ADVERTISEMENT

IU are still massive dorks

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

When you’ve been past the Sweet 16 once since 1993 and haven’t won a title since Reagan was telling Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall, you become some sad sack parody of a has been.

Just to pick one Wildcat, Aaron Harrison hit three shots each more meaningful than Watford’s. Kentucky isn’t holding mid-summer celebrations recreating those.

Things like this are why they will stay stuck in the past forever.

It's actually pretty remarkable that they've been so deficient since the early 90s. It was like one day they were one of the most feared, respected programs in the nation, and then the next they were obsolete.

I'd compare them to the cassette player. There was a time we all used it, but now when we see one we say something to the effect of "Hey, look! It's a cassette player! I haven't seen one of those in years!"

Dear Lord, I can't believe they're still celebrating that. I mean, it was a regular season home game where they HAD to hit that shot.

The funny thing is, they are paying UK the ultinate compliment by continuing to celebrate that shot. You wouldn't do this, even a week later, if the opponent was an average team, by continuing to celebrate it 12 years later, screams 'pathetic loser' and say what you want about IU, they're better than this, or they're supposed to be.

I'm not surprised by this at all. That was their best team in 2 decades and in the decade since. It was just good enough to get whipped by UK in its road to #8. It was also their last chance to ever play UK at Ass. Hall. We should not resume that series to give them any relevance.

When you’ve been past the Sweet 16 once since 1993 and haven’t won a title since Reagan was telling Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall, you become some sad sack parody of a has been.

Just to pick one Wildcat, Aaron Harrison hit three shots each more meaningful than Watford’s. Kentucky isn’t holding mid-summer celebrations recreating those.

Things like this are why they will stay stuck in the past forever.

Yep

YCzlcHl.jpg

Indiana just needs to remember this for any relevancy….
4ae0ae602b92f3ddf1407f636bd49047.jpg

Castlevania, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, Kid Icarus, Maniac Mansion, Phantasy Star, and Mega Man were all released in North America in '87. So was West End's Star Wars RPG. Gammarauders, and Warhammer 40K. And Marc Silvestri started his long run on X-Men during '87's March Madness (218's June cover date indicates that the book was published in March). XD

a16116430b6f27b35a50ff8959712468.jpg

I know this is all in good fun... but I personally miss the rivalry.

Think sometimes us UK fans forget what makes the sport special and it's that deep hated rivalry that keeps the sport afloat.

I'm not having nearly as fun bashing on UofL the last few years... it's like taking candy from a baby where is the challenge

They still celebrating and reliving the Watford shot. It’s like they forget what happened later that year in the tourney
Wow. That was over 10 years ago, a meaningless regular season game, we beat them in the tournament that year to win our 8th championship. That’s some sad, sad stuff.
What else does that pathetic has been excuse of a basketball program got to celebrate. When a regular season win 12 years ago is your best win over the last 20 years, I mean how embarrassing can it get.

What would the kentucky equivalent of what IU is doing be?
It’s like if we brought Anthony Davis back to recreate the “iconic” shot block to ensure the win against UNC from the same year.

Sure it was a great win, but it certainly wasn’t the most important moment for the team in 3 decades. We’re much more excited about the title and 3 Final Fours surrounding it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT