ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a coach..

Chicago Bulls Sport GIF by NBA

Why are we limiting ourselves to only men head coaches? Why aren't we considering some of the top women head coaches? You think Staley or Mulkey wouldn't be successful head coaches of a men's team?
If there was a women who had success as HC at a smaller men’s program, sure. If I were the AD at a small school, and wanted to make a splash hire for the men’s program, sure, consider Dawn Staley.

Jay Wright, Brad Stevens (for some reason), people are pushing back on Donovan because of his time out of college-let’s ignore the caliber of players he coaching against each night. And Hurley is the last.
I agree. Talk to those to make them say no. One might say yrs, if not, I think Drew is at the top of the next tier. We would have taken him in a heartbeat 2 years ago.

I will support whomever is hired.

I won’t judge them until I see how they perform here. This is a different animal. Eddie Sutton was a pretty good coach at most of his stops. This place killed him. Others thrive here. Let’s see.

I agree. Talk to those to make them say no. One might say yrs, if not, I think Drew is at the top of the next tier. We would have taken him in a heartbeat 2 years ago.
I agree. Anyone that says that would rather have Oates or Pearl over Drew don’t care about coaching. They just want a big personality

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
Yeah, Hurley would make just about everybody happy. Salma Hayak could make me happy but I'm afraid that's not going to happen either.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Too much pressure to be the coach at Kentucky and neither one of them could handle it.
I think both could handle the pressure. Not sure we want to be the first to hire a woman coach. Guess I'm old school with that thinking, I didn't think women could make good fighter pilots, I was wrong.

Why are we limiting ourselves to only men head coaches? Why aren't we considering some of the top women head coaches? You think Staley or Mulkey wouldn't be successful head coaches of a men's team?
I’ll bite.

Women’s and men’s basketball is night and day. Not just in the obvious sense or even discussing how guys wouldn’t enjoy that- but the fact that the women’s game has no parity. There’s a major gap in talent in these recruiting classes. It’s why the same teams win it over and over again. South Carolina can get 8 five stars and no one is going to touch them. UConn did it before then too.

It’s a lot easier to look like a brilliant coach when you’re simply getting the majority of the good players. Men’s basketball has a lot more parity. It’s why upsets are extremely common and in women’s basketball, they’re rare.

I’ll bite.

Women’s and men’s basketball is night and day. Not just in the obvious sense or even discussing how guys wouldn’t enjoy that- but the fact that the women’s game has no parity. There’s a major gap in talent in these recruiting classes. It’s why the same teams win it over and over again. South Carolina can get 8 five stars and no one is going to touch them. UConn did it before then too.

It’s a lot easier to look like a brilliant coach when you’re simply getting the majority of the good players. Men’s basketball has a lot more parity. It’s why upsets are extremely common and in women’s basketball, they’re rare.
I see your logic, if we were pitting a women's team against a men's team. But, coaching is coaching. Aren't most of us armchair coaches anyway?

And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced him enough.

that BBN would all agree on? I don't think he exists? Some just look to hate regardless who it is.
Agree on now? No. But I was here for Gillespie. This board was all in the first day. After that initial press conference , everybody will get on board.

Reactions: anonymous_2011
You're never going to please everyone. But if we are living in fantasy land, then I'd say Hurley would get the most agreement, followed by a tossup between Oats and Donovan. I'm ok with Drew, my biggest concern with him is our own fan base, not him as a coach.

Come on now does BBN ever agree on anything haha.
At least in my opinion tho, while I have my preferences and who I'd rather stay away from, once they become coach, I'll support them whoever it is.

If there was a women who had success as HC at a smaller men’s program, sure. If I were the AD at a small school, and wanted to make a splash hire for the men’s program, sure, consider Dawn Staley.
I agree with what you said, except for Dawn Staley. I would be afraid that she would push her "woke" agenda on players and fans. She has a couple of controversial stances that, while I don't agree or disagree, they could be issues that Kentucky doesn't need to deal with. That is not a reflection on all women coaches. For example, Pat Summit (Tennessee) in her prime, would have been great.

Young men from 18-24 aren’t going to listen to a woman coach. At least I don’t think they would. If you want to prove the world wrong do it at another school first and not UK.

I’m really not trying to sound insensitive either. That’s just the reality of the situation.

I agree. Anyone that says that would rather have Oates or Pearl over Drew don’t care about coaching. They just want a big personality
Pearl .712 winning% 17 NCAA tournament wins
Drew .642 win percentage 17 NCAA tournament wins

So wth are you talking about?? Bruce can flat out coach and yeah he has a big personality with an ego to match. He desperately wants a title. Drew is in cal mentality territory nothing to prove.

Reactions: dl51344
that BBN would all agree on? I don't think he exists? Some just look to hate regardless who it is.
Yes
Kelvin Samson
Bruce pearl
Nate oats
Hurley

That’s probably it that’s the list. Any of these guys win a title at uk

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT