ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Tipton on KSR today

There should be a good medium for a beat reporter. You can’t be a fan. Fans are rarely objective and will fanboy too much. But you also shouldn’t be just determined to destroy someone either. Like if it’s there then do it but don’t manufacture it.

I think it’s natural as a fan to have not liked him.

I actually wish we had Tipton around the last four years. He would have been the only media member who wasn't afraid to pitch Calipari softball questions.
I remember those hard questions for Tubby about losing his last few years...

He absolutely destroyed Gillispie in his two years...

The above never happened. His questions were junk.

JT was a t---.So much negative comments and attitude from him over the years. Many years ago, my family and I went for breakfast during the SEC tourney. Tipton had already been served when we got seated a couple tables away. We all had UK gear on. He looked up when we were seated and had a look on his face like someone had sh-t in his hand, looked away, got up and left. Not normal behavior. That incident just verified how I already felt about him. UK fans at the SEC tourney are like family.

I actually wish we had Tipton around the last four years. He would have been the only media member who wasn't afraid to pitch Calipari softball questions.
Tipton NEVER asked a legitimate basketball question in his life. He was about questioning where Patrick Patterson got his truck ,Kelena Azabuikes father’s legal problems or asking John Wall how it felt to have a father that was a convicted murderer, but he didn’t know enough about basketball to even ask a pertinent question.

Speaking of KSR, where is Matt Jones? Last time he was on the show was late May, if I remember correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT