ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Feldhaus transferring to Madison Central

What the heck are you talking about? I have no idea what a G school is but public schools have free tuition for all students in district… that’s why they’re called “public schools” my guy. Public schools aren’t tax breaks, they are funded by your tax dollars. They cannot offer free tuition or scholarships as a recruiting incentive. That’s the whole point…

I just googled “G school” and all I got were links to agricultural schools. Urban dictionary also turned up nothing that sounded relevant to the conversation. If you’re going to use your own, personally made up, phrases I would appreciate it if you defined them in the future so we don’t have to play dictionary in the middle of a discussion.
Government School. Duh. That is what they are. I suppose you could add "Grooming" to that as well.

They offer free tuition and free breakfast and lunch. They open their doors to anyone including those who are here illegally and pay no taxes at all.

If a parent is making a decision as to where to send their son they can choose to accept a G-School "education" for their child or sacrifice for his future and cough up $16K + meals. They certainly can accept the 16K tax break if they wish by subjecting their son to indoctrination. I think we see the fruits of that daily on many campuses around the nation.

But to argue that paying ZERO at G-School and $16K at a Private school is a recruiting advantage? For whom? .... I'd say paying ZERO at a G-School and ZERO at Private is by definition a LEVEL playing field.

Having coached travel ball in one of the major sports I had a player who went to a Cath grade school who was recruited to play at Manual. The AD had the power with the Princ approval to bring the player in, though not through the normal route to get to go to Manual. My point is that it happens everywhere. The schools that suck....do not recruit because they do not care. I have a great deal of experience with Eastern High. They had several changes in AD over the past decade. The Princ does not care about athletics so that is reflected on the field. Go back 20+ years ago and the AD and Princ both cared about and emphasized athletics. That was back when guys like Rondo, Felton Spencer and other D1 players came through there. Not a coincidence.
Yeah, Eastern wasn't a sports hotbed in the JCPS back in the day. Neither was Western, Atherton, Iroquois, Southern or Butler. It may've changed as I haven't kept up with Jefferson County sports in a very long time.

The focus of a school should be on education and not athletics.

To be honest, the entire culture of sports in this country from 4 year olds playing t-ball to fans at a Jets game has been so corrupted by money I don’t know how much more I can stomach.
10 year old girls travel softball makes me nauseous.

Yeah, Eastern wasn't a sports hotbed in the JCPS back in the day. Neither was Western, Atherton, Iroquois, Southern or Butler. It may've changed as I haven't kept up with Jefferson County sports in a very long time.
Their problem, aside from administration apathy, is not the size of its student body. The ones you named above are "bottom dwellers" with the possible exception of Butler. Those have an apathetic group of parents as well as admins.

Eastern is a very large school (overflowing) and has nearly as many males as Trinity or X. The issue with many of their athletes is that they require transportation to a distant part of the city. That process is unfair to the student athlete who REALLY must want to be there. Its a very long day for them. Unless you have a group of parents or coaches who are willing to make that drive to drop the "athlete" off then it is not going to happen. Eastern should have top Basketball and Football...but they get beaten routinely by much smaller CAL. CAL is an example of a smaller school with a bunch of "lesser athletic" kids who have excellent coaching, solid program, and the desire to win. I think Hunter Cantwell is their head coach and have had other UofL QB's prior to him. They are small but aggressive and disprove that you have to recruit Baptists to win. That is nonsense.

Last edited:
I would bet over 90% of Trinity’s roster and starters are from Catholic grade schools.
You would be correct. I will also say that there are lots of non-Cath students at THS. Heck they even had a couple Jewish kids before in the baseball program. One with both parents being Docs. Its just nonsense that Trinity is good because of recruited black athletes. That is just ignorance as to the size and scale of the program. I would suggest that anyone go out to watch a FB practice. They are open. You will go away saying....I get it now.

The focus of a school should be on education and not athletics.

To be honest, the entire culture of sports in this country from 4 year olds playing t-ball to fans at a Jets game has been so corrupted by money I don’t know how much more I can stomach.
Travel sports in general...especially baseball....is a pox on the land. It has destroyed rec baseball and is an awful thing for the players. Specializing at 8yo is AWFUL and should be illegal.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT