ADVERTISEMENT

Javon Baker is transferring to Kentucky

Need a CB and a OT. Two needs albeit important, that is out of about a 48 player two deep counting the kicking game. The days of being a half dozen to a dozen question marks are gone. Wish Dare was going back but when he came it was thought it was for a year. Main player that made sense to stay was Dort but that one may have been determined before we lost the two Jucos. Still have young talent at DB and a few great examples of transfer success stories.

Last edited:
Let’s go!!! WR room is set now. Grab a OL and CB or two and we are set
WR not necessarily set yet. Yes, we need two CB transfers.

Stoops probably won't take an offensive lineman unless he gets an ideal LT who can start in the SEC. We already have a full roster of offensive linemen. Although some of them don't have playing experience at this level, they all all big and talented.

I’m literally clueless about this guy.

Should we expect a Wandale type transfer or more like the WR from Michigan state ?

Should we expect a Wandale type transfer or more like the WR from Michigan state ?
Somewhere in the middle, don't expect Wandale numbers, but I don't think he's not going to play a down like Morgan.

Reactions: dlhay
Huge get! Between the incoming freshmen and what we've gotten through the portal, our WR group is starting to look very good.

Reactions: K_TIME

I’m thinking somewhere in the middle. I’d be willing to bet the house on Robinson or Baker being Uks best WR next year if that helps. Dude was nearly a top 100 recruit two years ago. Hard to break into Bamas rotation at WR of late so don’t think the lack of production can be taken at face value. Think UK fans will be very familiar with MR Baker by the end of next season

This is great news!! The players who have transferred to UK and they playing time they have gotten has to have a really positive impact on our high school and portal recruiting going forward. GO CATS!!

I didn’t think he could with academics?
The issue was , could he be eligible for spring practice. It didn’t have anything to do with a “lack of“ academics. It was about the date you were allowed to apply for spring semester.I still don’t know if he will be eligible for spring practice, but he should be good to go for the actual season.

I see Robinson as the leading receiver, Baker as the guy making tough catches but I'm really anxious to see Barion Brown. I see him starting as a true freshman and being a star.
What I saw on clips of Brown was a pretty speedy receiver who needs to work on route running. I think he will be a year or two away.

Reactions: SosaUK87
Awesome

We are constructing a wide receiver room for 2022 & beyond better than any in school history

Now we need a 4 or 5 star 2023 QB recruit to realize this, we have deadly weapons to throw too and The Big Blue Wall to keep them upright!!!

He was compared to Riley Ridley that played for the Bears. When you look at each players credentials they are shockingly very comparable on paper. When coming out of high school as a four star Baker was a guy that had a reputation of being a very good route runner. He was a guy that was very good winning balls in the air, strong hands and physical getting the ball. A highly competitive guy that has a rep of great work ethics, his speed is average or better than average but he does have the ability on short quick quick bursts to get separation.

Ridley played for the Bears and has somewhere around 4.6 speed and is also known for his precise and great tight route-running. He also has strong hands and is great at beating the defender for the ball. Also a highly competitive player his speed is good enough to get down field well but not the blow away speed you would see with some receivers. They are both about the same size at 6-1 200.

He looks like a good complement to Robinson. Don't forget, we have some speed burners coming on with Drennen, Crowdus and the two in coming freshmen so we are creating a diverse group of receivers that gives us different things.

Awesome

We are constructing a wide receiver room for 2022 & beyond better than any in school history

Now we need a 4 or 5 star 2023 QB recruit to realize this, we have deadly weapons to throw too and The Big Blue Wall to keep them upright!!!
Yes, that is obviously the next step. This coaching staff has to find a way to land an elite QB. We've had guys that very serviceable in recent years. Some of them have actually been able to do certain things extremely well. But we have to find someone who is the total package, the kind of QB who could start at elite programs. I am very pleased with Will Levis. He's probably got the highest ceiling of anyone we've had since Andre Woodson. But to take it to the next level, we need someone even better. As good as Will Levis is with certain aspects of the game (leadership, toughness, making plays with his legs, cannon of an arm), he also has a number of weaknesses. I hope UK can finally land a covered 4/5 star QB that plays to the maximum of his potential. How many highly rated QB's have we had over the last 10-15 years that just never panned out due to injuries, not being as good as advertised, etc.? Mossakowski, Newton, Towles, Barker....it just seems like such a long list.

Awesome

This is the next step in our program in my opinion. We need to land a top 50 (overall) caliber QB. I think after what Coen can sell with how good Will is/will be , we are in good shape to do so.

Awesome

Fantastic news and great point above. I wouldn’t turn away an elite QB, but if one doesn’t emerge hopefully Beau Allen can look awfully good with these weapons!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT