ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Miranda commits to Oklahoma State

Meanwhile Cal rehearsing his swag dance for when he's able to sign 4 juco's.

Krispy Kreme People GIF

This whole time, it sounded to me like this kid WANTED to come to Kentucky, but we never really got involved (kicked the tires maybe, but no further).

Which I like.

I didn't think Miranda was that good, and I am hoping (praying) that this means Cal has a better option in mind that he thinks he can get (Cyril?)

Has Somto even expressed an interest in a reclass?Last I saw he said he was staying in the next class.
Well he went public earlier in year with the fact he was graduating in May and already took OV's to Indiana and Providence. Everyone thought he was heading to Providence and something held off with that.

Miranda was never pegged as coming to Kentucky. He was linked with them because his camp would love to have him go to Kentucky. He started out playing for a former Calipari player when he coached at Memphis (Antonio Anderson) and then left to go to SoCal Academy before reclassifying to NC State. There were issues that always prevented Kentucky from taking him. Stayed consistent in that manner. Very talented but a lot of red flags that prevented what has always been deemed as a "lock" if Kentucky pushed from pushing.

He also was working out with Onyenso when they worked out with Mike Miller together. And was in Portal while also being in the Draft. So naturally people seeing the roster figured he'd be in play which makes sense but obviously wasn't true.

Well he went public earlier in year with the fact he was graduating in May and already took OV's to Indiana and Providence. Everyone thought he was heading to Providence and something held off with that.

Miranda was never pegged as coming to Kentucky. He was linked with them because his camp would love to have him go to Kentucky. He started out playing for a former Calipari player when he coached at Memphis (Antonio Anderson) and then left to go to SoCal Academy before reclassifying to NC State. There were issues that always prevented Kentucky from taking him. Stayed consistent in that manner. Very talented but a lot of red flags that prevented what has always been deemed as a "lock" if Kentucky pushed from pushing.

He also was working out with Onyenso when they worked out with Mike Miller together. And was in Portal while also being in the Draft. So naturally people seeing the roster figured he'd be in play which makes sense but obviously wasn't true.
Do you think we have much of a shot with Somto?Doesn't sound like UK was ever that involved with him.

Do you think we have much of a shot with Somto?Doesn't sound like UK was ever that involved with him.
If Kentucky pushed for Somto Cyril, I think they'd have a strong chance to land him. There's a reason he's held off on what was being discussed as a done deal for him to Providence (Kim English) after his OV a few weeks ago. Everything went quiet and talk in the recruiting guru industry was "Friar fans-great news coming....." for days....then a week after...and now it's radio silence.

Cyril first attended Hamilton Heights which is the same HS program that Shai Gilgeous Alexander attended. Then UK tracked him hard in AAU, and he ended up in OTE playing with Robert Dillingham. There's a lot of ties there and if they push for him, think they'd have a very good chance of landing him. I also think there could be some Grad Transfer Bigs who would be willing to fill a void-but it's a matter of what they deem more suitable for that spot and do you make mistake of waiting for someone who may/may not come or take one who will? You've got to take who will IMO

Last edited:
If Kentucky pushed for Somto Cyril, I think they'd have a strong change to land him. There's a reason he's held off on what was being discussed as a done deal for him to Providence (Kim English) after his OV a few weeks ago. Everything went quiet and talk in the recruiting guru industry was "Friar fans-great news coming....." for days....then a week after...and now it's radio silence.

Cyril first attended Hamilton Heights which is the same HS program that Shai Gilgeous Alexander attended. Then UK tracked him hard in AAU, and he ended up in OTE playing with Robert Dillingham. There's a lot of ties there and if they push for him, think they'd have a very good chance of landing him. I also think there could be some Grad Transfer Bigs who would be willing to fill a void-but it's a matter of what they deem more suitable for that spot and do you make mistake of waiting for someone who may/may not come or take one who will? You've got to take who will IMO

Apparently Dillingham and Cyril were on an Instagram Live and Dilly made a comment about Cyril coming to play for UK this year and Cyril made some comment about how that would be awesome.

We get Dilly and Burks, those are 2 guys with connections to Cyril from OTE who would make it more appealing also.

Cyril always seems like he loves Kentucky when he talks about us- trying not to get my hopes up but it'd be awesome.

Apparently Dillingham and Cyril were on an Instagram Live and Dilly made a comment about Cyril coming to play for UK this year and Cyril made some comment about how that would be awesome.

We get Dilly and Burks, those are 2 guys with connections to Cyril from OTE who would make it more appealing also.

Cyril always seems like he loves Kentucky when he talks about us- trying not to get my hopes up but it'd be awesome.
Dillingham and Cyril were teammates too.

Burks is a lot better than his ranking. Know that sounds "give ourselves a hug" but I'm saying that not knowing if they bring him in or not. I think they will but I'd like him if he stayed signed with Ole Miss. Doesn't make me correct but as a coach I love guys who posses skill of a perimeter player/guard but are 6'9+. They have potential. Now add that he led OTE in scoring and while OTE is not something many fans follow--the board would be rightfully going nuts if Thompson Twins committed to UK but they are preparing to be Top 10 Lottery Picks. Just as Taylor Hendricks the 6'9 UCF signee who about this time last year starting blowing up in the rankings and was still underrated being put as a late 4 star and in the 60-80 range by most recruiting outlets simply because he signed with UCF and not a bigger program. Burks skill set/talent are there. Now it's a matter of will it happen? That is up to him/Kentucky but if they land him, like the upside/potential and the positive take is he could exceed expectations and has high ceiling and we know the negative-he doesn't do much, leaves an onto the next guy.

Hell I'm liking Joey Hart more I read about him. Lead UAA circuit in 3pt shooting, shot 41% from 3pt line and is more athletic than expected too. Is this Malik Monk? Of course not. But he has a skill set that plays (shooting ability) and is worth bringing in.

Get Reeves back and get another vet (I'm hoping Kaluma) and a big--you go to 12 roster players, add shooting/defense/leadership with Reeves/Kaluma and a big (whomever be it Transfer or a physically ready for some minutes Cyril) and 2 projectable guys--that's a lot better than where they were this time last week.

Burks is a lot better than his ranking. Know that sounds "give ourselves a hug" but I'm saying that not knowing if they bring him in or not. I think they will but I'd like him if he stayed signed with Ole Miss. Doesn't make me correct but as a coach I love guys who posses skill of a perimeter player/guard but are 6'9+. They have potential. Now add that he led OTE in scoring and while OTE is not something many fans follow--the board would be rightfully going nuts if Thompson Twins committed to UK but they are preparing to be Top 10 Lottery Picks. Just as Taylor Hendricks the 6'9 UCF signee who about this time last year starting blowing up in the rankings and was still underrated being put as a late 4 star and in the 60-80 range by most recruiting outlets simply because he signed with UCF and not a bigger program. Burks skill set/talent are there. Now it's a matter of will it happen? That is up to him/Kentucky but if they land him, like the upside/potential and the positive take is he could exceed expectations and has high ceiling and we know the negative-he doesn't do much, leaves an onto the next guy.

Hell I'm liking Joey Hart more I read about him. Lead UAA circuit in 3pt shooting, shot 41% from 3pt line and is more athletic than expected too. Is this Malik Monk? Of course not. But he has a skill set that plays (shooting ability) and is worth bringing in.

Get Reeves back and get another vet (I'm hoping Kaluma) and a big--you go to 12 roster players, add shooting/defense/leadership with Reeves/Kaluma and a big (whomever be it Transfer or a physically ready for some minutes Cyril) and 2 projectable guys--that's a lot better than where they were this time last week.
I wish that I still had the faith in Cal that he could get all those things done but just don't see it.

I wish that I still had the faith in Cal that he could get all those things done but just don't see it.
I'm not trying to convince you of that and I'm not saying you don't have any reason to have doubts. I get that 100%.

Thing I'm just saying is it's okay to look at the possible players in a fair way too. I'm not dejected that Jordan Burks and Joey Hart could be Cats. There's more work that obviously needs to be done than just adding them but they are part of the puzzle to get a roster filled out an possess some talent/potential that are worth investing in. Saw that Joey Hart is being recruited by Indiana and Rutgers--who honestly I'd love to see Kentucky look at Brandin Knight for the KT Turner spot. He'd get you involved with Ace Bailey/Dylan Harper quickly but that's for another topic. LOL

Burks is someone that people who have seen like a lot--I've only seen clips so can't comment on that at all but saw someone well respected in the recruiting industry just mention that he liked Burks a lot and he's vastly underrated and this guy has been critical of a lot of that Kentucky has/hasn't done this offseason. So that was encouraging.

Love reading this!

Positive outlook - very honest and refreshing on this board of doom and gloom from an actual informed source.

Like blending in some talented developmental multi year guys as a core!

This whole time, it sounded to me like this kid WANTED to come to Kentucky, but we never really got involved (kicked the tires maybe, but no further).

Which I like.

I didn't think Miranda was that good, and I am hoping (praying) that this means Cal has a better option in mind that he thinks he can get (Cyril?)

So zero depth at the 5 spot?

That's insane.

That's insane.

Haven't I been reading on here for months that Bradshaw is actually a 5 man and it's insane that Cal promised him the 4 and yada yada yada?

We can't have it both ways, guys. Pick an argument and stick to it.

If Bradshaw is a 5, then he and Ugo can hold it down just fine.

If he's actually a true 4 man, then why is everyone feeling such a need to clamor for all these PF transfers or roasting Cal for not going after Mgbako/Holland? Wouldn't that mean we just need a depth piece willing to play maybe 10 MPG?

Let's pick a side and stick to it.

I would personally rather see Bradshaw and Ugo hold down the 5 spot (unless Cyril wants to reclass), and let Bradshaw only have 10-15 MPG at the 4 and the rest held down by a Kaluma or Jones type.

If Kentucky pushed for Somto Cyril, I think they'd have a strong change to land him. There's a reason he's held off on what was being discussed as a done deal for him to Providence (Kim English) after his OV a few weeks ago. Everything went quiet and talk in the recruiting guru industry was "Friar fans-great news coming....." for days....then a week after...and now it's radio silence.

Appreciate your insights, Ralph.

Haven't I been reading on here for months that Bradshaw is actually a 5 man and it's insane that Cal promised him the 4 and yada yada yada?

If he's actually a true 4 man, then why is everyone feeling such a need to clamor for all these PF transfers or roasting Cal for not going after Mgbako/Holland? Wouldn't that mean we just need a depth piece willing to play maybe 10 MPG?

I would personally rather see Bradshaw and Ugo hold down the 5 spot (unless Cyril wants to reclass), and let Bradshaw only have 10-15 MPG at the 4 and the rest held down by a Kaluma or Jones type.
I don't need to have it both ways because I haven't made the case that Bradshaw will play the 5. Your post is illogical anyway. Even if people say Bradshaw should play the 5, what does it matter if Cal isn't going to play him there anyway?

So my point stands. We have zero depth at the 5.

Reactions: bookerfan66

You actually think Bradshaw will agree to play the 5?LOL good luck with that.

We were also told that we need our 3rd string PG to not miss a single beat if the two guys ahead of him get injured.

As it turns out, you can't have 3 of every true position, and if there's one spot I'd be OK being light on, it's the 5. I'd rather we have guard depth than center depth.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
Another swing and miss. I’m sure Cal knew they weren’t going after him, another false rumor and moved on early.

Last edited:
Reactions: NociHTTP
We were also told that we need our 3rd string PG to not miss a single beat if the two guys ahead of him get injured.

As it turns out, you can't have 3 of every true position, and if there's one spot I'd be OK being light on, it's the 5. I'd rather we have guard depth than center depth.
I think having one center on the roster is brilliant.All hail Cal.

That's insane.
It's clear as a bell to me that Cal is far more concerned with building a team of draft picks than a team that can actually win anything. The guy is obsessed with the idea of it, was the moment he knew had a chance to become UK's coach. He does not have an interest in a situation where he might have to juggle playing time at every position.

Good I didn’t want that kid for real. Yeah we need bodies but I just don’t think that dude will pan out.

Sounds like his biggest issue is between the ears. We definitely wouldn't have wanted that here. Scouts do think he has a world of potential though.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT