ADVERTISEMENT

It Will Be Like This the Rest of the Year

Answer me this, if we break even on the boards, do we win? They had 22 second chance points while the "T" accounted for 2. Simple math tells me that the rebounding was the bigger culprit. Was the call BS? Absolutely! Did it come it come at a most inopportune time? Again, it most certainly did. But take away 10 points for breaking even on the boards and it is a moot point.

Was rebounding (lack of it) the main reason we lost? Of course it was, everyone knows that. But it wasn't the ONLY factor. In any game, there is always at least one aspect your team could have done better. That doesn't mean you never have reason to be upset with a bad call. Sometimes, in a close game, it just takes one really bad call to change the outcome. That is what happened Saturday. It's best to play well enough to not be in close games, so one bad call can't impact the outcome, but that isn't always possible.

Reactions: SmyrnaCatFan
Was rebounding (lack of it) the main reason we lost? Of course it was, everyone knows that. But it wasn't the ONLY factor. In any game, there is always at least one aspect your team could have done better. That doesn't mean you never have reason to be upset with a bad call. Sometimes, in a close game, it just takes one really bad call to change the outcome. That is what happened Saturday. It's best to play well enough to not be in close games, so one bad call can't impact the outcome, but that isn't always possible.
You bet I'm upset. I've said it was a bad, no a terrible call, all along, but refereeing is not something you have any control over whereas playing fundamental basketball, rebounding, is. We proved that by doing so in the 2nd half and if we had done that in the 1st this conversation isn't happening because I don't think we're talking a close game. And yes, there are many things you can point to in any game but 22 second chance points is a glaring statistic that could've been prevented and in doing so you mitigate the impact of outside factors such as bad calls, which, no doubt, that was.

I am not so sure about that. I think that since a lot of the big time media has been talking about the injustice of Cal's ejection, and now the technical on Humphries, if this continues, these guys are going to connect the dots, and start calling out the officials, and the SEC.

Would be great but honestly do not think that the SEC cares. There is never any accountability within the SEC and nothing ever happens to officials for their poor performance or conduct. Best you could hope for from the SEC on a bad call like Adams is the equivalent of a half hearted apology and will do our best to not let it happen again. Let the zebras screw bama over in Football however and the whole entire staff would be suspended.

You bet I'm upset. I've said it was a bad, no a terrible call, all along, but refereeing is not something you have any control over whereas playing fundamental basketball, rebounding, is. We proved that by doing so in the 2nd half and if we had done that in the 1st this conversation isn't happening because I don't think we're talking a close game. And yes, there are many things you can point to in any game but 22 second chance points is a glaring statistic that could've been prevented and in doing so you mitigate the impact of outside factors such as bad calls, which, no doubt, that was.

I get where you are coming from however despite the horrible rebounding performance in the first half we actually won the half by a single point. Even though we rebounded better and gave up fewer second chance points we lost the 2nd half by three points. Not sure if no T wins us the game or not but certainly would have made the last possession by TAM play out differently. Have to figure Hump at 70% minimally goes 1-2 and if he hits both they have to hit a three to force a 2nd OT.

Horrible call by Adams and he should be suspended by the SEC.

I get where you are coming from however despite the horrible rebounding performance in the first half we actually won the half by a single point. Even though we rebounded better and gave up fewer second chance points we lost the 2nd half by three points. Not sure if no T wins us the game or not but certainly would have made the last possession by TAM play out differently. Have to figure Hump at 70% minimally goes 1-2 and if he hits both they have to hit a three to force a 2nd OT.

Horrible call by Adams and he should be suspended by the SEC.
I guess we can all "what if" this to death but in the end we can all also agree it was a terrible call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT