ADVERTISEMENT

It’s not time to panic

People are freaking out over Robinson declaring. He said a week ago he was gonna see what happens in the NBA and keep options open. He didn’t hire an agent from my understanding. There’s a lot of guys that still haven’t entered the portal with high rankings. Pope has an extremely good recruiting staff now. Not sure why suddenly a portion of the fan base needs medication.
Robison didn’t even start for BYU. He’s a very good player, and I’d love to have him, but it’s not like there aren’t a ton of good guards available

Reactions: JASUN74
That's right. You are about 30 days early to start getting antsy. 3 of the players he feels good about isn't even in the portal yet.
This.. there are so many tentacles to this that you’ll drive yourself nuts trying to keep up with it. Recruiting in itself is a game, let the experts do their job and construct a team that fits what they want to do. This isn’t Cal.. he isn’t going to go down the top 10 recruit list, throw money and promises at them, and then figure out how to use them later.

It's not just about that.It's sounding like Brea and Davis,liam are going elsewhere.Great taking several visits after once seeming like a lock.
Brea I still have a little hope for, Davis I have no clue the info changes every 5 mins, mckneely is UConn bound

Why would anyone panic in April about the season that starts in November??? Does our fans have dementia?? Did they forget, we haven’t had a finalized roster in April in a couple decades…

Matt Jones who said the boosters weren’t happy with the hire, then reported the boosters were give more now than ever before says we’re flush with NIL money. If it’s a bidding war we have nothing to worry about.

Chill out folks. I spoke with CMP earlier today and told him I've still got 4 years eligibility left and if he needs me, I'm in. He said...and I'm quoting this..."CatinIl, I've got this...we'll be fine". So there you go folks, just relax.

There is no need to panic, get antsy, worry or any other state . Pope is in on multiple dudes and it progressing nicely. People may also have to come to grips with the fact that next year may very well be a down year seeing as Pope literally started with zero players. I for one don’t expect much until year two

I'm just not sweating it. Let the chips fall where they may. How many guys do Louisville or Duke have right now? We're not alone. I was officially done with Cal in 2019, so you'll understand if I'm willing to be patient with the new staff.
Duke - 10
Louisville - 6 I think?

Reactions: CB3UK
Matt Jones who said the boosters weren’t happy with the hire, then reported the boosters were give more now than ever before says we’re flush with NIL money. If it’s a bidding war we have nothing to worry about....

... except we won't know much until after it's done.

People are freaking out over Robinson declaring. He said a week ago he was gonna see what happens in the NBA and keep options open. He didn’t hire an agent from my understanding. There’s a lot of guys that still haven’t entered the portal with high rankings. Pope has an extremely good recruiting staff now. Not sure why suddenly a portion of the fan base needs medication.

Get used to it. Hasn't changed much in the 20+ years I've been on message boards

Panicked? I’m chilling. Pope is working overtime and being selective with the process. We still have another week for players to enter the portal and are in position with several already in it.

I’m feeling good.

Reactions: NavyCat88
Zero patience, a reactionary bent, a desperate need to extrapolate from limited or even no data and present it as fact, and general but pronounced saltiness is a bad mix to track recruiting.

Some folks would be better served and would better serve the community and our ability to land prospects by checking out a couple weeks.

There are a few that seem destined to stroke out and/or to take a steaming dump on any possible players apparently to chase anyone that can dribble or especially dunk away the best they can so they can whine and feign outrage some more.

There are 10+ rosters worth of dudes that will likely still enter the portal. We (and every other team) will still be taking guys into June. Some of yall are acting like it’s this week or bust

Zero patience, a reactionary bent, a desperate need to extrapolate from limited or even no data and present it as fact, and general but pronounced saltiness is a bad mix to track recruiting.

Some folks would be better served and would better serve the community and our ability to land prospects by checking out a couple weeks.

There are a few that seem destined to stroke out and/or to take a steaming dump on any possible players apparently to chase anyone that can dribble or especially dunk away the best they can so they can whine and feign outrage some more.
The biggest problem, by far, are the few that want so badly to be the 1st to post something that they don't even see if it's valid before they rush to slap it up.

Reactions: Bluegrassking
However, I think it’s pretty fair to be getting antsy at this point. With the news Johnell Davis will likely not be coming here (due to Arkansas bidding war), Jaxson Robinson going pro, and Osobor visiting 4 schools, it’s not a great picture right now. And I know there’s a lot of guys in the portal and more guys to come, however, there’s not a lot of guys on this level. Pope has his work cut out for him, let’s hope we close on Osobor and find some other high level guys. Spin it anyway you want, this was a bad day.
Well let's see how many players does the great and powerful Cal have right now. Hell look at last year, when did we get Mitchell, when did our other senior guard commit to coming back, I believe it was June.

There is no need to panic, get antsy, worry or any other state . Pope is in on multiple dudes and it progressing nicely. People may also have to come to grips with the fact that next year may very well be a down year seeing as Pope literally started with zero players. I for one don’t expect much until year two
Says Kenny Payne

Who is worried? I'm not, because I can state this with absolute conviction and certainty:

We will match, and perhaps EXCEED our NCAA tournament results from last year.

The Clown stands by that. 100 percent.

Who is worried? I'm not, because I can state this with absolute conviction and certainty:

We will match, and perhaps EXCEED our NCAA tournament results from last year.

The Clown stands by that. 100 percent.
I'm not so sure about that unless Pope pulls a huge surpise out of the portal.

Reactions: Rockfly78
However, I think it’s pretty fair to be getting antsy at this point. With the news Johnell Davis will likely not be coming here (due to Arkansas bidding war), Jaxson Robinson going pro, and Osobor visiting 4 schools, it’s not a great picture right now. And I know there’s a lot of guys in the portal and more guys to come, however, there’s not a lot of guys on this level. Pope has his work cut out for him, let’s hope we close on Osobor and find some other high level guys. Spin it anyway you want, this was a bad day.
Are you high? Who do you think those players are that you just mentioned? There’s a whole bunch of high level players in the portal. And lots that haven’t even hit the portal. You had to have been joking

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT