ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Lecque possible reclass

Don't understand why we are going after so many guards. But Cal is a great coach so he knows best.

Reactions: will1976
I understand the recruiting strategy, next year there really isn't any big time big men in college basketball.

I think Cal has learned the lesson that he needs to get in early on recruits. The days of waiting till the Fall of their senior year are pretty much over.

It is strange to be targeting so many guards to potentially reclass - I don't imagine that goes over well with this year's guards.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Comparisions to Diallo: equal hops, better handle, equal or better shot. Why not, seems like we need to replace an entire roster.

Man I really want this kid. Flat out star... would take him right now over maxey or may get both. Please cal get him , maxey and wiseman or Carey and call it a day .

Reactions: Jazzycat
Someone in Maxey’s circle denied that he would reclassify. So maybe this is the back up plan to Maxey? That or Green is for sure transferring.

Otherwise, not sure what Cal is thinking here but with that much talent it would be fun to find out.

I was personally hoping for one of the transfers mentioned lately or Carey to reclassify. Wiseman would be nice but with his frame he may not be playable until his second year after some weight training and weight gain.

I don't like Westbrook, but he's averaged a triple double the past 2 seasons. How is that a ball hog?
He dominates the ball way too much. Everyone likes to say Rondo fishes for assists but Westbrook fishes for stats more than any other player in the league. His shooting percentages have always been average or below average since he's been in the NBA. You see how well his team's have done without Durant. I may be a Westbrook hater but idk that's just my scouting report for him :/

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Imagine :
Hagans
Maxey
Lecque
Montgomery
Wiseman or Carey
Johnson
Herro
Baker
Richards
Vanderbilt
You seem to be "in the know" on a lot of things UK. I see your list above but what do you think is realistic. If you know about all these dudes leaving, you must also know about who had a high probability of being here in the fall with all these possible reclassifications. However, you seem to be wishing on all the reclassifications and certain on the ones leaving. I'm not doubting you or dogging you, just trying to get some of my own insight. Personally, and I have NO knowledge but just guessing. I say that Carey reclassifies and goes to Duke now that Carter is gone. I think Wiseman won't reclassify. I think our big man will have to be grad. transfer. I think we get Maxey but have no idea about Lecque, he could be a Dukie also.

From the article:

"That’s a pretty good indicator that Lecque is high on UK’s recruiting big board right now. But despite said interest, Lecque doesn’t yet have a scholarship offer from UK."

o_O

I say that Carey reclassifies and goes to Duke now that Carter is gone.

Maybe but don't sleep on Miami.

I think Wiseman won't reclassify.

I think you're right.

I think we get Maxey

Probably but in 2019.

I think our big man will have to be grad. transfer.

Only if more than one of PJ, WG, JV leave.

have no idea about Lecque, he could be a Dukie also.

Or UNC.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
He dominates the ball way too much. Everyone likes to say Rondo fishes for assists but Westbrook fishes for stats more than any other player in the league. His shooting percentages have always been average or below average since he's been in the NBA. You see how well his team's have done without Durant. I may be a Westbrook hater but idk that's just my scouting report for him :/
Yea without a 7 foot freaking sharpshooting 2 guard they took a step back lol. Westbrook sucks

Imagine :
Hagans
Maxey
Lecque
Montgomery
Wiseman or Carey
Johnson
Herro
Baker
Richards
Vanderbilt

I refuse to seriously contemplate a Wiseman/Carey reclass in your equation until it happens. Batting 0.05 with the last 20 top five players isn’t the stuff of optimism when it comes to the elites of each class. As for the rest, looks like a disappointing roster largely due to the fact that only three guys on your list were returners from a group that should have returned at least 6, probably 7 guys.

Seems distraction-like. Replacing experienced 2nd tier non-transcendent players with 2nd tier non-transcendent guys who are two years younger and exponentially less experienced?

How is that good math?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT