ADVERTISEMENT

Jemarle Baker 29 pts/8 3’s vs Stanford

Kinda weird how a lot of guys leave here for NBA or other teams and seem to shoot better. Maybe it’s coaching.
you mean they get away from the guy that never stops screaming, telling them they suck, and breaking clip boards when they miss one shot and start playing for modern coaches who let them play loose and all of a sudden their confidence goes up and their stroke comes back? no way

Kinda weird how a lot of guys leave here for NBA or other teams and seem to shoot better. Maybe it’s coaching.
KAT is on his way to being the best shooting center (three point and FT percentage on high volume) of all time and he wasn’t allowed to shoot threes here. Minnesota runs him off screens like a guard and he hits 40%

Nope. Not playing your game. Not all transfers are equal.
I see then...it's hypocritical to say transferring is quitting....but UK won 3 titles with transfers so that part of it is ok. Just admit it. Don't pretend to have some morality high fround about it.
If a player transfers, they have their reasons. Doesn't matter if you agree with them or not.

I see then...it's hypocritical to say transferring is quitting....but UK won 3 titles with transfers so that part of it is ok. Just admit it. Don't pretend to have some morality high fround about it.
If a player transfers, they have their reasons. Doesn't matter if you agree with them or not.

No, it's not hypocritical. Play your bullshit games with someone else. Transferring over misconceived notion of playing time is not the same as transferring when you get injured and because there was a lot of turmoil there as in the Derek Anderson case.

Yes, Macy quit on Purdue. I don't know what or pretend to know how Purdue fans feel towards him. I doubt they would have created posts fawning over him after he left their school though. Im also not old enough to know why he did transfer.

As for Travis Ford. Again, not the same thing. https://www.upi.com/Archives/1990/08/16/Ford-leaves-Missouri/1754650779200/

Last edited:
Matthews, Baker and Juzang all had an expectation to see increased minutes the following season and to see their games improve with hard work and effort. They quit because they wanted to duck the competition. That's a quitters mentality.

Wiltjer didn't quit on the team. He had a good reason to transfer. Gonzaga was a better situation for him. He wasn't ducking anyone. It made sense.

Lol ok...so Baker, Juzang, and Mathews “quit” because they had an expectation of increased minutes, but Wiltjer didn’t quit when he knew that his minutes were going to decrease with Randle coming in...that makes perfect sense lol.

Those guys left for what they felt were better situations, just like Calipari recruited over them in what he felt was best for the program. I don’t begrudge any of them for moving on to different situations and actually being able to play as opposed to sitting for 4 years.

Lol ok...so Baker, Juzang, and Mathews “quit” because they had an expectation of increased minutes, but Wiltjer didn’t quit when he knew that his minutes were going to decrease with Randle coming in...that makes perfect sense lol.

Those guys left for what they felt were better situations, just like Calipari recruited over them in what he felt was best for the program. I don’t begrudge any of them for moving on to different situations and actually being able to play as opposed to sitting for 4 years.

Lol. Wiltjer was still going to play regardless of Randle coming in. Would he have lost 2 minutes of game time because of it, maybe. You speak as if he was going to be on the bench for all but 8 minutes. Those guys didn't leave for better situations. They left because they didn't want to fight for their minutes. They quit.

No, it's not hypocritical. Play your bullshit games with someone else. Transferring over misconceived notion of playing time is not the same as transferring when you get injured and because there was a lot of turmoil there as in the Derek Anderson case.

Yes, Macy quit on Purdue. I don't know what or pretend to know how Purdue fans feel towards him. I doubt they would have created posts fawning over him after he left their school though. Im also not old enough to know why he did transfer.

As for Travis Ford. Again, not the same thing. https://www.upi.com/Archives/1990/08/16/Ford-leaves-Missouri/1754650779200/
Not playing any kind of games. You said they quit. You don't know why they left. Youve twisted yourself into a pretzel trying to prop up your view and not look like a hypocrite about it.
Macy is one the most popular players to ever play at UK. Derek Anderson was a starter on maybe the greatest UK team ever. Heshimu Evans was a dude for the '98 team.
Never heard anybody desctibe them as quitters for transferring. You sound like someone with sour grapes because some kids left you r team. Grow up.

Lol. Wiltjer was still going to play regardless of Randle coming in. Would he have lost 2 minutes of game time because of it, maybe. You speak as if he was going to be on the bench for all but 8 minutes. Those guys didn't leave for better situations. They left because they didn't want to fight for their minutes. They quit.

Spin it until your heart is content lol.

Mathews got better playing basketball for John Belien than he was playing for John Calipari. Baker got better playing basketball for Sean Miller than he was playing for John Calipari. The jury is out on Juzang. But none of those facts are in dispute.

Spin it until your heart is content lol.

Mathews got better playing basketball for John Belien than he was playing for John Calipari. Baker got better playing basketball for Sean Miller than he was playing for John Calipari. The jury is out on Juzang. But none of those facts are in dispute.

Matthews- you don't know that he wouldn't have gotten better here. Talk about spin.

Baker- you don't know if he would have gotten better under Cal because he tucked tail and ran when he saw Clarke and Boston coming in. Again, talk about spin.

Whatever you say guy.

Mathews and Baker both got better after they left. That isn’t in dispute.

What brilliant effing insight. Well, they got better. No crap. They would have gotten better at UK too. Doesn't change the fact they quit on this program because they didn't want to stay here and earn playing time. Keep on pining though. It's your right.

Kids like Baker used to become legends at UK. Now Cal runs them off before they have a chance. Im so sick of Cal i can't stand it.
I've often thought of how many guys that are a part of Kentucky's storied lore that would NEVER have even set foot on campus if they were around when Cal was here.

We've also had some guys that have played themselves into our history under him too. Harrison twins are always the first I think of. Aaron's shots during that 14 tourney run were the stuff of legend.

But we could go on for hours naming guys that are LEGENDs, guys who's jerseys hang in the friggin rafters, that Cal would have deemed not worth his time. I mean, would Tony Delk have even made the cut. Someone as good as double zero, my favorite Cat of all time...I don't think Cal would have taken him,

I mean this in the nicest way possible.

There are 3 or 4 of you that make absolutely no sense and it's because in your endless defense of a guy, in this case Calipari, you are totally f'n blind to everything going on around you. I refuse to believe you are this dense and stupid. I just won't do it.

What brilliant effing insight. Well, they got better. No crap. They would have gotten better at UK too. Doesn't change the fact they quit on this program because they didn't want to stay here and earn playing time. Keep on pining though. It's your right.
None of us know why they left. Your assuming they “ quit”when you have no idea what the real reasons could have been. I just know it’s awful strange that players that were known to be good shooters in high school come to UK, can’t shoot...go to another program and shoot the ball a lot better.

None of us know why they left. Your assuming they “ quit”when you have no idea what the real reasons could have been. I just know it’s awful strange that players that were known to be good shooters in high school come to UK, can’t shoot...go to another program and shoot the ball a lot better.

They left in some cases because they were being recruited over. In some cases they left because Calipari didn’t want them to stay. They transfered in some cases because they got sick of being in Calipari’s dog house. Some left because they can shoot the basketball and Cal won’t set anything for them. In some cases they left because Calipari values freshman over returning upperclassman.

I assume, in some cases, they “quit”.

Where I draw the line in the sand in this is when you have guys like Juzang, Matthews, and Baker leaving and don’t recruit guys like Powell. You’re talking about the future core of basketball teams. It doesn’t matter why, this is our problem.

Matthews, Baker and Juzang all had an expectation to see increased minutes the following season and to see their games improve with hard work and effort. They quit because they wanted to duck the competition. That's a quitters mentality.

Wiltjer didn't quit on the team. He had a good reason to transfer. Gonzaga was a better situation for him. He wasn't ducking anyone. It made sense.
And how do you know Matthews, Baker, and Juzang didn’t find a situation that they consider to be a better situation? What happens in games isn’t the only thing that matters when you’re a college basketball player.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Imagine Juzang and Baker on the wings with a penetrating pg willing to dish...maybe Hagans back?? This is how you build good TEAMS!! Not all one on one AAU players trying to “get theirs”!!!

How back Taveion Hollingsworth dishing it to him his senior year?

Reactions: EliteBlue
I mean he appeared in 28 games and averaged 9 minutes per game as a freshman. His shooting stats stunk his year here and his first at AZ. Cal didnt play him bc he sucked during his time here. Hes a helluva player now but Cal didnt exactly run him off by not playing a qualified player at the time
Signed,

Josh Harrellson

Pathetic. Cal's system is a failure. I'm tired of it. It needs to be gutted starting with his pathetic offensive pholosophy.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT