ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper Johnson and PF target Bundalo among those singled out at Wooten 150 camp.

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
“Bundalo was one of the more skilled, mobile big men at the camp,” Biancardi added. “He drove the ball from the high post with some emphatic finishes and showed inside footwork, moves and touch. Bundalo was also an effective spacer, either with his lefty jumper or by setting ball screens to pop out or roll to the rim. He’s loaded with natural talent that continues to develop.”

Finkelstein:
4. Niko Bundalo headlines night session

It was the story of two sessions for Niko Bundalo, who seemed to be forcing the action to start the day, but was arguably the most dominant player in the evening. His complete offensive versatility was on display as he made some plays off the bounce, showed his shooting touch to the arc, and finished athletically at the rim.

Reactions: WildcatNC
“Bundalo was one of the more skilled, mobile big men at the camp,” Biancardi added. “He drove the ball from the high post with some emphatic finishes and showed inside footwork, moves and touch. Bundalo was also an effective spacer, either with his lefty jumper or by setting ball screens to pop out or roll to the rim. He’s loaded with natural talent that continues to develop.”

With Jasper Johnson being named as the most outstanding player at the Wooten 150 camp. This should make him a consensus Top-5 recruit.

I said on another post that we aren't getting great recruits any longer on a regular basis like we did with Calipari so if someone looks great it's probably best to assume he won't be coming to Kentucky. We can all be surprised and happy if we get a top recruit like Johnson during Pope's time at Kentucky but we should all just expect it not to happen like with Bundalo. Recruiting is not everything though so hopefully we will have a better post season record.

I disagree with prior post about not getting great recruits any longer. We already have two. We'll probably land acaden Lewis soon, another great recruit. If we don't land Wilson it sounds like we'll make a serious run at the cenac kid. All great recruits. There is a pecking order to this. If we had made Bundalo one of our top priorities we would have likely landed him. This is the game all the top tier teams play.

I said on another post that we aren't getting great recruits any longer on a regular basis like we did with Calipari so if someone looks great it's probably best to assume he won't be coming to Kentucky. We can all be surprised and happy if we get a top recruit like Johnson during Pope's time at Kentucky but we should all just expect it not to happen like with Bundalo. Recruiting is not everything though so hopefully we will have a better post season record.
95qh7y.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I disagree with prior post about not getting great recruits any longer. We already have two. We'll probably land acaden Lewis soon, another great recruit. If we don't land Wilson it sounds like we'll make a serious run at the cenac kid. All great recruits. There is a pecking order to this. If we had made Bundalo one of our top priorities we would have likely landed him. This is the game all the top tier teams play.
He is a priority. Pope visited him a couple of weeks ago and he is still visiting UK.

It's cringe to think that Pope won't be getting as good of recruits as Calipari on average when Calipari had 25% of the NBA all stars last year and consistently had multiple top-5 recruits? I'm not really sure what you feel is cringe.

I'll help you out by highlighting the cringe.

Pope and staff are killing it on the recruiting end, particularly when you consider they are doing it without having coached one game at UK yet. Will Pope not recruit at the lvl Cal did? That yet to be determined and they have different priorities when it comes to the types of players they want.

Don't assume because Cal is gone we won't be getting top grade players. WE ARE UK!! The UK brand helped Cal be the recruiter he became. UK was getting top players long before Cal and will continue to do so long after...point...blank...period.

0099c1eb2dcc23b02401211ee8866bad.jpg

Last edited:
It's cringe to think that Pope won't be getting as good of recruits as Calipari on average when Calipari had 25% of the NBA all stars last year and consistently had multiple top-10 recruits? I'm not really sure what you feel is cringe.

Our starting PGs the last 5 years were Ashton Hagans, Devin Askew, Savhir Wheeler, and DJ Wagner

Reactions: G-PIP
I'll help you out by highlighting the cringe.

Pope and staff are killing it on the recruiting end, particularly when you consider they are doing it without having coached one game at UK yet. Will Pope not recruit at the lvl Cal did? That yet to be determined and they have different priorities when it comes to the types of players they want.

Don't assume because Cal is gone we won't be getting top grade players. WE ARE UK!! The UK brand helped Cal be the recruiter he became. UK was getting top players long before Cal and will continue to do so long after...point...blank...period.

0099c1eb2dcc23b02401211ee8866bad.jpg
I’m no fan of Calipari but to say UK is the reason he got the recruits isn’t fair. That sleezeball was getting recruits at UMASS and top classes at Memphis . The one thing he has always done well is recruit

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT