ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Jackson Pruitt remains key UK target in Michigan

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Kentucky has established under Mark Stoops that it is a program with the capability of luring talent out of Michigan to the SEC.One of the staff's next projects on that front?

Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech's Jackson Pruitt, a prospect that UK got an early jump on in the process.

"Kentucky was my first Power 5 offer, so it was huge for me," the talented lineman told CatsIllustrated.com.

The staff has some interesting cards to play here, as there are two close ties to Pruitt that could prove helpful in the pursuit.

"My cousin, TJ Carter, just graduated from Kentucky," said Pruitt. "DeAndre Square went to Cass Tech. He's somebody I talk to often even though I never actually played with him. He still lets me know how things are there and just tells me it's a family environment. He loves it there."

The 6-foot-3, 260-pounder has also been to Lexington prior to the coronavirus-induced in-person recruiting shutdown.

"I've visited Kentucky once and it was a pretty nice place, great staff," Pruitt said. "I really like what they are building."

Steve Clinkscale is the UK staff's point man in Michigan and has been doing solid work in Pruitt's recruitment.

"I've talked to Coach Clink often," said Pruitt. "He's a really good guy who looks out for his players. I've spoken to Coach Schlarman a few times as well, they're a very family oriented staff."

In addition to the offer from the Wildcats, Pruitt has also picked up scholarships from Missouri, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Maryland, and Colorado.

Said Pruitt: "I'm just looking for a place that feels like home and I feel gives me the best chance at developing as a man and football player. I know this decision will affect me for the rest of my life so I just want to be comfortable enough where I know 40 years from now I know I made the right choice."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News