ADVERTISEMENT

John Calipari gives an encouraging injury update on Aaron Bradshaw

I don't see any indication that Edwards is the best player on the team. Reeves is definitely better. Wagner, Dillingham, and Mitchell probably are too.
He’s a lottery pick (#4) in most all the mock draft publications and according to you, he’s the 5th best player on the team. Where do you people come from????

F9-D3-D17-A-65-AC-455-A-97-AA-80-CC75209237.jpg

Hold on. I thought he was supposed to be back before the Kansas game a few weeks ago?

The timeline given fell in line with the week of Kansas game which left it in question.

This update is actually in line with what was said at Pro Day. I remember 5 weeks being provided and then the debate being if it was 5 wks from Pro Day or start of regular season. I remember because I look at calendar immediately when they said that....then Jones was making fun of a caller re: timeline, which Jones himself was incorrect on (neither here nor there).

Regardless, when he said 5 weeks, it was Oct 11th. 5 wks from that day would be Nov 15th. We play Kansas on 14th.

IF this update is accurate best case scenario is AB misses first game of season only. Hard to imagine his first game is vs Kansas though. Feel like he would need to be available on 11/10.

He’s a lottery pick (#4) in most all the mock draft publications and according to you, he’s the 5th best player on the team. Where do you people come from????

Persnally I think we see Edwards slide down lower. I dont think he is near as explosive or fluid as I thought he would be. He is still a great player don't get me wrong but I dont see him goung that high in the draft. We shall see.

The timeline given fell in line with the week of Kansas game which left it in question.

This update is actually in line with what was said at Pro Day. I remember 5 weeks being provided and then the debate being if it was 5 wks from Pro Day or start of regular season. I remember because I look at calendar immediately when they said that....then Jones was making fun of a caller re: timeline, which Jones himself was incorrect on (neither here nor there).

Regardless, when he said 5 weeks, it was Oct 11th. 5 wks from that day would be Nov 15th. We play Kansas on 14th.

IF this update is accurate best case scenario is AB misses first game of season only. Hard to imagine his first game is vs Kansas though. Feel like he would need to be available on 11/10.
The 2 weeks is just when he will be cleared to go full contact. He is still going to have to practice some and get back into game shape. I highly doubt Bradshaw sees the court until at least December at some point. Hopefully UGO can be back by SEC play.

The 2 weeks is just when he will be cleared to go full contact. He is still going to have to practice some and get back into game shape. I highly doubt Bradshaw sees the court until at least December at some point. Hopefully UGO can be back by SEC play.

Who said that?

Who cares about nba mock draft. They all had Chris Livingston first round and the dude could not dribble and barely shoot plus has zero bball iq

Reeves and Mitchell are eons better then Edwards now snd that probably won’t change by yewrs end

Bball isn’t played in recruiting rankings

He's gonna play and I can't wait, mainly for the speculation to die
Hopefully this is a joke. You really haven’t bought into this have you? Cal said this crap about Sharpe for months too. Bradshaw isn’t going to play this season. I’m more interested in how Mitchell and big Z can man the post and how we can adjust to that.

Hopefully this is a joke. You really haven’t bought into this have you? Cal said this crap about Sharpe for months too. Bradshaw isn’t going to play this season. I’m more interested in how Mitchell and big Z can man the post and how we can adjust to that.
I disagree as think he will play this year.

Reactions: cat888
1. We for sure need Bradshaw....Mitchell can't play all 40 minutes.
2. We need rim protection and rebounding.....plus we need a quick defender for the myriad of ball screens teams do with your bigs....and Bradshaw as an athlete would be a good option.

I'm over Cal and these vague injury reports are sort of silly given all the history with him. Bradshaw needs to play...the sooner the better. I know we'll hear it regardless....but excuses are getting old. Win and get a good seed for NCAA....that is the mission.

Persnally I think we see Edwards slide down lower. I dont think he is near as explosive or fluid as I thought he would be. He is still a great player don't get me wrong but I dont see him goung that high in the draft. We shall see.
If you read the scouting reports on him (I did) they said that he lacked explosiveness, that he tended to dribble to one side, that his release was slow.

it won't be like the sharpe situation if it is. Cal will probably get ran out of town. Fool me once shame on me. Fool me twice though. Hell its bad enough about Whitney, Harrow, Vanderbilt, and what Wheeler did to some extent. I don't believe Bradshaw will do this and if Cal lets this go on again the fans don't like him already, the fans will have him gone unless we win it all this year. Which without Bradshaw and some of the other 7 footers not as possible with him.

He is projected as a top 5 pick, that is correct.

Do NBA projections at all impact Kentucky's ability to win games this season?

If Edwards stayed 5 years in college, his 5th year he would almost certainly be better than Antonio Reeves is this year. However, Edwards has 0 years of college experience and is only scratching the surface of the player he might become. That is great for NBA teams, not so great for Kentucky's ability to win games this season, which is what should be the priority.

Really wish we would stop comparing these incidents to Sharpe. Last year, some posters tried to say that injuries to Wheeler and Cason and others, were all in the next line of Sharpe-like decisions to stop playing, and all due to Cal. And yet that all came back in some capacity. I think every player that got injured, eventually came back, unless their injury took them past the end of the season.

Sharpe is and was a total anomaly. It seems his entire plan was to take what he could from college and give nothing in return (or, it at least became his plan at some point).

I get the frustration of player injuries.. the lack of info from Cal, the fact that we always seem to get injured, players protecting their draft stock. I get it. It's annoying for sure.

But these are not the same as Sharpe, and until we start to see additional examples, Sharpe should be treated as a one off.

Last edited:
the way Mitchell is playing the 5 Bradshaw might be hurt all year. Mitchell's Defense is solid and the 3 is something of beauty. We do need Z or Ugo for some backup minutes.
Must be watching a different player?

Do you think Reeves guards too?

Mitchell has his strong points. Defense is not one.

He’s not a great rebounder either.

We need shot blocking and rebounding from our bigs. Or even one big.

This won’t be a complete team until we have that.

I’ll disagree but it’s ok. I don’t think he’s very good at all. Maybe our 5th or 6th.
Kinda my opinion too. He has a great ceiling long term but in a single freshman year….I just hope he buys into the AD role of “take the 5th most shots and rebound and alter/block every shot you can” bc any offense he generates that isn’t lobs and putbacks, we are taking the ball out of a better offensive players hands.

I don’t want to see forced post ups, lack of ball movement, and midrange. If we shoot midrange it should be a pull-up off a drive from a guard/scorer that’s well inside their range and not a big that’s just inside their range. Reeves, Wagner, Dilly, Reed, Mitchell, Edwards are all priority on offense. Bradshaw is around Thiero on my offensive priority list. His impact will come on the defensive end, the glass, and garbage points/lobs tk keep the driving lane help D honest………IF Cal uses this team correctly

I need to see Brsdshaw play on a college court to make any judgement. He might be our best player or a bust,at this point its all conjecture. Edwards is a perfect example, preseason picked top 3 freshman. Having seen him play he simply doesnt shoot the ball well enough to be that guy. He has skills but he just doesnt shoot that well

Reactions: Greatestalltime
Really wish we would stop comparing these incidents to Sharpe. Last year, some posters tried to say that injuries to Wheeler and Cason and others, were all in the next line of Sharpe-like decisions to stop playing, and all due to Cal. And yet that all came back in some capacity. I think every player that got injured, eventually came back, unless their injury took them past the end of the season.

Sharpe is and was a total anomaly. It seems his entire plan was to take what he could from college and give nothing in return (or, it at least became his plan at some point).

I get the frustration of player injuries.. the lack of info from Cal, the fact that we always seem to get injured, players protecting their draft stock. I get it. It's annoying for sure.

But these are not the same as Sharpe, and until we start to see additional examples, Sharpe should be treated as a one off.
But that's not as fun as creating illogical conspiracies, and spewing vitriol and hate.

Must be watching a different player?

Do you think Reeves guards too?

Mitchell has his strong points. Defense is not one.

He’s not a great rebounder either.

We need shot blocking and rebounding from our bigs. Or even one big.

This won’t be a complete team until we have that.
disagree guess we'll find out soon enough

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT