ADVERTISEMENT

J. Quaintance to Louisville...?

And, in my lifetime both parties have been in charge and both did an equally shitty job of running the state.

Not really. The GOP has had complete control of KY (Governor & both state legislatures) a grand total of…3 years since the Civil War.

Not to defend the GOP as there are only a handful of those worth anything, at least nationally. But KY has been overwhelmingly in Dem control since the 1800’s. Not fair to say the responsibility of current standards are evenly split.

I've always felt it was a part of Indiana,, trashy city for a trashy state.. Its a cess pool of sheeeeet.. When I say I hate UL fans,, I really mean it to the point that I fkn hate anything Louisville.. Including the city..
That’s really unfortunate. Kentucky has two front doors, Louisville and Lexington (Northern Kentucky is kind of a side door as a Cincy suburb). Realistically, that’s the only interaction most people will have with Kentucky.

UL is a small part of Louisville the city, and most people who live in or visit Louisville don’t care at all about UL athletics. There are big events happening in Louisville this month that have nothing to do with UL, like the Derby and the PGA championship. If Louisville could one day get an NBA team, that would push UL even farther down the pecking order.

When you hate Louisville, you, by extension, hate Kentucky. You are cutting off your nose to spite your face. It’s a common attitude but it’s unfortunate. I’m not calling you a loser, but it’s a loser’s attitude. Even if you think the city is messed up in a million and one ways, someone who truly loves Kentucky would want to fix it, not dismiss it.

Not really. The GOP has had complete control of KY (Governor & both state legislatures) a grand total of…3 years since the Civil War.

Not to defend the GOP as there are only a handful of those worth anything, at least nationally. But KY has been overwhelmingly in Dem control since the 1800’s. Not fair to say the responsibility of current standards are evenly split.

It’s completely fair to say the Dems are worse historically because of how long they were in power.

I was just going by my lifetime. (John Y. Brown was in office when I was born). Kentucky was politically blue the first half of my life and politically red for the second half (and counting). Shift seemed to occur around the turn of the century.

I am not a fan of the two party system and favor split governance to absolute rule of either side because gridlock/compromise is preferable to ram-rodding to me.

Mods, if this is too political for the basketball board, please delete.

So, if the market soars and it’s gonna take some serious change to get the top players then…what do you suggest we do. You’ve seen it all major sports (and, let’s face it…that’s we we are now dealing with) prices for players just escalates. Once a player passes a certain barrier then everyone else wants more. You’ve seen it mentioned all over this board that we have a great NIL program. Why keep that money in our pocket when we need to grab a franchise player?

You keep saying stuff about keeping money in our pocket like there’s an endless amount

Kentucky wasn't republican in 1861 through the CW either. They were conditional unionists. I.E. slavery's best chance of staying alive is in the Union. Compared to the North's unconditonal unionists who were union no matter what. Lincoln got 1000 votes in the 1861 election.

That’s really unfortunate. Kentucky has two front doors, Louisville and Lexington (Northern Kentucky is kind of a side door as a Cincy suburb). Realistically, that’s the only interaction most people will have with Kentucky.

UL is a small part of Louisville the city, and most people who live in or visit Louisville don’t care at all about UL athletics. There are big events happening in Louisville this month that have nothing to do with UL, like the Derby and the PGA championship. If Louisville could one day get an NBA team, that would push UL even farther down the pecking order.

When you hate Louisville, you, by extension, hate Kentucky. You are cutting off your nose to spite your face. It’s a common attitude but it’s unfortunate. I’m not calling you a loser, but it’s a loser’s attitude. Even if you think the city is messed up in a million and one ways, someone who truly loves Kentucky would want to fix it, not dismiss it.
I have no care for Louisville. Don't care if they get an NBA team or not either. Down here in Southern KY we are connected to Nashville and TN.

His new strength and conditioning coach sealed the deal...

OIP.yjMH1dbDNRecoz-jHXuB0AAAAA

Somewhere on Floyd St.

yhLe7w.gif

I have no care for Louisville. Don't care if they get an NBA team or not either. Down here in Southern KY we are connected to Nashville and TN.
I’m not really sure what your point is. The closest city to Nashville in Kentucky is still 50 minutes away according to Google maps. We can’t exactly claim Nashville as part of Kentucky.

I’m not really sure what your point is. The closest city to Nashville in Kentucky is still 50 minutes away according to Google maps. We can’t exactly claim Nashville as part of Kentucky.
I'm saying our economic and cultural driver here is really Nashville, not Louisville. Never said it was part of KY, lol.

I'm saying our economic and cultural driver here is really Nashville, not Louisville. Never said it was part of KY, lol.
What city do you live in if you don’t mind me asking? I would be surprised if more than 30% of ANY city in Kentucky commuted into Nashville on a daily basis, so I’d think “economic and cultural driver” of any area of Kentucky is a stretch. More likely, people like to attach themselves to Nashville because they think it’s cool, which is completely fine. But I would be surprised if any city in Kentucky had the relationship with Nashville that say Newport does with Cincinnati, which is actually functionally part of Cincinnati.

What city do you live in if you don’t mind me asking? I would be surprised if more than 30% of ANY city in Kentucky commuted into Nashville on a daily basis, so I’d think “economic and cultural driver” of any area of Kentucky is a stretch. More likely, people like to attach themselves to Nashville because they think it’s cool, which is completely fine. But I would be surprised if any city in Kentucky had the relationship with Nashville that say Newport does with Cincinnati, which is actually functionally part of Cincinnati.
I'm in Glasgow. People go to Nashville for work, to shop, some people have doctor's appointments there. I know it's hard to fathom that the whole state isn't Louisville, Northern KY, and Lexington. But some people aren't attached to that area of KY. Most everything revolves around Bowling green and Nashville down here. As far as citites and urban areas go.

I'm in Glasgow. People go to Nashville for work, to shop, some people have doctor's appointments there. I know it's hard to fathom that the whole state isn't Louisville, Northern KY, and Lexington. But some people aren't attached to that area of KY. Most everything revolves around Bowling green and Nashville down here. As far as citites and urban areas go.
Yeah I think we are talking past each other and I don’t want to hijack the thread. I will end it here. I want all of Kentucky to succeed, our bigger cities, our suburbs, our small towns, our rural and mountain areas. I think anyone who truly loves Kentucky would too. It is convenient to be an hour and a half away from an awesome city like Nashville but that’s no substitute for a thriving Kentucky.

Yeah…you’re right. We should all be glad our top recruit is heading west of here. We need to keep our larder of NIL. Who needs good players?
Our top recruit last year was Justin Edwards, would you be satisfied paying him 1.5 million last year for his efforts?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Like any city, depends on where you live. I live in the east end of Louisville and it is very nice. Little occasion to go downtown but not as bad as you say. And Lexington has traffic problems 10 times worse than Louisville. There are few alternate routes if you’re stuck.
I’m next county over from you
East end Louisville is a nice area; used to work in Springhurst. But like most cities is IS where you are..
I’d just advise avoiding I71.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Kentucky puts it Derby in a shitty city. Too funny. Kentucky should move the Derby to Nashville
Why would Kentucky ever move the Kentucky derby to Tennessee? That makes zero sense. On top of it having a name that would make it weird to host in any other state you’re also sending the Derby’s tax revenue to another state as well.

Think it through.

Yeah…you’re right. We should all be glad our top recruit is heading west of here. We need to keep our larder of NIL. Who needs good players?
Big Jayden Quaintance was a good-not-great rebounder (in HIGH SCHOOL, where Marcus Lee averaged like 20 boards a game) with zero outside shot. He was great posting up at the rim in HIGH SCHOOL, but will probably be quite susceptible to double teaming in Div 1 college because he averages over twice as many turnovers as assists. Perfectly fine guy to have had somewhere on our roster if he'd wanted to come for a reasonable price. But in Pope's system he doesn't fit anywhere near as well as any single one of the post players we actually signed. And if you think he was "our top recruit" you are both blinded by (NBA )"potential"-based star rankings AND not paying attention.

Why would Kentucky ever move the Kentucky derby to Tennessee? That makes zero sense. On top of it having a name that would make it weird to host in any other state you’re also sending the Derby’s tax revenue to another state as well.

Think it through.
I read that like seriously? Let’s just move it to New York or Florida then. At least they have big tracks. The Nashville Kentucky Derby!!

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT