ADVERTISEMENT

Its not just talent

billoliver40

Senior
Dec 16, 2015
Trenton ky
Missouri and UK are relatively equal in recruiting, with Kentucky likely having an edge if we consider transfers. Last I read UK actually has higher of the dreaded NIL.

Missouri gave Georgia a game. Kentucky not so much.
Missouri shellacked Tennessee
Missouri has 8 wins. Now.

Kentucky coaching, whether it's player development, game planning, that dreaded discipline word....I dunno. Maybe a bit of all.
This staff seems either overwhelmed or mired down.
The Cats should not be getting beaten like a MAC program.
This has turned into a disappointing year, not necessarily by the wins and losses, but the way those losses happened.

If you don’t have the Jim’s and Joe’s. Then you have to have better Xs and Os. You have to out scheme and out execute.

According to some on this board UK is destined to suck because we’ve always sucked. It’s not fair to ask us to compete with the tradition rich juggernauts like Missouri.

You are correct it’s not unfair to expect Kentucky to compete with Missouri. Aren’t we like 7-2 against them lately?

Reactions: BeardedKatFan
100%

But according to many on here, Oxford and Columbia have resources that can’t be found in Lexington!

Stoops’ teams will always have the same nagging problems like clock management, overall discipline, inability to put together all three facets (O, D, ST), etc.

I think he’s a good base-builder for a program. He’s not the guy to transcend to a new level. His ceilings are made of concrete instead of glass.

Last edited:
Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
After this season, I am losing faith in Stoops and his staff . The lack of discipline and knowing where to be on defense has never been more evident . Football more than any other sport is about coaching and it seems that upstart schools like Mizzou and Ole Miss are great examples of this.

More than talent, we have to have the most boring brand of football in the country. We play ultra conservative on both sides of the ball. Bend, but don’t break defense and a grind it out stall ball offense is boring to watch.

Ultimately, it’s about results, but I’d have more patience if we played an entertaining style of football at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT