ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Jackson

Because Tucker has to try and generate hits to his Twitter so he can tell everyone who doesn’t see things his way they are horrible people.
Tucker works for a paywall website. I don’t think he’s trying to generate hits. I think the staff fed it to him to pacify a ticked off fan base. “See Cal does encourage his guys to stay.” Second story this off-season about the revolving door not necessarily being Cal’s fault. He brought up that Cal practically begged Juzang to stay

Why should bother talking about it. First it’s no business of any fan in the first place. Second the quitters would just make up lies to spin what he says. Looks to me that is best he just do his job and laugh at the quitters as they fester.

Tucker works for a paywall website. I don’t think he’s trying to generate hits. I think the staff fed it to him to pacify a ticked off fan base. “See Cal does encourage his guys to stay.” Second story this off-season about the revolving door not necessarily being Cal’s fault. He brought up that Cal practically begged Juzang to stay
Tucker is an elitist arrogant snob. I wouldn't pay a penny to anything he works for. Not happening.

You know, maybe I am a complete idiot, but I think there's a really good chance that Jackson returns. I don't get that vibe with many of these kids, but with Jackson I do. He doesn't seem to be in any rush, nor are his folks. If he isn't a lottery pick, I really believe he'll come back.

I hope so. I think if he’s got any doubt about going lotto he may consider it. Otherwise no. But idk. We are due to get lucky lol. I think IJ is going to be insane in like 5 years. Maybe sooner. But I think he’s going to be a all star

Reactions: catburglar
I get what you’re saying. That quote I think was from MKG. He was NOT going to raise his draft stock (from the #3 pick) by returning, not possible to raise it much, in fact another year would have just shown a lack of ability to learn how to shoot so I think his stock would’ve dropped.
But IJ, if because of his foul prone and limited offense is projected out of the lottery, he really could be a top 5 pick next year. That would be a big jump in guaranteed money.
I agree that if he came back to school, got stronger (which was a big driver to foul trouble), continued to work on the face up jumper / handle, feet work, and is ready to kill it, he could be a top five pick. He's got world-class athleticism, unreal length, impeccable timing on shot blocking, and would fit the model of today's NBA center if he could handle the ball a bit.

My struggle is with Calipari and his foot out of the door approach re: the NBA. I do think he's trying to dial it back but he's created such a monster that he's going to have to go in the opposite direction to stem the tide.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
With comments like "he wanted to come back but I wouldn't let him" - what are people to think? Every chance Cal gets he preaches about NBA and getting people out of here as fast as possible. So excuse us if we're conditioned to believe what he's saying.

It's going to take Calipari publicly talking about how specific kids should come back, stopping the pushing guys out the door rhetoric, and having a few guys who really need to come back actually stay for a second or third year before people are going to believe it.
You're supposed to not have your head under a rock and understand what he really means. He looks out for his players only. If they are in position to make gaurenteed millions, he won't let them make an emotional decision that benefits everyone except them. That's happened about 2/3 times in 12 years. The kids want to leave that come here

You know, maybe I am a complete idiot, but I think there's a really good chance that Jackson returns. I don't get that vibe with many of these kids, but with Jackson I do. He doesn't seem to be in any rush, nor are his folks. If he isn't a lottery pick, I really believe he'll come back.
Not meaning you personally, but we go thru this every year. I don't even consider that he's returning or that he will be on the team next year. I just don't believe it.

But, but, but, Cal always forces kids out the door and into draft night glory.

This is such a ridiculous gaslighting position. You try to delegitimize the obvious broken model by exaggerating and acting as if everyone critical of Calipari these days says he “forces every kid out for draft night glory”

Makes you sound (not that you are) imbecilic.

But you’re totally without your rights to try and clown those who are critical. I mean yeah we lose majority of our scoring every single season, have to wait anxiously for an “announcement” from literally every player sans walk ons and are coming off the worst season in the history of Kentucky basketball but yeah... those pesky fans who say what you’re attempting to allude to.

Terrance Jones and PJ Washington were the only 2 players I can remember coming back when there was even a question about it and both of them were predicted 2nd round at best. There is 0% chance that he is coming back.
terrance jones was predicted 2nd round? He was what, top 3 in POY voting in 2011?

This is such a ridiculous gaslighting position. You try to delegitimize the obvious broken model by exaggerating and acting as if everyone critical of Calipari these days says he “forces every kid out for draft night glory”

Makes you sound (not that you are) imbecilic.

But you’re totally without your rights to try and clown those who are critical. I mean yeah we lose majority of our scoring every single season, have to wait anxiously for an “announcement” from literally every player sans walk ons and are coming off the worst season in the history of Kentucky basketball but yeah... those pesky fans who say what you’re attempting to allude to.
I’m not sure why you’re so up in arms. There is a large contingent on this board who have claimed, as evidenced in plain writing, that Calipari cares more about getting players to the NBA than winning. This directly contradicts that narrative. It’s good to be critical, I am too. We have a clear retention problem at UK. But to claim that Cal doesn’t want to do whatever he can to win (sans negatively impacting his players futures) is ridiculous.

Reactions: University-6
terrance jones was predicted 2nd round? He was what, top 3 in POY voting in 2011?
I know all mock drafts aren't equal but this is the first one I found and he isn't even mentioned in the first 2 rounds.
Edit: I realized the one I posted was after he had pulled out of the draft. I did find an earlier one where he was at 10.

Last edited:
You are an idiot if you think Jackson’s coming back. It’s not happening.

I agree that if he came back to school, got stronger (which was a big driver to foul trouble), continued to work on the face up jumper / handle, feet work, and is ready to kill it, he could be a top five pick. He's got world-class athleticism, unreal length, impeccable timing on shot blocking, and would fit the model of today's NBA center if he could handle the ball a bit.

My struggle is with Calipari and his foot out of the door approach re: the NBA. I do think he's trying to dial it back but he's created such a monster that he's going to have to go in the opposite direction to stem the tide.
It’s not working since we haven’t snagged the absolute best players recently, now he seems to be adjusting. I’d rather have solid guys who have played 2-4 years. We will be better early and give time to the freshman we do snag to get better.

I ran the numbers on this a few weeks back. Cal loses 58% of all incoming scholarship freshman after 1 year by either going pro or transferring.

Yeah. But everything is changing. Hopefully Cal sees that. Between the G league now an option for kids out of HS; and the new transfer rule.

I don't think this is correct. I don't think Terrence Jones was even an All-American much less top 3 in POY voting.

It’s not working since we haven’t snagged the absolute best players recently, now he seems to be adjusting. I’d rather have solid guys who have played 2-4 years. We will be better early and give time to the freshman we do snag to get better.
Is he though? We're losing 5 freshmen off a 9-16 team

I don't think this is correct. I don't think Terrence Jones was even an All-American much less top 3 in POY voting.
He wasn’t 1st or 2nd team; he was on the mid season wooden watch list though. But I think he was one of the most bad ass players in college basketball both seasons he was here. One of my favorites.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He wasn’t 1st or 2nd team; he was on the mid season wooden watch list though. But I think he was one of the most bad ass players in college basketball both seasons he was here. One of my favorites.
I'm not shitting on TJones, I loved the dude. I just was pretty sure he was never top 3 in POY voting.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT