ADVERTISEMENT

It’s not time to panic

Tubbyfan78

Junior
Feb 9, 2021
However, I think it’s pretty fair to be getting antsy at this point. With the news Johnell Davis will likely not be coming here (due to Arkansas bidding war), Jaxson Robinson going pro, and Osobor visiting 4 schools, it’s not a great picture right now. And I know there’s a lot of guys in the portal and more guys to come, however, there’s not a lot of guys on this level. Pope has his work cut out for him, let’s hope we close on Osobor and find some other high level guys. Spin it anyway you want, this was a bad day.

It’s like you all didn’t even read the post and just decided what you wanted me to have said and reacted to it.

However, I think it’s pretty fair to be getting antsy at this point. With the news Johnell Davis will likely not be coming here (due to Arkansas bidding war), Jaxson Robinson going pro, and Osobor visiting 4 schools, it’s not a great picture right now. And I know there’s a lot of guys in the portal and more guys to come, however, there’s not a lot of guys on this level. Pope has his work cut out for him, let’s hope we close on Osobor and find some other high level guys. Spin it anyway you want, this was a bad day.
Only one guy said he was an Arkansas lock lol 😂 and that person has been wrong a lot. Calm down

In todays game with how more spread out the talent will be, its even more important to have a coach who can actually "coach" Pope will get it done.
I hope and believe you are right. We have to get players though. There’s no one on the roster at this point good enough to be a DUDE on a final four team.

Matt Jones said it today. You know the guy who’s info you keep running over here and posting. lol
Jeezus Christ, I wish I hadn’t seen this. I was feeling great about Davis up til now. Has that guy been right about anything in the last month? No offense to him…

Get a grip.

Saunders will make it official tonight and change the mood
Been looking for news on this and don't see it anywhere. Was hoping for Watterman as well, but he seems entrenched at the Y. Young man has come a long way and has much to be proud of.

Not even close. For a fanbase that is supposed to know all things basketball we prove over and over that we don’t know $hit about recruiting. Stop embarrassing yourselves and sit back and watch.
That's right. You are about 30 days early to start getting antsy. 3 of the players he feels good about isn't even in the portal yet.

Yep! Let’s cancel 2024-25’s season, sell the b-ball goals and turn Rupp in to an AirBnB. Good grief. Pope needs a season to showcase his offense and ability to coach (at a nationally televised level) even if we dont nail down the “elite” portal players (or the ones we want that are left); if Coach shows he can develop players, put together a fun offense and brutal defense the rest will fall in to place.

I'll be honest, I'm starting to get a little concerned too.

Text Street GIF

Jaxon Robinson is not getting drafted, and if he does it'll be near the bottom of the 2nd round with zero guaranteed money. He will return to college for NIL.

As for Davis, I've only seen 1 person predict that he was going to Arkansas.

Again, get a grip.
Robinson is starting to get steam for getting drafted late second round

People are freaking out over Robinson declaring. He said a week ago he was gonna see what happens in the NBA and keep options open. He didn’t hire an agent from my understanding. There’s a lot of guys that still haven’t entered the portal with high rankings. Pope has an extremely good recruiting staff now. Not sure why suddenly a portion of the fan base needs medication.

Reactions: Girthang
People are freaking out over Robinson declaring. He said a week ago he was gonna see what happens in the NBA and keep options open. He didn’t hire an agent from my understanding. There’s a lot of guys that still haven’t entered the portal with high rankings. Pope has an extremely good recruiting staff now. Not sure why suddenly a portion of the fan base needs medication.
It was me who started the thread and I put the title originally because I saw a BYU guy say he was staying in the draft and not keeping his college options open, but he deleted it

Reactions: Skyguyb27
It's not just about that.It's sounding like Brea and Davis,liam are going elsewhere.Great taking several visits after once seeming like a lock.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT