ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Jackson

But, but, but, Cal always forces kids out the door and into draft night glory.
With comments like "he wanted to come back but I wouldn't let him" - what are people to think? Every chance Cal gets he preaches about NBA and getting people out of here as fast as possible. So excuse us if we're conditioned to believe what he's saying.

It's going to take Calipari publicly talking about how specific kids should come back, stopping the pushing guys out the door rhetoric, and having a few guys who really need to come back actually stay for a second or third year before people are going to believe it.

With comments like "he wanted to come back but I wouldn't let him" - what are people to think? Every chance Cal gets he preaches about NBA and getting people out of here as fast as possible. So excuse us if we're conditioned to believe what he's saying.

It's going to take Calipari publicly talking about how specific kids should come back, stopping the pushing guys out the door rhetoric, and having a few guys who really need to come back actually stay for a second or third year before people are going to believe it.

That quote is from Demarcus Cousins’ situation. Calipari was right to tell him no. There have been a couple others too.

Jackson is a great example of a player who would likely go top 10, possibly top 5 with another year of experience.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I’m not getting my hopes up and if he gets drafted where he’s projected, he really shouldn’t come back.

That being said, the Boston and Clarke types could learn a lot from Isaiah Jackson.

This would be great, and it would be Cal changing a tad.

Still can’t get over the fact that he told Fox and Monk they are never playing in college again, right after they lost a heartbreaker to UNC.
Yeah, that one didn't go over well with me. That felt like a group that might have gotten together after feeling cheated out of a title to say "we're running it back one more time" I could have seen it being those guys. Probably wouldn't have happened, but still ... the coach shouldn't be saying things like that.

I really don't see Jackson coming back. He's at least lower first round in most mock drafts now and I think he will go as long as he's first round, not even just lottery. He would still make good money and be going to a better team where he could develop more behind other players without any pressure. Win win for Jackson. If he comes back I will be gloriously happy and surprised and will gladly eat my words but I'm regarding him as gone until we hear something directly from him.

IJ isn’t coming back IMO. But if he did, I think he has a chance to be a top 5 pick and possibly top 3 depending on how he progresses this summer.

tenor.gif

It likely won’t happen and if he’s a guaranteed first rounder, it probably shouldn’t happen for the kid’s sake. That’s why Cal has always pushed a bit when it comes to the guaranteed first rounders like Cousins, MKG. Even in his Memphis days he pushed Milt Wagner Jr out the door.
So I take these comments a little bit at face and the cynical side of me says this is more of a thing to pacify the fan base more than it’s a plea to get Jackson back. It’s not Cal’s M.O.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Almost everything about the Cal recruiting era has shown us that we should not believe IJ is coming back. With that being said why is Kyle Tucker tweeting things that make it seem like he could come back? Just drumming up attention and chatter for no legitimate reason

Terrance Jones and PJ Washington were the only 2 players I can remember coming back when there was even a question about it and both of them were predicted 2nd round at best. There is 0% chance that he is coming back.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Almost everything about the Cal recruiting era has shown us that we should not believe IJ is coming back. With that being said why is Kyle Tucker tweeting things that make it seem like he could come back? Just drumming up attention and chatter for no legitimate reason
Because Tucker has to try and generate hits to his Twitter so he can tell everyone who doesn’t see things his way they are horrible people.

Reactions: Jeff12wb
It likely won’t happen and if he’s a guaranteed first rounder, it probably shouldn’t happen for the kid’s sake. That’s why Cal has always pushed a bit when it comes to the guaranteed first rounders like Cousins, MKG. Even in his Memphis days he pushed Milt Wagner Jr out the door.
So I take these comments a little bit at face and the cynical side of me says this is more of a thing to pacify the fan base more than it’s a plea to get Jackson back. It’s not Cal’s M.O.
Good thing Cal did with Wagner bc he was diagnosed with a medical aliment which forced an end to his career. Had Wagner stayed he may never have cashed in.

Good thing Cal did with Wagner bc he was diagnosed with a medical aliment which forced an end to his career. Had Wagner stayed he may never have cashed in.
Which is why Cal has been so persistent to push guys out I think. I heard him bring up the Wagner situation in an interview once.

I get what you’re saying. That quote I think was from MKG. He was NOT going to raise his draft stock (from the #3 pick) by returning, not possible to raise it much, in fact another year would have just shown a lack of ability to learn how to shoot so I think his stock would’ve dropped.
But IJ, if because of his foul prone and limited offense is projected out of the lottery, he really could be a top 5 pick next year. That would be a big jump in guaranteed money.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT