ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Hart set to Announce on Saturday

We don't need.an Illinois St student.
Where someone went to school to start their career is not indicative of who they are as a player. Guessing you would not have wanted Ja Morant to transfer to UK either since he played at Murray State.
G - Dillingham - Sheppard
G - Wagner - Sheppard - Hart
F - Edwards - Thiero - Hart
F - Bradshaw - Burks
C - Onyenso - Cyril

Is that enough to make it to the third weekend of the tournament?
think this team will struggle to even make the tournament much less the third weekend. At best this team gets a play-in game as an 11 seed. Freshmen are just not going to be able to get it done in todays college basketball landscape especially with the limited help they get from the sidelines and overall game preparation. I see many 15 point losses with this lineup.

Let’s build a good core group of players for the years ahead. Joey, Reed Adou Ugo Burks Somoto add Travis Perry next year. If we’re real lucky maybe 1 or 2 of our 5 stars. Build a future.

Change the narrative. Get back to the roots of UK bball. Consistency.

I’ll be excited to pull for this year’s young bunch.

F - Bradshaw - Burks
C - Onyenso - Cyril

That's a scary you roster, not sure about third weekend with just about zero experience.

Let’s build a good core group of players for the years ahead. Joey, Reed Adou Ugo Burks Somoto add Travis Perry next year. If we’re real lucky maybe 1 or 2 of our 5 stars. Build a future.

It's a nice thought.

It just never pans out.

F - Bradshaw - Burks
C - Onyenso - Cyril

With Cal as head coach? IDK if you get to the tourney if Bradshaw sits part/all of the season. The ceiling for this team is the bubble. A few bounces here or there will be the difference between a first or second round loss and an NIT bid.

I'd be all over Travis Perry. He's playing in the Shelbyville tournament. Is UK represented?

Kid will transfer as soon we get bounced out of the first round next year

Kid will transfer as soon we get bounced out of the first round next year
Not so sure. If the kid doesn’t have expectations of much playing time this season then why leave? Certainly could transfer but most of our guys who leave had illusions they could compete for playing time year one. I’d guess if can’t carve a niche in year two is when he would leave.

He won’t make an immediate impact but will be a very solid 4 year player. Something this program has lacked under Cal. Also, Hart is the type of kid who has given UK fits in the past. Glad he’s on our side.

Reactions: Big BlueBeard
what is he going to teach them
Probably teach kids how to squeeze as much NIL money out of UK while dangling whether they return to play or not.
This whole situation could be fixed by telling Reeves and anyone else to move on that keeps whining about pay. Find players that want to be Wildcats. They will do very well for themselves.

This is pathetic!!

Probably teach kids how to squeeze as much NIL money out of UK while dangling whether they return to play or not.
This whole situation could be fixed by telling Reeves and anyone else to move on that keeps whining about pay. Find players that want to be Wildcats. They will do very well for themselves.

This is pathetic!!
he can also teach him how to play defense

Not so sure. If the kid doesn’t have expectations of much playing time this season then why leave? Certainly could transfer but most of our guys who leave had illusions they could compete for playing time year one. I’d guess if can’t carve a niche in year two is when he would leave.
We just keep losing guys that you wouldn't think we are going to lose.

Ugonna supposedly came here as a project to learn behind Oscar. He was even in line for a huge role this coming season. He still tried to leave via the portal to get a better NIL deal.

what is he going to teach them
He may have only been at UK 1 year, but he could still show by example what it takes to succeed at the college level with work ethic and also to give some guidance as to what Cal wants.

He may have only been at UK 1 year, but he could still show by example what it takes to succeed at the college level with work ethic and also to give some guidance as to what Cal wants.
you have two other guys coming back that can do what little you are talking about
most of these players travel from the time they are very young teenagers
most of them do not need their hand held and coddled away from home

We just keep losing guys that you wouldn't think we are going to lose.

Ugonna supposedly came here as a project to learn behind Oscar. He was even in line for a huge role this coming season. He still tried to leave via the portal to get a better NIL deal.
Ugonna was a 4 star from Africa with handlers trying to mooch. I don’t know much about Hart’s family life but I’d be surprised if he’s in a position he has to worry about things like that.

Ugonna was a 4 star from Africa with handlers trying to mooch. I don’t know much about Hart’s family life but I’d be surprised if he’s in a position he has to worry about things like that.
Maybe. I hope he stays 3 or 4 years.

It's just a routine at this point. Everyone that I think will stay here for 3-4 years goes pro or transfers.

Kybluedude posted:”

Change the narrative. Get back to the roots of UK bball. Consistency.”

I’d love to see that happen, but as long as Cal is here we can have no continuity. He recruits over existing players so he can get 5*’s OneNDone to the NBA. Wish it would change!

Reactions: Nuthinbut
He won’t make an immediate impact but will be a very solid 4 year player. Something this program has lacked under Cal. Also, Hart is the type of kid who has given UK fits in the past. Glad he’s on our side.
What in the world makes you think he’ll be a solid 4 year player? When’s the last time we had somebody come in, develop over a few years and then turn into a solid senior?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT