ADVERTISEMENT

Jamie Vinson visiting

I'm fine with using all the schollies just seems odd since we just signed Ansley as the backup 4 and we have Williams and Garrison at the 5.
he’s not for this coming season. He’s a developmental piece for Pope’s 2nd season. We are likely going to have 7 of our top 9 as SRs this coming year. We need some guys that will be here so they can develop and potentially help the following season.

I'm fine with using all the schollies just seems odd since we just signed Ansley as the backup 4 and we have Williams and Garrison at the 5.
Here he would be a developmental piece that would not see the floor until '25-'26 (or later) most likely. 3 star incoming freshman waiting on the front court guys we signed with one year of eligibility left (Carr, Williams, Almonor) to move on.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'm still waiting for the big scorer we never seem to get.
If Robinson pulls out of the draft he’s coming to Kentucky. If not, I don’t think Lanier will go and we’ll have to outbid UT and we will. I think the plan for the 13th scholarship has always been to bring in a Freshman to redshirt. That’s what you’re potentially looking at here.

[
If Robinson pulls out of the draft he’s coming to Kentucky. If not, I don’t think Lanier will go and we’ll have to outbid UT and we will. I think the plan for the 13th scholarship has always been to bring in a Freshman to redshirt. That’s what you’re potentially looking at here.
Lanier and Robinson to me comes down to who wants to commit first.

As for Lanier, Robinson or Poplar, We have made it known we are interested. Robinson may stay in the draft but if he doesn't he is the most likely to come on board.
Lanier may be interested but if his asking price is simply to much then we will pass. Simple as that....same for Poplar.
It's not like the roster at present is hurting for scorers. We have ample enough scorers to get it done. It doesn't have to be one dude to get it done when it can be a committee of dudes that teams have no clue on who will be hot any given game.
We are fine at present but let's see how it plays out with the last 2 spots.

As for Lanier, Robinson or Poplar, We have made it known we are interested. Robinson may stay in the draft but if he doesn't he is the most likely to come on board.
Lanier may be interested but if his asking price is simply to much then we will pass. Simple as that....same for Poplar.
It's not like the roster at present is hurting for scorers. We have ample enough scorers to get it done. It doesn't have to be one dude to get it done when it can be a committee of dudes that teams have no clue on who will be hot any given game.
We are fine at present but let's see how it plays out with the last 2 spots.
Kentucky isn’t going to pass on Lanier, they clearly want him, and I don’t believe they 1.8 million number. Outside of osobor NIL numbers are over exaggerated massively. If you want a good player you are going to have to pay some, Lanier is good, kentucky will have to pay some

I would be surprised if he wants to come here just to redshirt.
I hadn’t thought about that and don’t remember where I saw it but Pope did say he’s going to try to bring in a kid to redshirt for next season. Maybe he was thinking of this kid or someone else I suppose. This staff guys is putting in the work. lol.

Reactions: ACT ONE
Kentucky isn’t going to pass on Lanier, they clearly want him, and I don’t believe they 1.8 million number. Outside of osobor NIL numbers are over exaggerated massively. If you want a good player you are going to have to pay some, Lanier is good, kentucky will have to pay some
Of course we will pay but we aren't going to break the bank for anybody.

I'm still waiting for the big scorer we never seem to get.
When? You mean like the ones we kept on the bench last year?
How about the ones mishandled years prior?
The upside with this class; the quality of depth to execute the supposed gamelan is perfect. Sure, we’d all love that elite 3 level scorer out of the draft, and I believe we’ll still land whomever it is. But, with or without them, this is still a team sport, and it’ll be coached that way. Your desire of need is not necessary.

Not saying it's what's happening but it just crossed my mind. Is there any reason a walk on can't get NIL money? Just saying.

I'm vanilla on taking Jamie Vinson ... but the last kid we got that played at Oak Hill Academy in Virginia was a pretty good player -- Ron Mercer. Had 20 for the 'Cats in the 1996 NCAA Championship Game as a freshman. Leading scorer, for the season, for the 'Cats and Consensus First-Team All-American on the 1997 NCAA Runner-Up team as a sophomore. Went to the NBA after two years.

Reactions: JASUN74
I'm vanilla on taking Jamie Vinson ... but the last kid we got that played at Oak Hill Academy in Virginia was a pretty good player -- Ron Mercer. Had 20 for the 'Cats in the 1996 NCAA Championship Game as a freshman. Leading scorer, for the season, for the 'Cats and Consensus First-Team All-American on the 1997 NCAA Runner-Up team as a sophomore. Went to the NBA after two years.
Love Ron Mercer, damn good player.

I think people have forgotten what team basketball looks like, to make it simple instead of reeves scoring 20 every game we have 7-8 that can and will do that at anytime just whoever is hot that game. Gonna be open shots everywhere with the ball moving and we got lots of guys that can make them. When we have a chance to actually recruit 5 star freshmen we will see those kind of guys again but we were at a huge disadvantage this year.

I think people have forgotten what team basketball looks like, to make it simple instead of reeves scoring 20 every game we have 7-8 that can and will do that at anytime just whoever is hot that game. Gonna be open shots everywhere with the ball moving and we got lots of guys that can make them. When we have a chance to actually recruit 5 star freshmen we will see those kind of guys again but we were at a huge disadvantage this year.
You still need the studs to win anything.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Keldon johnson was good here as well. He went to oak hill as well

I agree.
I also think some forget about the experience factor. This team isn't going to be intimidated by anybody. Once Pope and the staff get these guys here and start getting them all on the same page with how things will be done, I think BBN is in for a very pleasant surprise in Pope's first season.

I agree.
I also think some forget about the experience factor. This team isn't going to be intimidated by anybody. Once Pope and the staff get these guys here and start getting them all on the same page with how things will be done, I think BBN is in for a very pleasant surprise in Pope's first

I believe we'll field a very competitive team. No talk of national championships, but if this team made a Sweet Sixteen, Pope will springboard with recruiting.

Studs? Was reeves a stud when he left Illinois state? Was he his first season with us? Was he last year? It isn’t black and white things change I’d consider him a stud last year, who knows how this is gonna shake out but our guys we have gotten have that same potential

This might just be me, but I'm not gonna put much stock into a 13th man. If it's this guy, then great! He's rather raw, but I hope the coaching staff can develop him. More importantly I think this tells me that the staff feels confident that they will get the 12th man so they've moved on to the last spot. I hope that 12th spot is Lanier or Robinson.

On a side note, if Robinson goes to KU then I'm truly gonna be pissed. What a stacked roster!

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT