ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson #11 in new ESPN mock draft.

He's gone for sure.

Mock drafts, whether they project you 10th or 50th don’t mean crap, and shouldn’t to a player. He should not pay any attention to what some random internet guy says, and only listen to what the NBA teams tell him or Cal.

Some of you guys might want to tell Jackson he is gone, cause he definitely doesn't seem so sure. You would think someone definitely gone would be doing as many autograph tours, media blitz and endorsement deals as possible. He is leaving thousands upon thousands on the table just waiting around Lexington. Not to mention he could have an agent who fronts him a large amount of cash as well to get going. No fancy cars reported, no private training sessions with specialized trainers, and several videos of him working out at Craft with teammates. His own dad is on record saying he doesn't mind to work longer if Isaiah wants to stay in school and get better guarantees next year. Sure doesn't appear "gone" yet!
That’s what is really making me think he’s serious about coming back for real. He could easily have signed long ago and made his announcement or like you said he making money before the draft. I think he’s legit considering it.

I’d love to have him back but tbh he should go whether he’s lottery or not.

He wasn’t an elite recruit, he’s a project big, he’s fringe lottery, that’s great draft status for a project big, because if he comes back it’s just continuing the project while not getting paid, he might as well develop while getting to paid. There’s no amount of college basketball that could make him a #1 pick. His ceiling is a Bam Adebayo skill set with super athleticism and a big frame, he’s still years away though.

Reactions: Pewee Cat
Some of you guys might want to tell Jackson he is gone, cause he definitely doesn't seem so sure. You would think someone definitely gone would be doing as many autograph tours, media blitz and endorsement deals as possible. He is leaving thousands upon thousands on the table just waiting around Lexington. Not to mention he could have an agent who fronts him a large amount of cash as well to get going. No fancy cars reported, no private training sessions with specialized trainers, and several videos of him working out at Craft with teammates. His own dad is on record saying he doesn't mind to work longer if Isaiah wants to stay in school and get better guarantees next year. Sure doesn't appear "gone" yet!
I like the fact him and his parents are handling it responsibly and not in a hurry. Kinda refreshing. We do have a few success stories of guys who came back for one more year.

Reactions: LEDGENDARY
I like the fact him and his parents are handling it responsibly and not in a hurry. Kinda refreshing. We do have a few success stories of guys who came back for one more year.
I agree with you guys that his handling of this does seem to be different than many of our one and dones, just for the simple fact that he wasn’t on the first flight out of Lexington as soon as the season ended.

And we definitely have some stories of guys who have come back for a sophomore year to dramatically improve their games and NBA stock. My question though would be, how many of those guys were sure fire 1st round picks like Jackson? That’s where the rubber meets the road here.

I agree with you guys that his handling of this does seem to be different than many of our one and dones, just for the simple fact that he wasn’t on the first flight out of Lexington as soon as the season ended.

And we definitely have some stories of guys who have come back for a sophomore year to dramatically improve their games and NBA stock. My question though would be, how many of those guys were sure fire 1st round picks like Jackson? That’s where the rubber meets the road here.
Yea, I think in the end there is a better chance he leaves than stays. It's a lot to pass up, lottery or not. But if lottery is his goal, then it's going to be close. However, anyone who says he is guaranteed gone doesn't know what theybare talking about.

I’d love to have him back but tbh he should go whether he’s lottery or not.

He wasn’t an elite recruit, he’s a project big, he’s fringe lottery, that’s great draft status for a project big, because if he comes back it’s just continuing the project while not getting paid, he might as well develop while getting to paid. There’s no amount of college basketball that could make him a #1 pick. His ceiling is a Bam Adebayo skill set with super athleticism and a big frame, he’s still years away though.
Yeah, but he is going to be out of basketball most of his life so why not make headway on a college degree. When you start getting old you look back at what significant things you did or accomplished in your life and a college degree is a great accomplishment because of the dedication and time it takes.

Yeah, but he is going to be out of basketball most of his life so why not make headway on a college degree. When you start getting old you look back at what significant things you did or accomplished in your life and a college degree is a great accomplishment because of the dedication and time it takes.
Pretty sure UK guarantees lifetime scholarships to players, IJ can always come back to college.

Personally I’d like a degree to fall back on right away while I could take advantage of my UK connections if the NBA didn’t workout, but I also would have left college if the NBA called.

Not sure the NBA calls a lot of 5’10” white guys that hadn’t played basketball since kindergarten, but if they called I’d answer.

Pretty sure UK guarantees lifetime scholarships to players, IJ can always come back to college.

Personally I’d like a degree to fall back on right away while I could take advantage of my UK connections if the NBA didn’t workout, but I also would have left college if the NBA called.

Not sure the NBA calls a lot of 5’10” white guys that hadn’t played basketball since kindergarten, but if they called I’d answer.
Sure it is a lot easier getting the degree, or a lot of it, out of the way at youngest age possible.

He's gone for sure.
Jackson being #11 in the nba draft does not help Kentucky in any way. The only way Jackson helps Kentucky is if he comes back to school. Bragging about Kentucky players in the NBA does not help the Cats. The only way these type players help the Cats is if they stay in school more than one year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT