ADVERTISEMENT

IU lands 5* commitment

Good. This will insure the coach gets at least 2 more years after a mediocre finish next yr.

Pretty clear signal that Trayce Jackson-Davis is gone, who was pretty much their whole team.

1987 slips one more loooong year into the past. No one under 40 can remember when the Hoosiers won even a conference tournament, never mind an NCAA tourney.
Where is Trayce going to go with zero jumper and no ability to handle the ball or score with his right hand?

Europe?

TJD is getting evaluated to see how his game stacks up and I’ll be shocked if Trayce is told by NBA scouts he’s ready for the next level.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Pretty clear signal that Trayce Jackson-Davis is gone, who was pretty much their whole team.

1987 slips one more loooong year into the past. No one under 40 can remember when the Hoosiers won even a conference tournament, never mind an NCAA tourney.
Sad part is the longer we keep Cal the longer and longer 2012 will be in the rear view mirror. Then teams will be making fun of us 20 years down the road when we’re looking back on 2012!

Sad part is the longer we keep Cal the longer and longer 2012 will be in the rear view mirror. Then teams will be making fun of us 20 years down the road when we’re looking back on 2012!
Try to keep a little perspective. Indiana has been past the Sweet 16 ONCE since 1993. Kentucky has been that far 16 times, been to EIGHT Final Fours and won Three championships. Kentucky had one bad year and a bad game. Indiana has had three bad decades - and counting.

Remember who Kentucky was, is and will always be.

Try to keep a little perspective. Indiana has been past the Sweet 16 ONCE since 1993. Kentucky has been that far 16 times, been to EIGHT Final Fours and won Three championships. Kentucky had one bad year and a bad game. Indiana has had three bad decades - and counting.

One bad year and one bad game damn man what universe do you live in? We’ve also had an NIT year lost to the likes of Evansville, Robert Morris , Richmond, lost the all time wins lead, and lost all time tournament wins lead. You’re right we’re are not as bad as IU has been for a few decades but keeping Calipari is not helping our case at all. Right now we have no right to make fun of no other team.

But they still think they are a blueblood.

We eat first
krqCc8g.jpg

How many times must we say this before you comprehend? It wasn’t just one bad year and one bad game. Cal is sub .500 against top 25 teams since 2015. We have been trending down for some time. Barnes has owned him. Pearl has a winning record over him. He’s 2-4 against Self. Lost two in a row to Musselman. K has owned him on the court and in recruiting. Cal defenders said this year was a great year and even then we went 3-6 against top 25 teams and 8-8 away from Rupp. These are not Gold Standard numbers.

How many times must we say this before you comprehend? It wasn’t just one bad year and one bad game. Cal is sub .500 against top 25 teams since 2015. We have been trending down for some time. Barnes has owned him. Pearl has a winning record over him. He’s 2-4 against Self. Lost two in a row to Musselman. K has owned him on the court and in recruiting. Cal defenders said this year was a great year and even then we went 3-6 against top 25 teams and 8-8 away from Rupp. These are not Gold Standard numbers.
I tend not to listen to crybabies, perpetual pessimists and born losers. I have succeeded much more in life by ignoring them.

As for "comprehending," I find that people who think they are in possession of some Big Truth that others just can't "comprehend" no matter how often it is repeated are usually narrow-minded and limited in their thinking capacity.

Believe me, if it mattered enough to me I could string together selective "facts" to highlight Calipari's successes at Kentucky, including the years through 2020.

It doesn't. Hold onto your opinion, by all means. But don't think you are in possession of some "Truth" we all must share.

Last edited:
You do know that both of our re riots this year are 5 stars, right? And our one reason riot for next year so far is a 5 star

I tend not to listen to crybabies, perpetual pessimists and born losers. I have succeeded much more in life by ignoring them.

As for "comprehending," I find that people who think they are in possession of some Big Truth that others just can't "comprehend" no matter how often it is repeated are usually narrow-minded and limited in their thinking capacity.

Believe me, if it mattered enough to me I could string together selective "facts" to highlight Calipari's successes at Kentucky, including the years through 2020.

It doesn't. Hold onto your opinion, by all means. But don't think you are in possession of some "Truth" we all must share.
Why don't you string those facts together then, instead of a nonsensical essay defending your beloved Cal, based solely on personal opinion?

Here, I'll show you how it's done:

- Cal is responsible for the worst season in history of the program: FACT

- Cal is responsible for the worst NCAA Tournament loss in the history of the program: FACT

- Despite running a program which puts Players First and Kentucky Second (last?), Cal hasn't had a top NBA draft pick since 2015 and not a single top 5 pick since 2017: FACT

- Despite having a 18 win lead when he took this job, Cal lost the all-time win record to our hated rival Kansas: FACT

- Since 2015, Cal's success rate in direct, head-to-head recruiting battles vs Duke is below 20%: FACT

But you have The Truth? Please share. Tell me one thing I said that is non factual. I hate those facts hurt your Cal Is The Greatest Coach narrative. He was great the first several years here but has been sub-standard for a long time. I mean we have only won the SEC regular season once since 2017 (2020) and the SECT once, in 2018. We’ve won one total postseason game (this year barely against Vandy) since 2019. Facts.

With the nil nobody can remember when Kentucky was paying basketball players to actually win something. Must have to have all that talent and lose every year.

Possible.....But not a given. They(MR) can co-exist. Losing TJD would be a blow---bot not the end of the world.

Look man I agree with what you’re saying vis a vis toning out negative people, but your use of quotation marks around the word FACTS, as if to imply that it’s debatable that everything he just came with is indeed fact, is smug as hell. If you want to bring your own facts then go ahead. If you feel it isn’t worth your time, I can respect that too. But the points raised are valid ones, negative or not. IU’s fall from relevance didn’t happen overnight — it was a slow, steady decline which included many disappointing (for their fans, that is) milestones. And that’s what we’ve seen at UK for the better part of the last decade.

For the record I think you are generally a pretty level-headed poster with rational takes though, and not just some knee-jerk sunshine pumper. Board needs more rational folks for sure.

Last edited:
With the nil nobody can remember when Kentucky was paying basketball players to actually win something. Must have to have all that talent and lose every year.
We have won plenty since 1987 lmfao. In fact I won’t even make IU win a NC, just win a B1G conference tournament. I’ll wait.

Reactions: ukfan041
I know I was born in March of 87 so I am very curious to know. Lol.
I’d say it was something like Bon Jovi, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Van Halen. Someone like that. Whitney Houston had to have a number one song sometime around then as well.
Edit: after looking it up it was Huey Lewis and the News for two weeks and then Club Nuveau with “Lean on Me.” That led the chart in March of 87.

Based on your post I’m going to guess you are about 16, so were not alive 21 years ago when Indiana last made it past the Sweet 16. To remember that happening twice you’d have to be about 35. But even at your age - 16 or so - you can remember a National Championship, Four Final Fours and a total of SEVEN trips passed the Sweet 16 for Kentucky.

You see the difference now? And that’s not counting the near-Threepeat of TWO championships and a final game appearance and four total Final Fours for the Cats in the 1990s (in the years AFTER anything close to sustained relevancy for Indiana) or even two Elite Eights in the early 2000s. Kentucky is, has been and always will be in the conversation not only for greatest program of all time, but among programs relevant today, whatever occasional hiccups occur. No one who cares to think about it has put Indiana in that conversation in the lifetime of any fan much under 40.

I hope that clarifies the present, past and future comparisons between Kentucky and Indiana basketball.

I’d say it was something like Bon Jovi, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Van Halen. Someone like that. Whitney Houston had to have a number one song sometime around then as well.
Edit: after looking it up it was Huey Lewis and the News for two weeks and then Club Nuveau with “Lean on Me.” That led the chart in March of 87.
Yuck. Lol.

Md55 is a good poster , but he's going to ride his facts to the death . Sounds like a democrat politician trying to tell me how great the economy is doing on a current Sunday am talk show . Thats about a good a analogy as it gets . " We gained 400K workers last quarter " . SMH.

I noticed you didn't rebut his numbers with any facts, just a bunch of insults.

Interesting stuff for all the onlookers here.

Reactions: kybloo92
Md55 is a good poster , but he's going to ride his facts to the death . Sounds like a democrat politician trying to tell me how great the economy is doing on a current Sunday am talk show . Thats about a good a analogy as it gets . " We gained 400K workers last quarter " . SMH.
Thanks for the compliment, I suppose. Here's how i see it:

* When Indiana fans come here disrespecting Kentucky I'm going to point out the obvious, as often as it takes -- their program died 30 years ago and isn't coming back to an elite level.

* When UNC-CHeat fans come here disrespecting Kentucky, I'm going to point out the obvious as often as it takes -- their program is the least ethical, most corrupt in modern college basketball history.

* When Kansas fans come here disrespecting Kentucky I'm going to point out the obvious as often as it takes - they are a historicially underachieving program with a massive inferiority complex shown by hanging Helms Banners who have been cheating consistently throughout history (banned from post-season the year after the 1988 championship for one example) and have been aggressively cheating recently, as evidenced by the FIVE major NCAA violations still pending punishment.

I'd think Kentucky fans would be on board with that, but I guess the fan base doesn't agree on anything these days. That's fine. Everyone is welcome to an opinion, and I mean that sincerely.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT