ADVERTISEMENT

It all makes sense

Mar 16, 2018
By nature, I’m a over-thinker. It’s a blessing and a curse. So I have been thinking about the decline of UK and trying to look at it from all angles. I think 25% of it lies in the generation we are in now. We are right in the middle of the trophy generation. Along with players being told they are the best and having everyone kids there butt from the time they where 15.
Then you have the NIL. No more wanting to prove your worth. By nature they think they are better then they are, plus now they all of a sudden come into more money then they ever had. They a recipe for disaster.
The other 75% falls on the coaching philosophy. For me the biggest sign of this is. We have player that we watch all year. Shoe glimpses of greatness. A little here, A little there. We are all on edge waiting for them to break out and it become the standard of there game. It never happens. If anything it regresses.
Then less then a year later, there on a NBA roaster. They start balling, stroking the 3 with a high percentage. Leading there team in scoring. We see that, we know that what we seen glimpses of but it never came to be.
To me, that the tell, tell sign of the coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT