ADVERTISEMENT

It’s not time to panic

I have never in my life looked back on a situation and wished I had panicked and I have never panicked and been glad I had.

There is about never a time where panicking helped more than harmed.

Aware? Absolutely.

Concerned? Sure.

Alert? Certainly.

Panic? Never been a good time for that I can think of.

Panic leads to poor focus and errors.

Pope claimed his phone was being hit up like crazy with guys wanting to come here. Who were these guys? I think he could have sifted through and taken a couple of those guys pretty quickly to give the fan base some comfort that players really want to be here. They don’t have to be your 1-8 guys. But you need 9-13 on the roster too!

However, I think it’s pretty fair to be getting antsy at this point. With the news Johnell Davis will likely not be coming here (due to Arkansas bidding war), Jaxson Robinson going pro, and Osobor visiting 4 schools, it’s not a great picture right now. And I know there’s a lot of guys in the portal and more guys to come, however, there’s not a lot of guys on this level. Pope has his work cut out for him, let’s hope we close on Osobor and find some other high level guys. Spin it anyway you want, this was a bad day.
Jaxson will be at UK

Some of y'all need to calm down.

For some perspective, Tre Mitchell committed to UK on June 26, 2023. The roster won't be done in a week or likely even a month. There's 1,000 guys in the portal and there's still one more week before the deadline to enter the portal. And, grad transfers can enter the portal at any time. The portal closing date doesn't affect when a player can officially transfer.

My goodness. It will be OK.

I know there's still time, but when its all said and done, i'm betting on the roster being mostly doody.

• Wow
Reactions: catben

For some perspective, Tre Mitchell committed to UK on June 26, 2023. The roster won't be done in a week or likely even a month. There's 1,000 guys in the portal and there's still one more week before the deadline to enter the portal. And, grad transfers can enter the portal at any time. The portal closing date doesn't affect when a player can officially transfer.

I think once a for sure starter comes or somebody we know is really solid we will all feel better

I’m hoping that along with Williams, Osobor and Carr will be cats. Having said that though I feel like we really need to snag a go to guy or two for the backcourt. It’s always nice to have a guy you feel comfortable with in a clutch situation. If the front court fills out like I think it will then I think that is what we are still lacking. I love everyone we have gotten so far and the whole direction with the staff but I really want a couple of big splash guys and we have the NIL money to do it. I agree it’s not time to panic yet with the portal not even closed.

Friends Tv GIF by Nick At Nite

Let’s say you’ve decided to panic.
What do you do? What do you say?
Do you grind your teeth and wring your hands?
Do you get down on the floor and run around in a circle like Curly?
Do you break out in tears or throw up?
Do you start speaking in tongues?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you sure need to get some help.

Your time and anxiety would be better suited to just wait to see the final roster instead of focusing on the daily recruiting takes of "What will this teenager decide today? What does their social media look like?"

We have no control over anything and this will take time. I'm not concerned about next year as expectations should be very limited. This isn't going to be an overnight project anyway.

Your time and anxiety would be better suited to just wait to see the final roster instead of focusing on the daily recruiting takes of "What will this teenager decide today? What does their social media look like?"

We have no control over anything and this will take time. I'm not concerned about next year as expectations should be very limited. This isn't going to be an overnight project anyway.
I think the ass kissing required dealing with 18 y/o prima donnas is what pushes coaches such as Coen and Donovan into pro sports. Time required soothing the egos of these wannabe superstars just isn't worth it.

Reactions: HeismaNole
I think the ass kissing required dealing with 18 y/o prima donnas is what pushes coaches such as Coen and Donovan into pro sports. Time required soothing the egos of these wannabe superstars just isn't worth it.
That's one of the main reasons I don't follow it. I can't stand the performances and ESPN televizing that crap. The whole hat show, video productions. I wouldn't want to coach in college because it's recruiting the same kids every single year. It never stops.

Nothing against Tre, but he wasn’t the caliber of player that could elevate the team last year to a 1st round win!

If that’s what we get in June to be starters….

Nothing against Tre, but he wasn’t the caliber of player that could elevate the team last year to a 1st round win!

If that’s what we get in June to be starters….
Tre and Antonio were the least of our problems.

The talent all puckered up.

However, I think it’s pretty fair to be getting antsy at this point. With the news Johnell Davis will likely not be coming here (due to Arkansas bidding war), Jaxson Robinson going pro, and Osobor visiting 4 schools, it’s not a great picture right now. And I know there’s a lot of guys in the portal and more guys to come, however, there’s not a lot of guys on this level. Pope has his work cut out for him, let’s hope we close on Osobor and find some other high level guys. Spin it anyway you want, this was a bad day.
Then I guess the Hogs are panicking as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT