ADVERTISEMENT

It's over boys

Oct 29, 2014
The party is over for now. Probably has been for a while, seems like a few of us couldn't help but linger.

What's so hard about this is watching how quickly the game is leaving us behind. An off year turns into 5, then you're starting over and suddenly its a lost decade.

I'll butcher the quote, but someone said about living through world war 1 "It was like you woke one morning and all the buoys which had marked the channels of our lives were suddenly washed away." That's the current state of college athletics for those of us who were raised on it. From gambling and NIL to the fact that this has transformed from a regional thing with JP Sports presented by golden flake and al purnell into a global enterprise, it's just something entirely different than it was and our program seems determined to pretend that this isn't the case.

Worst of all, I have no faith in Mitch so I'd rather have cal just run out the clock and let someone else make the hire. Very discouraging day.

Are the good times really over for good?

It turns out that I really didn't save 15% on my car insurance either.

This is total bullsh*t.

200w.gif

The party is over for now. Probably has been for a while, seems like a few of us couldn't help but linger.

What's so hard about this is watching how quickly the game is leaving us behind. An off year turns into 5, then you're starting over and suddenly its a lost decade.

I'll butcher the quote, but someone said about living through world war 1 "It was like you woke one morning and all the buoys which had marked the channels of our lives were suddenly washed away." That's the current state of college athletics for those of us who were raised on it. From gambling and NIL to the fact that this has transformed from a regional thing with JP Sports presented by golden flake and al purnell into a global enterprise, it's just something entirely different than it was and our program seems determined to pretend that this isn't the case.

Worst of all, I have no faith in Mitch so I'd rather have cal just run out the clock and let someone else make the hire. Very discouraging day.

Merle was a prophet. "Like a snowball headed for hell."

The only constant is change.

There was a time when UK football was bad for decades. Then the Governors cup with U6 was mandated and we were getting our noses rubbed in it. People were running around talking about how we would never be any good. But while I was sorely aggravated with the coaches we had I knew that the fans would get the change they wanted, and we did. Joker out, Stoops in, and we have been trending upwards ever since.

We'll get a new coach, EVENTUALLY, and start winning again. It's too important for the fans. This is why I have no faith in Cal anymore. Just rip the bandaid off. Get it over with. Then we can start the long climb back to prominence. The longer we wait, the longer the rebuild.

And no, Barney does not inspire confidence. He's strictly a bean counter, not a leader.

The only constant is change.

There was a time when UK football was bad for decades. Then the Governors cup with U6 was mandated and we were getting our noses rubbed in it. People were running around talking about how we would never be any good. But while I was sorely aggravated with the coaches we had I knew that the fans would get the change they wanted, and we did. Joker out, Stoops in, and we have been trending upwards ever since.

We'll get a new coach, EVENTUALLY, and start winning again. It's too important for the fans. This is why I have no faith in Cal anymore. Just rip the bandaid off. Get it over with. Then we can start the long climb back to prominence. The longer we wait, the longer the rebuild.

And no, Barney does not inspire confidence. He's strictly a bean counter, not a leader.
I think Nebraska football fans feel the same way, but it isn't changing things.

“There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat;
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures.”​

Nebraska missed the boat at the turn of the century and they never got caught up. College basketball has become something different. Most other blue bloods seems to have caught up with the current, taking it where it serves, while we are bound in shallows and miseries. If we stay that way for long, it's entirely possible the brand never gets caught up. This isn't about Kentucky's history with college basketball- that sport doesn't exist anymore so we can't reclaim our spot anywhere. This is something new and we have to use the advantage of our history to stake that new claim, and we just seem to be shitting the bed instead.

I love that song.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
We have the Fab Five coming and Ugonna and Thiero.
Id run with those 7 anyday but of course Cal will add a few more studs so some of you wont jump into Cumberland Lake with concrete shoes on!
40-0
Bro, you need to get a life. No offense but your intensity for this is misplaced energy and it is not a good look. Sorry to bear the bad news but someone close to you already should have. Your whole vibe is just weird and seems to make people uncomfortable.

Bro, you need to get a life. No offense but your intensity for this is misplaced energy and it is not a good look. Sorry to bear the bad news but someone close to you already should have. Your whole vibe is just weird and seems to make people uncomfortable.

Like standing in line in front of a gay pygmy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Reactions: BigPeb

E8 in '19. Great team in '20. Wond the SEC by 3 games. Didn't get to play. '21 was just awful. Bounced back from as 2 seed. The sky didn't really fall after '21/ It was just the super minority of RR crocodile tears that you thought was sky.

Over achieved in '23. Number 1 class with a bullet coming in. Get to showcase for the world in Canada in just one month.

The party is just getting started. But it does look like it's over for you since you have given up. Sad state of affairs for you. But you made your choice.

Reactions: thedahc
So sorry to read the OP and hear of all this suffering. I enjoyed the tournament this year up until the end and wish more UK fans could have enjoyed it also.

• Haha
Reactions: UK till Death
So a poster that is about to cliff jump without a parachute is telling a guy that tries to have a upbeat attitude and you tell him he needs a life..............most of you haven't even lived a life yet..........but of course you are all legends................in your own mind's.....

Reactions: MdWIldcat55

I agree with some of what you say. It is very hard for us fans over 45 and beyond to grasp this new players first thought process, and college kids becoming millionaires prior to become a "pro". ive also struggled with this continual free agency with no locked in contracts. Even the pros have contracts (listen to the late Mike Leach (RIP) speak about the perils of this right prior to his passing) You can have your opinion of Cal good or bad, but you couldnt say that in alot of areas he was ahead of the curve in the future of basketball. I think this has thrown him for a loop and he is struggling with the players dictating most things. I actually think that Cal is a complete control freak, listen to him on any interview he dominates the conversation and allows few words to be said by the interviewer. So having players tell him what they are going to do instead of coming to him for advise he is not handling well. In some ways I am glad to see some change. Remember the days when we were busted when Eddie Sutton was the coach? Eddie went on with a wrist slap and coached at Oklahoma state and then entered the college hall of fame. Eric Manual ended up at Hiawasi (*sp?) College and career was basically ruined. That wasnt right either, but typical American style we cant find a happy medium we have to swing the pendulum to the extreme. Hopefully some sort of rules structure will at least curb a little of this and manage it abit.. but regardless it is the new now. Get used to it.

Reactions: BigPeb

Silver wings
Shining in the sunlight
Roaring engines
Headed somewhere in flight
They're taking you away
And leaving me lonely
Silver wings
Slowly fading out of sight

So a poster that is about to cliff jump without a parachute is telling a guy that tries to have a upbeat attitude and you tell him he needs a life..............most of you haven't even lived a life yet..........but of course you are all legends................in your own mind's.....
He doesn't have an 'upbeat attitude.' He's a troll and he's not a UK fan. He said so himself.

Reactions: awf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT