ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper Johnson

I'm going to guess you saw the title and the picture and just assumed it was Johnson. However, even if you don't know what either looks like, there are a couple of clues that the picture isn't of Johnson. First of all, the caption on the pic is representing your home state, and Johnson's home state is Kentucky. Secondly, the OP specifically said to look at who liked the pic, indicating that the subject matter was in the like, not the pic.
Got me. I surrender!!😂

He didn’t lead us, he helped us to a championship. Fine player but not one I would consider a legend. Sorry guys.
He should have said Goose Givens. That’s the in-state legend to me. Not only helped his team win the title, he led the team to a title, finishing with one of the greatest title game performances of all time.

How many high school recruits do y’all think Pope will take in 2025?

The main recruits I’ve seen mentioned are Jasper Johnson, Malachi Moreno, and Tounde Yessoufou. Hopefully Oweh, Garrison, and Chandler will do well and be back in 2025 as well.
Getting way out in front of the skis here, but just for speculation purposes: That would be 5 guys returning whom I believe will all be good players in year two; then add those 3 freshmen you mentioned for a total of 8 players. Add to that a top PF & SF and maybe PG from the portal, then maybe a skilled tweener freshman PF (e.g., PJ Washington or Brice Hopkins) and I would be very happy.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
How many high school recruits do y’all think Pope will take in 2025?

The main recruits I’ve seen mentioned are Jasper Johnson, Malachi Moreno, and Tounde Yessoufou. Hopefully Oweh, Garrison, and Chandler will do well and be back in 2025 as well.
I’m going to say Pope signs five, maybe six.

The ‘25 class is talented and deep. Got to get as many of these guys as possible without going overboard. I don’t think he would want a roster with 7 or 8 Freshmen.

Definitely want Johnson and Moreno. Another in-state kid that looks like UK material is Magwood (originally from Louisville).

Get those three plus Riley is also a priority (if he stays in ‘25).

Maybe finish with Yessoufou and maybe another long term investment 4-star/high 3-star type.

Those six plus five guys back in Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry, and Noah.

Then use the last two spots in the portal?

He should have said Goose Givens. That’s the in-state legend to me. Not only helped his team win the title, he led the team to a title, finishing with one of the greatest title game performances of all time.
How could i over look the Golden Goose

Being a legend isn't limited to championships.

I'd say Big Dan and Mashburn qualify without question for a couple examples.

Reed had a great year but wouldn't qualify in my book though.
Both of those guys had multiple conference championships. They also won multiple tournament games. Hell, Mashburn made a F4.

Other than playing at UK, Reed didn't accomplish shit for the program.

For each his own or old school mindset I really wish Jasper would had stayed at Woodford co and helped lead the yellowjackets to a state title but its a different world now

Well excuse me..... I've not seen pictures of either. I thought it was Johnson since that was the topic.

Forgive me ol basketball guru. lol
Well if you didn't know who it was in the picture, why make a glaring mistake of a post ? if you don't know, don't post.

How do you know that James?

Are you our JJ insider?
I believe he said it in an interview I watched. I want to say it was Jack Pilgrim? I came away from whatever interview I'm thinking of saying that UNC will be hard to beat. I also want to say he had a friend that was already committed to UNC as well.

I believe he said it in an interview I watched. I want to say it was Jack Pilgrim? I came away from whatever interview I'm thinking of saying that UNC will be hard to beat. I also want to say he had a friend that was already committed to UNC as well.
Isn’t it that Jackson kid?

STFU, Reed is a UK legend. One of the best players to ever play here. Its not his fault his coach sucked having one foot out the door and not doing his job as a coach. Its not Reed's fault he wasnt a starter and wasnt allowed to take as many shots as Cal's favorites.

Reed is absolutely a Kentucky legend . Darius Miller is too. to say otherwise is absurd.

STFU, Reed is a UK legend. One of the best players to ever play here. Its not his fault his coach sucked having one foot out the door and not doing his job as a coach. Its not Reed's fault he wasnt a starter and wasnt allowed to take as many shots as Cal's favorites.

Reed is absolutely a Kentucky legend . Darius Miller is too. to say otherwise is absurd.
I have never understood why people want to tag individual honors based on a team's success. If it is an individual honor, then it should be mostly based on things that individual accomplished. It takes a team to win a championship. Mashburn is definitely legendary status, and he never won a title. But anybody that lived during that era knows who that is. Isn't that the very definition of being a legend??

Cal sucks and mis used Sheppard for sure. But there's no getting around that Sheppard shit the bed his last game here. If you find him a legend that's great. The vast majority of us see him as the son of a legend who could hit 3 point shots but never accomplished anything.

Cal sucks and mis used Sheppard for sure. But there's no getting around that Sheppard shit the bed his last game here. If you find him a legend that's great. The vast majority of us see him as the son of a legend who could hit 3 point shots but never accomplished anything.
There are plenty of legends who didnt go to the final four or win a title. Is Tayshaun Prince not a legend?

Legend is " a very famous person" and for Reed being as great as he was and being a top 5 draft pick, ... he'll be a UK legend for a long long time per the definition of legend.

Reactions: JASUN74
I have never understood why people want to tag individual honors based on a team's success. If it is an individual honor, then it should be mostly based on things that individual accomplished. It takes a team to win a championship. Mashburn is definitely legendary status, and he never won a title. But anybody that lived during that era knows who that is. Isn't that the very definition of being a legend??
A legend in this context is "A very Famous person" so anyone saying you have to carry the team or win a title or do this or that isnt using the word correctly. A UK player can be a legend for just trash talking like what Kriisa might do this year lol.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
There are plenty of legends who didnt go to the final four or win a title. Is Tayshaun Prince not a legend?

Legend is " a very famous person" and for Reed being as great as he was and being a top 5 draft pick, ... he'll be a UK legend for a long long time per the definition of legend.
Agree to disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT