ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any truth to this story ?

Trubluepopeye

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2010
I recently lost an Aunt who was 86 yrs old. I wasn’t really close to her because she moved to Cal. When I was really young. She moved back about 20 years ago and has been renting a house from me. Anyway she retired from UCLA , where she worked as a secretary in their legal dept. Now let me tell you she didn’t give a hoot for any sports. Didn’t know what a field goal was. However she told me more than once that the great John Wooden got caught along with a Dr. there in Los Angeles for paying players. It as she described it was going to be a major embarrassment for the NCAA because of all the championship he had won ! She said Wooden agreed to retire and never coach again anywhere if they would allow that to happen. The NCAA agreed and Wooden announced his retirement just before playing us in the 75 title game. She always claimed that the players all drove cars from the dealership that the good Dr owned and a lot of other stuff. I’ve often wondered if there is any truth in this story and how has it remained so quiet ? Your thoughts please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News