ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremiah Jones

We have a safety in that class Martels Carter from Paducah who is considered a much better prospect.
Nobody is sure what position Jones will play despite being listed as a safety. Nebraska is just taking a chance on his measurables and baseline ball skills, but he needs to make big strides in his development.

DB is the position where I have the most confidence in Stoops and his staff's evaluation though. They must not see what they want relative to other options.

It's important to note that Nebraska isn't what it used to be.

Jones is 6'6", but he doesn't really dominate the competition like he should. I hope he finds success at the next level.

I checked his stats from last season and they don't reflect what he should be doing in Kentucky HS football if he's indeed a 3-star athlete.

Passing: 54/102, 643 yards, 6 TDs, 2 INTs
Rushing: 63 rushes for 204 TDs, 3 TDs
Receiving: 22 catches, 326 yards, 2 TDs
Defense: 66 tackles, 4 TFLs, 5 sacks, 2 INTs, 2 Fumble Recoveries (1 for TD)

Obviously, a player who is versatile. I watched a little bit of his HUDL film from his Junior season and looks to have some impressive qualities. I would be more curious about what he could if he played on a better team that played against better competition. Hard to fully gauge what he can do since Murray is a 2A school.

Matt Ruhle recruits a lot like Mark Stoops.

They look for TRAITS in athletes and hope with progression and hard work they turn into players.

UK did that with a lot of their 2024 class.

My guess on Jones is Nebraska sees a kid who could turn into hybrid LB/S type, similar to Alex Afari at UK

Reactions: Rockford
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT