ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson st beats Mizzou

0-5 Jackson st just went into Columbia and beat Mizzou. Mizzou should have lost to Minnesota to

Lot of people were wayyy too quick to jump on the Dennis Gates bandwagon. Didn’t they already lose to another mid major this season? They got smoked by Memphis too.

Edit: nvm looked at their schedule that’s their only 2 losses so far but they’re both pretty ugly and you’re right, they had to come back from double figures to scrape by a bad gopher team.

Lot of people were wayyy too quick to jump on the Dennis Gates bandwagon. Didn’t they already lose to another mid major this season? They got smoked by Memphis too.

Edit: nvm looked at their schedule that’s their only 2 losses so far but they’re both pretty ugly and you’re right, they had to come back from double figures to scrape by a bad gopher team.
They should of lost to Minnesota, the gophers were in control for most of that game and blew it late

Reactions: Montana81
There's only about 4 - 5 other strong SEC teams this year. Tenn will be really good, Bama looks pretty good and TX AM looks to be legit. I think FL is actually going to be a tournament team along with Auburn. The rest looks pretty subpar.

Reactions: Montana81
There's only about 4 - 5 other strong SEC teams this year. Tenn will be really good, Bama looks pretty good and TX AM looks to be legit. I think FL is actually going to be a tournament team along with Auburn. The rest looks pretty subpar.
Do you think Kentucky is in the category with the good 4 teams or subpar group

Looks like the bloom is off the rose in Columbia... [laughing]

200w.gif

From what I have seen so far, we are the superior SEC team again. TN and A&M are fully capable of taking it from us, but I think even without a big man, and with Edwards and Wagner still adjusting, we are already one of the best teams in the country. Give us 1 big and get Wagner and Edwards to at least be reliable, and we are the best. There is a reason we have been the talk of CBB since Tuesday night. Everyone is seeing what we are capable of.

From what I have seen so far, we are the superior SEC team again. TN and A&M are fully capable of taking it from us, but I think even without a big man, and with Edwards and Wagner still adjusting, we are already one of the best teams in the country. Give us 1 big and get Wagner and Edwards to at least be reliable, and we are the best. There is a reason we have been the talk of CBB since Tuesday night. Everyone is seeing what we are capable of.
as of right I would put uk tied 3rd with bama, and Tennessee & A&M first and second. But Kentucky has the potential to be first

Reactions: DelayableMil
Lol. Trying to trap the new guy I see. I got ya buddy. Got to weed out the pretenders! Ha. Anyway, I am having fun watching this group play the game, and as much as I’ve loved Kentucky basketball since birth, this does feel like one of those special teams who could do something. I don’t remember texting so much with my son during the games in a long time. Can’t hardly watch the damn game cause one of us texting something they’ve done. Haha. Love it. Also, they seem to be having fun out there and that’s what’s been missing as much as anything. Dang don’tworryboutit, I’ve wrote a book here. Lol. You have a good one brother.

Lol. Trying to trap the new guy I see. I got ya buddy. Got to weed out the pretenders! Ha. Anyway, I am having fun watching this group play the game, and as much as I’ve loved Kentucky basketball since birth, this does feel like one of those special teams who could do something. I don’t remember texting so much with my son during the games in a long time. Can’t hardly watch the damn game cause one of us texting something they’ve done. Haha. Love it. Also, they seem to be having fun out there and that’s what’s been missing as much as anything. Dang don’tworryboutit, I’ve wrote a book here. Lol. You have a good one brother.
Nawh I wanted to know what his thought were. And all good, the Miami game is huge Kentucky needs a big win for the team and the fanbase

Noticed the same thing w/ my son and texting during the game. Not that it was any more necessarily, but less stressful, more upbeat content for sure.

I disagree. There are a lot of good teams. Out of 14 teams, calling the SEC subpar because of the bottom 5 is silly.

Some of the undefeated teams have very weak OOCs. South Carolina, Miss St, and Ole Miss don't play a single ranked team out of conference so it's hard to gauge them. Also Florida is in this bucket as well.

Bottom 5: LSU, Missouri, Georgia, Vandy, South Carolina

Mid: Miss St, Ole Miss, Florida

Top 6: UK, UT, A&M, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas

Miss St and Arkansas could flip and honestly all three of the 'mid' teams could very well make the tournament.

I disagree. There are a lot of good teams. Out of 14 teams, calling the SEC subpar because of the bottom 5 is silly.

Some of the undefeated teams have very weak OOCs. South Carolina, Miss St, and Ole Miss don't play a single ranked team out of conference so it's hard to gauge them. Also Florida is in this bucket as well.

Bottom 5: LSU, Missouri, Georgia, Vandy, South Carolina

Mid: Miss St, Ole Miss, Florida

Top 6: UK, UT, A&M, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas

Miss St and Arkansas could flip and honestly all three of the 'mid' teams could very well make the tournament.
I didn't say the conference was subpar at all. I said we had some subpar teams. As does every conference.

UK, Bama, UT and A&M so far appear a step ahead of everyone.

Then Arkansas, UF, Auburn and maybe Ms St. will likey be good teams that can all make the tournament and should.

The rest are all going to be NIT teams or less.

You can generally get a pretty good idea of a team after a few games. For instance, Ole Miss has played 4 games against some pretty bad mid majors and has squeaked out wins in each game. While they are winning, that's pretty indicative of a team that will likely struggle as the competition picks up.

Personally, I like when the SEC is a trash heap. It didn't hurt us in 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998 or 2012.
This. That's because even when it's a trash heap, it's STLL a P5 conference. Any P5 conference is going to usually be better on the whole (even when down) than the mid major conferences.

When my son was deployed to Afghanistan we would watch and text during the game. It was a special time to be able to share with him half a world away.

Let’s not say how terrible Mizzou is right now and in a month or two Cal loses to them again.

When my son was deployed to Afghanistan we would watch and text during the game. It was a special time to be able to share with him half a world away.
That’s awesome SmyrnaCat. You guys will always have that great memory. I definitely notice alot more Lols and hahas when we’re texting during the games this season. Just some fun basketball so far. Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT