ADVERTISEMENT

J. Quaintance to Louisville...?

His new strength and conditioning coach sealed the deal...

OIP.yjMH1dbDNRecoz-jHXuB0AAAAA

Nobody actually knows the numbers anybody is getting. I just think it's hilarious that people throw out these crazy numbers and people just eat it up.
Not sure how this 16 year old is worth that, he's not the 2nd coming of MJ? He's not even Cooper Flagg.

Big time get for JQ. Regardless if he is great or not it's a win for the new UL coach over the new UK coach. Lot of talk UL is going to get Johnson as well.

Big time get for JQ. Regardless if he is great or not it's a win for the new UL coach over the new UK coach. Lot of talk UL is going to get Johnson as well.
Luckily alot if not most recruiting "wins" going forward will simply be because one school was willing to pay an outrageous amount where one was not and have zero to do with the coach, so it's not near as dire as you make it seem. Then again, some posters routinely make anything that might be viewed as a negative for UK look like the end of the world..........

lol we didn't lose him to louisville. We dropped out because we didn't wanna fork over potential 2 million for a 16 year old. if he gets paid that you think the older players who come there aren't gonna want more. I'm glad Kentucky dropped out and didn't fork over that type of money...
Well good thing youre not in charge of our money because moving forward, thats what its going to take to get guys like that. I dont care if the kid is 12, you dont lose this guy to Louisville. You let Louisville know who the boss is. But we f’d it up

Well good thing youre not in charge of our money because moving forward, thats what its going to take to get guys like that. I dont care if the kid is 12, you dont lose this guy to Louisville. You let Louisville know who the boss is. But we f’d it up
with a name like that its funny. You don't fork over the biggest nil deal for an unproven 16 year old that is beyond stupid. Louisville might have money to spend but their football team don't seem to think they do a good job with it,

Hey i like it here

To each his own but I work in Louisville (live in Lexington) and Louisville is a dump. Traffic sucks, homeless problem is out of control, roads falling apart, whole town is dirty and gross looking. You go to a similar sized town like Raleigh and you can eat off the street.

We don't F it up vs. LOU much according to our 39-17 h2h advantage (13-3 since 2010). They are only good to beat us every 3-4 years.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
We don't F it up vs. LOU much according to our 39-17 h2h advantage (13-3 since 2010). They are only good to beat us every 3-4 years.
Thats history man. Nobody cares about that. Moving forward, with both of us having new coaches going after the same guys, you dont let Louisville get out of the gate fast like that. Let them sign JQ and then what if Johnson decides that must be the place to be. And then we lose him to Louisville. That living in the past mindset will have us average in no time

Thats history man. Nobody cares about that. Moving forward, with both of us having new coaches going after the same guys, you dont let Louisville get out of the gate fast like that. Let them sign JQ and then what if Johnson decides that must be the place to be. And then we lose him to Louisville. That living in the past mindset will have us average in no time
I completely agree. Less of a point about history vs. what LOU tends to end up being. I want them to be good, just for us to be better. Nothing better when the rivalry actually means something.

Losing JQ to them does not bother me as we know why we lost him. Kelsey has also had a little more time than Pope to hit the trails running. If we lose Jasper to little brother it will suck. His dad loves Kelsey's energy. Well if it's energy he loves, wait until he gets the full Pope Show!

Reactions: westerncat
I wonder how long this highest bidder, enormous amount of money will last. Are the companies/donors really getting a good ROI from it? How many will purchase a product or support a business just because a player that last a year or so at a school is sponsored by them? Also, how many will avoid supporting a business due to NIL participation?

Lots of slots to fill and good, experienced players in the portal showing up every day. Good thing we aren't blowing the budget for a one-year flyer on this 16 year old. The days of our dependence on physically and mentally weak 5-star freshman are over.

Reactions: westerncat
Trey townsand called him out for lying about why he didnt got to ohio state. But hey follow who you want.

Just like Williams agent said the commitment was a lie and jqs dad said Louisville paying up was a lie. I have zero allegiance. I just go with the info. That person is right every step of the way and is way out in front.

Some asshat on here got all pissy vagina hurt that I talked down to him over living in that shitty city.. That's all I said,, it was a shitty city,, and it 100% is a shitty city..
I think it’s a shame to let rivalry stuff hurt our well being as a state. You can believe it’s a shitty city, but even if you do, wouldn’t it help to be constructive about it? If you think it’s shitty or run down, doesn’t that just mean there is more opportunity to improve it? Othering Louisville as a city doesn’t help anyone, certainly not the state. If our state was functioning on all cylinders, everyone would be building each other up, not tearing each other down.

Reactions: Blue-ish
Vomit. Not a good look to lose early recruiting battles to UofL/Kelsey.
Seems like JQ was demanding an insane NIL deal. If others backed out because of it (despite the fact that UK could beat it or Memphis likely match it), then UofL may unwittingly set a precedent of overtaxing their NIL.

Of course, I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, so who's to say?

PK is killing it in getting a team together quickly gotta give him credit.

Whether the team will gel or if you should make a 16 year old a focal point of your team is still yet to be determined though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT