ADVERTISEMENT

Ja’Kobi Albert question

satcheluk

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 4, 2009
He played in nearly every game as a freshman and showed he was ready to continue up the depth chart only to surprisingly transfer to MSU after the season. Now he is a back up there and they brought in 4 safeties from the portal to fight to snaps behind their starters. It would seem he didn't improve his station and possibly moved to a team with less stability given the new staff. ANyone have any insight as to why he left? I can't see the logic in his move.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
The grass is not always greener on the other side. I think he was from Alabama. Probably a 2-3 hour drive from Starkville. .

Where as lex is probably a 6-7 hour drive. So that probably computed in there somewhere.

Reactions: Girthang
I know Albert is the one who transferred, my point was Afari was the one playing defense and moving up the depth chart. Albert was limited to special teams.
Axari started out pretty high on the depth chart. Albert played more, as I recall, later in the season and played his biggest role against Iowa. He almost certainly would have been in the two-deep this year, instead of the freshman Ty Bryant. I absolutely agree with the OP that it seems he should have stayed, unless there were other factors at play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT