU game. My guess he’ll take just his family to that one and bringing the whole gang for this one. But who knows and either way I’m guessing their family is pretty excited.

This is an awesome story. He’s able to bring 14 family members with him which makes it even better. Not sure why Popquiz had to try to ruin another thread. At some point mods should just block the people that keep hijacking every thread.

This is an awesome story. He’s able to bring 14 family members with him which makes it even better. Not sure why Popquiz had to try to ruin another thread. At some point mods should just block the people that keep hijacking every thread.
Just another far leftist.

They are not.

3. The British wanted to honor their treaties with the natives and tried to bar westward expansion. The British also wanted to keep a buffer between the colonies and the French.

4. The War wasn’t universally thought of as the best thing. There were a great many loyalists and indifferents in the colonies.

If you are as open minded as you say you are. Watch this video.

When I saw this thread my first thought was how many posts until someone goes negative or just make a jerk post. I thought surely it would go 15-20 posts until someone went negative. Nope. Post 2 and 4. You guys never fail to surprise me.

Reactions: ArcadiaFan
They are not.

Do you get paid by the number of threads you derail?

I’ve had that Saltycat guy on ignore for a while, and I’m reminded by that because every thread I’ve seen him in he gets like 25 responses and derails the thread. No clue what he’s posted but just put him on ignore. Not that hard.

Last edited:
An earlier article stated he wanted to go to the KU game. My guess he’ll take just his family to that one and bringing the whole gang for this one. But who knows and either way I’m guessing their family is pretty excited.
This was my first thought. If I could pick KU and bring my sons or another game and bring my whole family and ride in style on the bus I’m picking the whole family all day. What a day that will be.

He was a traitor and overrated as a general.

He was an American hero and then became a traitor. He was both.

Idk how anyone can say he is overrated as if he was in command of the Army of the Potomac the war is over early in by mid 1862 probably.

Popquiz seems........familiar.

If you are as open minded as you say you are. Watch this video.
thats-bait-fury-road.gif

ADVERTISEMENT