ADVERTISEMENT

JJ Redick Very Complimentary Of Kentucky Players In The NBA

Didn’t he say right before that that he can’t remember guards being elite at Kentucky, but they’re good in the pros?

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
Didn’t he say right before that that he can’t remember guards being elite at Kentucky, but they’re good in the pros?
At first I thought it was a dig but I think he was referring to how young they come to Kentucky and as they develop, they’re off to the NBA. I could be wrong.

At first I thought it was a dig but I think he was referring to how young they come to Kentucky and as they develop, they’re off to the NBA. I could be wrong.
I think he was throwing shade at Cal. He basically said that the scouts don't concern themselves too much about their performance at UK. It is baked in that Cal doesn't get the best out of his players.

Felt bad for the Harrison twins dig. There are UK guards that have failed but a second rounder and undrafted guy were weird references. Young, Teague, and Archie are the ones who have flopped as firsts on the guard spots(if you look at Young as a 2G).
Definitely weird . I didn’t get bringing them up . We have had other guards that didn’t make it that were highly ranked .

If it wasn’t a dig it was a dumb statement. I don’t know how you wouldn’t consider Wall, Knight, Murray, Fox, and Monk elite. SGA has far outperformed but he was still getting accolades and carrying our team by the end of the year.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
He’s ended up being one of the better voices in sports. Seems like he calls it straight. Maybe I just agree with his takes I’ve heard but he seems like a much better dude since he left Duke.
Met him at a tournament in VA Beach when he was a teen and played for Boo Williams AAU. He was a good kid then. Hate he ended up a Dukie, but he was a stud. I think he just embraced being the villain because he was hated while at Duke. I remember watching a game and someone had a sign that said “JJ is Reddiculous” and behind it someone made another sign that said “ly gay”. lol.

Archie Goodwin was a superhero in high school. I'm still stumped how he never developed.
Do you not remember how terrible that team was? They would literally stand around and dribble until there was 8 seconds left on the shot clock and then throw it to Archie to try and figure something out. Hell the second best scorer in that team was Julius Mays.

Reactions: crestcat
Do you not remember how terrible that team was? They would literally stand around and dribble until there was 8 seconds left on the shot clock and then throw it to Archie to try and figure something out. Hell the second best scorer in that team was Julius Mays.
How does your comment in any way relate to mine? Archie played one year at UK and then 5 years in the NBA/GLeague. I'm surprised he never developed. Lots of one and done freshmen don't have great college careers and then develop after...

Met him at a tournament in VA Beach when he was a teen and played for Boo Williams AAU. He was a good kid then. Hate he ended up a Dukie, but he was a stud. I think he just embraced being the villain because he was hated while at Duke. I remember watching a game and someone had a sign that said “JJ is Reddiculous” and behind it someone made another sign that said “ly gay”. lol.
I knew Boo Williams when I lived in Hampton. He was a State Farm Insurance Agent.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
There’s some good documentary’s out about JJ. He admits his freshmen and sophomore years at Duke all he did was party and stayed in trouble during the off season. Even considered quitting basketball all together. But, his Jr year was when he began to mature and focus even more on his game, as a result became an All American and developed a work ethic that would allow him to last in the NBA.

It’s like 18 and 19 years old kids needs time to mature. Sometimes we want to rush them because they’re talented. JJ has become a very well respected voice in sports, one that seemingly speaks without bias.

As a fan who can't stand Duke and their monopoly over the sport I've never minded JJ Redick. Bilas, I've always seen as a con man which usually gets blatantly exposed on Selection show build up and Selection Sunday Show on ESPN but enough people ignore that bias.

When you put in as many players as Kentucky/Duke/etc....you'll have some guys who surprisingly flourish and others who bomb out. Part of the numbers game.

I think he was throwing shade at Cal. He basically said that the scouts don't concern themselves too much about their performance at UK. It is baked in that Cal doesn't get the best out of his players.
I think we all know Cal doesn't get the best- he gets lucky every once in a while, but most of the time he does not have a clue, or so it seems

Reactions: LmdCat
He’s ended up being one of the better voices in sports. Seems like he calls it straight. Maybe I just agree with his takes I’ve heard but he seems like a much better dude since he left Duke.

Of course the day I say something nice about a Dukie they open their mouth and ruin it lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT