ADVERTISEMENT

J. Burks looks pretty skilled to me

A fringe top 100 guys with a list of offers the likes Tubby beat out for recruits. Sweet. Ima guess, if he’s around in a few yrs, he’ll average 9 points and shoot about 28% from 3. Good stuff.

I think at this point Cal will take about anyone who will say yes. Maybe I am wrong and this part of his grand plan but don't think so. JMO
This was his plan all along, bringing in a bunch of players that don’t know how he coaches and now when he hopefully runs Welch’s NBA offense every one learns new and fresh.

Been watching a lot of Burks including two full games and three highlights snippets. All on YouTube. Has a game similar to toppin but appears to have a pretty good handle that is superior to toppin. Can shoot the three, can drive, and rebound. Not sure about defense. I'll be happy if he chooses the Cats
Thanks for the breakdown Dave. I have a similar assessment but I've only watched one of his games and some video clips.

Burks can obviously score and has good measurables. I honestly don't get how he wasn't rated higher.

Been watching a lot of Burks including two full games and three highlights snippets. All on YouTube. Has a game similar to toppin but appears to have a pretty good handle that is superior to toppin. Can shoot the three, can drive, and rebound. Not sure about defense. I'll be happy if he chooses the Cats
Thanks for the research Dave appreciate the insight …yeah his handles for a man that size is impressive

Reactions: drleary
He's just not very good at the moment.Might be good in a couple of seasons but for what team?

Reactions: treyforuk
Reminds me a lot of this guy in physical stature and playing style …McCarty a guy that didn’t start at UK by my memory but that played 11 full seasons in the NBA
he started

Reactions: delk4three
Reactions: mebeblue2
95-96 he started 32 out of 36 games
94-95 he started 27 out of 33 games
93-94 he started 10 out of 34
Which means he started 69 out of 104 total games for UK …which makes me feel better about my memory lol
You have a very low bar for feeling good about yourself.

The dude started over two-thirds of the total games in his his three year career here … and nearly all the games in his last two seasons (including for the 96 national title team).

But, oh yeah, you were so on point declaring that he “didn’t start” at UK. LOL

You have a very low bar for feeling good about yourself.

The dude started over two-thirds of the total games in his his three year career here … and nearly all the games in his last two seasons (including for the 96 national title team).

But, oh yeah, you were so on point declaring that he “didn’t start” at UK. LOL
Pretty sure I’m older than you sir …when I said going by memory that means I could be right could be wrong …so I was half right …and 69 starts out of 104 games is right at 66 percent which is 2/3 …but not over that .

Back on subject I still say the guys game resembles McCarty

A fringe top 100 guys with a list of offers the likes Tubby beat out for recruits. Sweet. Ima guess, if he’s around in a few yrs, he’ll average 9 points and shoot about 28% from 3. Good stuff.
Eff you!

I’m trialing my new 2 word response to trolls😎

Pretty sure I’m older than you sir …when I said going by memory that means I could be right could be wrong …so I was half right …and 69 starts out of 104 games is right at 66 percent which is 2/3 …but not over that .
Why are you bringing age into it? Age doesn't determine who's right, instead the facts do. And I just don't see how you can claim your statement was accurate (and, no, not even "half right") based on the facts.

Unless you somehow think only players that started virtually every single game their entire career should be regarded as having started here. Well, by that logic, then plenty of stars like Tony Delk, Kenny Walker, Jeff Sheppard, Ron Mercer and Goose Givens also didn't start at UK. Is that your position?

DFmAep4.jpg

That 9 point average wouldn't be a overly terrible thing. He could be an important role player doing that. The 28% would absolutely suck, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT