ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson and Updated Mock Draft on The Athletic

DTAJR14

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2004
I DO think Jackson is seriously considering coming back, but I do NOT think he will ultimately return. Surefire first round is tough to turn down, especially coming off a year when you see so clearly how many things can unexpectedly go wrong.

That said, here is what Sam Vecenie posted in his latest mock draft up this morning. In addition, Mike Pratt was on with Leach this morning and said teams are telling Jackson he will go between 20 and 30.

Anyway, Vecenie has him going 21st to the Knicks, and here's the blurb on him:

A fascinating situation, as Jackson is considering returning to school, per The Athletic’s Kyle Tucker. That tracks with what agents and scouts I’ve talked to have been told as well. Jackson could certainly use another year in college to iron out some of the more raw parts of his game. Having said that, he showed genuine growth, especially late in the season. NBA teams would assuredly take a chance on him somewhere in Round 1, potentially even in the late lottery, due to his elite-level physical tools. He’s 6-10 with a 7-3 wingspan and all sorts of twitchy explosiveness. He is the prototypical run-and-jump, play-finishing, shot-swatting center prospect and has the athleticism to legitimately do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News