ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper Johnson

I live and work in Western Kentucky. I have SEVERAL Lyon county connections. I've heard from multiple people connected to Perry that the story about Cal telling him not to come because he wouldn't play him is 100% true.
If you are saying that Cal didnt recruit Sheppard, that isnt true. If it is Perry only? Cal did recruit him but not to the level that he recruited Sheppard and others. We will see if Perry is on the same level as other 2024 Cal recruits, Knox, Fland , Richmond and Quantaince. I hope Perry outshines them all.

Reactions: UKortho
Said they have to make the best decision for Jasper. I mean if they are thinking long term, after his playing days are over, wouldn't that be UK?
This seems like the obvious answer. Go to Bama and be completely forgotten after a few years of go to UK and be community hero for the rest of your life. Regardless of Bama's NIL offer, being a Ky kid that chooses UK over big time rivals will lead to a lifetime of NIL.

Travis Branham on the Leach report made it still sound like it's a race between UNC and Bama with UK in third place. He sounded (to me anyways) like UK made up some ground but still in third.

Travis Branham on the Leach report made it still sound like it's a race between UNC and Bama with UK in third place. He sounded (to me anyways) like UK made up some ground but still in third.
What does that even mean....how can any recruiting expert (i.e. glorified guesser) say UK was third and in a new prediction are still 3rd but made up ground? HE's totally pulling it out of his butt to appear like he knows something.

Reactions: Wonky and KFuqua
This seems like the obvious answer. Go to Bama and be completely forgotten after a few years of go to UK and be community hero for the rest of your life. Regardless of Bama's NIL offer, being a Ky kid that chooses UK over big time rivals will lead to a lifetime of NIL.
I don't care how many Final Fours that Alabama makes. Their basketball team will always play 2nd fiddle to Alabama football. The Alabama fans are more concerned about who the 3rd string punter for their JV team is, than who a 5-Star basketball recruit named Jasper Johnson is.

I think Mullins is on same level as JJ, so I hope we get both. Read the tea leaves folks, big family powwow, full of kentucky blue, followed by info that he'll be announcing soon. If he wanted someone else he would have committed many months from now so that he could evaluate further, aka, see how pope was doing. Let's please not disparage the kid, before or after the announcement. He's a good kid, go Big Blue.

Money is part of today’s game, but it won’t push him one direction or another.

“I know it’s something that has to be done nowadays and it’s something you’ve got to look into, but it’s not really that important to me,” Johnson told KSR.

Reactions: jayroon
What does that even mean....how can any recruiting expert (i.e. glorified guesser) say UK was third and in a new prediction are still 3rd but made up ground? HE's totally pulling it out of his butt to appear like he knows something.

He was very weird about it. You just kinda had to hear it. He made it sound like it went from Bama for sure to like UNC is gaining traction. Based on his "contacts" he spoke to over the weekend. Seemed like UK was never much in the picture per him. Who the heck knows.

I don't care how many Final Fours that Alabama makes. Their basketball team will always play 2nd fiddle to Alabama football. The Alabama fans are more concerned about who the 3rd string punter for their JV team is, than who a 5-Star basketball recruit named Jasper Johnson is.
I remember the story of Jared Prickett on his recruiting visit to Kentucky. John Pelphrey was his host and Prickett was down to UK and ND. Pelphrey told Pricket, "If you want to play football, you go to Notre Dame. If you want to play basketball, you go to Kentucky."

I live and work in Western Kentucky. I have SEVERAL Lyon county connections. I've heard from multiple people connected to Perry that the story about Cal telling him not to come because he wouldn't play him is 100% true.
Did you know where he was going the night before he announced? Any of your connections let it slip? The national recruiting guys didn’t know- the recruiting folks at HOB didn’t know. I knew, posted it, and I also know your statement is 100% false.

Last edited:
Did you know where he was going the night before he announced? Any of your connections let it slip? The national recruiting guys didn’t know- the recruiting folks at HOB didn’t know. I knew, posted it, and I also know your statement is 100% false.
Can vouch for this.

I'm sure what he meant was that we were a distant third and with upping the NIL offer and whatever else we closed the gap but are still in 3rd like a race horse which was 5 lengths behind is now 1 length behind 2nd place. if that makes sense.

Reactions: K_TIME
Kentucky stepped up stronger for Johnson. I believe he is ours to lose at this point. Still not 100% but UK is back in the lead, last week we were the runner up in this recruitment. I still wouldn’t be mad if we miss out on him because I believe there are better options that are a better fit. But keeping the high level in state talent at UK is also important and for that reason I hope he commits to us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT