ADVERTISEMENT

J.Q ---> UK (per trilly)

He’s still very raw. Does not secure the ball well in the paint yet but has the body to be a monster. Hoping we don’t see what Nick Richards did for two years fumbling the ball down low all the time.

No way Cal is letting him launch threes with that form.

Totally right on Laettner could you imagine K’s head exploding if they did eject him. I was at the Zona game didn’t really remember them getting so many free throws. Didn’t Nas miss a bunch late.
Nasr laid a goose egg from the line that game....0-fer 6/7; somewhere in that range if memory serves

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Yep. 41 for Arizona and 17 for Kentucky. I’ll never forget it. 😑
I always said this, to put it in perspective. Arizona made DOUBLE the free throws than what Kentucky even attempted: 34-17. Just an unbelievable stat. And it still took them an OT, a crazy performance from Miles Simon and Kentucky being down their best player in DA and another important wing in Allen Edwards.

I always said this, to put it in perspective. Arizona made DOUBLE the free throws than what Kentucky even attempted: 34-17. Just an unbelievable stat. And it still took them an OT, a crazy performance from Miles Simon and Kentucky being down their best player in DA and another important wing in Allen Edwards.

I got it to a degree though. Their guards were just faster than ours and getting in the lane at will. We were visibly fatigued at the end of the minnesota game too. That minnesota game was extremely physical and we were already short handed. Our guys were getting beat and then reaching a ton. But I also think at a certain point the officials just decided we were committing ALL the fouls and arizona wasn’t.

Still, if Nazr can hit just 1 in regulation…maybe a different outcome.

I got it to a degree though. Their guards were just faster than ours and getting in the lane at will. We were visibly fatigued at the end of the minnesota game too. That minnesota game was extremely physical and we were already short handed. Our guys were getting beat and then reaching a ton. But I also think at a certain point the officials just decided we were committing ALL the fouls and arizona wasn’t.

Still, if Nazr can hit just 1 in regulation…maybe a different outcome.
Agreed. Hell, if only Edwards had been healthy, we most likely win. 🤦‍♂️

We could have/should have won that Arizona game, but Miles Simon and Mike Bibby were on another level and Kentucky simply could not stop them. In fact, Arizona murdered Kentucky for that reason in one if not the first game that year...but Kentucky improved vastly during the season and AZ didn't.

But seriously - there is absolutely a pattern in so many of Kentucky's EE and FF losses - it will drive you mad if you look too closely at it.

The concern/uncertainty I have about JQ choosing UK tomorrow is....won't we *potentially* have
Ugonna
Big Z
Somto
JQ

I understand he's a beast, but we've also seen this play out before where the recruit chooses somewhere with less competition in practice, more of a chance to "be the face" of the program, etc. AND we've also seen it play out in UK's favor, so don't get me wrong. But like I said, it does give me some uncertainty

The concern/uncertainty I have about JQ choosing UK tomorrow is....won't we *potentially* have
Ugonna
Big Z
Somto
JQ

I understand he's a beast, but we've also seen this play out before where the recruit chooses somewhere with less competition in practice, more of a chance to "be the face" of the program, etc. AND we've also seen it play out in UK's favor, so don't get me wrong. But like I said, it does give me some uncertainty

Idk why people think ugonna will be back. He already tried to leave once.

Is this video a spoof by a dukie or something?? OMG
He’s young and obviously lacks some coordination. We watched Nick Richards unable to hold on to a ball for over two years before it clicked. Big guys usually get there slower. But he has a lot of potential. Whether he’s at UK when that happens is another matter.

Imagine if we went back to back........IMAGINE. Cal getting 9 and 10? Wouldn't that be something. He'd be out of the dog house and back at the foot of the bed.
He gets 9 and 10 and he’s sleeping on the pillows. Not holding my breath

• Haha
We could have/should have won that Arizona game, but Miles Simon and Mike Bibby were on another level and Kentucky simply could not stop them. In fact, Arizona murdered Kentucky for that reason in one if not the first game that year...but Kentucky improved vastly during the season and AZ didn't.

But seriously - there is absolutely a pattern in so many of Kentucky's EE and FF losses - it will drive you mad if you look too closely at it.
You’re getting seasons mixed up. They beat the 1998 team the following season, first game, in Maui or some tournament. Wanna say Maui. Anyway, Arizona didn’t play that 1997 team but one time.

Yeah, Bobby/Simon played very well. However, the foul discrepancy was absolutely absurd: 41-17. Lmao They’re just lucky we didn’t have a healthy DA or a healthy Allen Edwards or they’d have been toast.

Last edited:
I don’t recall RP having the refs Rob him in the tourney. Without a doubt we were screwed out of 2. Some refs just have a hateful attitude toward Cal!! Maybe coach needs to dial back on some of these guys. Not sure some refs don’t like UK over the rooferee. He cost us big time!!
Absolutely got robbed in 1992 against duke. The ticky tack fouls on Mash in 1993 against Michigan come to mind as well. Let’s not forget Arizona shooting 41 FTs to our 17 in 1997 either.

However, I’m not gonna argue that Cal hasn’t been robbed, he definitely has. Years being: 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2019. Now, 2011, 2015 and 2017 were flat out blatant.

We have been getting screwed by the refs as long as I can remember.

• Sad
We have been getting screwed by the refs as long as I can remember.
Man, 1992 was absolutely incredible! Even Cawood was talking about it during his entire telecast. We were playing with one hand tied behind our backs. Not to mention, we weren’t nearly as talented as duke. However, our 1992 squad was absolutely tougher than duke’s.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Funny how some Cal lovers don’t know anything about UK history. No wonder they are ok with moral victories.

Man, 1992 was absolutely incredible! Even Cawood was talking about it during his entire telecast. We were playing with one hand tied behind our backs. Not to mention, we weren’t nearly as talented as duke. However, our 1992 squad was absolutely tougher than duke’s.
Yes we were and that’s why It hurt so bad, much like the other night we deserved to win that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT