ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Wells contacts UK

Reeves is a better college player, wells is a better pro prospect, but wells with another year in college could be dangerous. He could easily avg 15-20 points, 5-7 rebounds, 40-44 percent from 3, and make about 80-100 threes
Yes please, give me a guy who could be Reeves anyday. Let alone one with a little more pro potential. Just give me a dude who can get 20 every night out.

I really feel sorry for Reeves. He had a great year and Cal totally let him down and screwed it up. Cal was such a horrible in game coach and strategist that it makes you wonder if Cal gave a shit at all about winning. Did he listen to his assistants? If he did, did he try to adjust? The results speak for themselves. College basketball is as weak as it’s ever been and Cal was never able to take advantage of it. Screw you Cal and I have no idea how this fraud ever got into the HOF.

I really feel sorry for Reeves. He had a great year and Cal totally let him down and screwed it up. Cal was such a horrible in game coach and strategist that it makes you wonder if Cal gave a shit at all about winning. Did he listen to his assistants? If he did, did he try to adjust? The results speak for themselves. College basketball is as weak as it’s ever been and Cal was never able to take advantage of it. Screw you Cal and I have no idea how this fraud ever got into the HOF.

Great post, Don. Cal sucks. And Arkansas will learn that too. And when they do . F””’em

Testing the waters, can still pull his name out, because he is in the portal. He got until May 31st.

He may have until May 31st but we don't necessarily want to wait that long. If we get Mahaney, Osobor and Carr, along with Smith, there won't be much space left. Obviously he's 100% a take but assuming we're still hunting for a big SF scoring option, he may want to hop on the bus before someone else fills his spot. Nothing wrong with testing the waters but make sure you realize most teams won't wait and are still recruiting.

That being said, I want him really really really bad.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
Yup Reeves is that dude, probably the (best?) Cal transfer overall. I would lean Oscar but he’s at least 2nd I’d say and the best scorer.

I have no idea how he didn’t start dominating. As you said college basketball as a whole was perfectly setup for him here. He could recruit anyone, and then with the portal and NIL he should have dominated. Both K and Roy left. Only Self, Drew, and now Hurley remain. He should have been fighting for a final 4 almost every year.

Reactions: bigbluedon
He may have until May 31st but we don't necessarily want to wait that long. If we get Mahaney, Osobor and Carr, along with Smith, there won't be much space left. Obviously he's 100% a take but assuming we're still hunting for a big SF scoring option, he may want to hop on the bus before someone else fills his spot. Nothing wrong with testing the waters but make sure you realize most teams won't wait and are still recruiting.

Yes, if he us going to stay in draft till final day, move to the power kid who will have 3 years left.

There has been virtually nothing posted for a month about Jaylen Wells (6'8", 205; Junior; 12.6 ppg at Washington State; 4.6 rpg; 41.7% 3pt shooting). I understand that he's potentially in the NBA draft until May 31, but ... like Catzman, I would really, really like to get Wells if he doesn't stay in the draft !
Following up on Catzman's post above ... we didn't get Mahaney, Osobor, or Smith. I think we clearly need to keep a space open for Jaylen Wells until he definitively goes somewhere else. Just MHO, of course. :cool: Go 'Cats ! ! !

Last edited:
Yeah I've been fanboying Wells since he hit the portal. I fully expect him to get drafted somewhere 40-60 range.
However, if he doesn't get reassuring feedback and withdraws from the draft I'd love to have him at UK. Chances are slim and a lot of things would need to go our way to land Wells, therefore I think priority has been placed on Lanier and Robinson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT