ADVERTISEMENT

Is Matt Jones going to apologize for digging up months old critiques this past week?

CatsnRoses

Senior
May 13, 2007
Guy was acting as though we had just won the national title with how he was shaming people who criticized the team throughout the season. Turned out a lot of those criticisms had merit. I'm sure he'll apologize in short order for beating his chest prematurely and trying to sic his following on people who turned out to be right in many cases.

Guy was acting as though we had just won the national title with how he was shaming people who criticized the team throughout the season. Turned out a lot of those criticisms had merit. I'm sure he'll apologize in short order for beating his chest prematurely and trying to sic his following on people who turned out to be right in many cases.

As I said in the other thread, if people believe they had valid criticisms two months ago, they should have had no issue with defending what they wrote over this past week. They might have been proven right, or not.

But don't shoot the messenger. If someone wants to dredge up something someone wrote on a public forum, that's fair game as far as I can tell. People can choose to either stand behind what they've written in the past or not, but crying over the fact that it's being discussed doesn't help your cause.

Really didn’t understand digging up the critical takes myself. The team for a stretch played better but they had stretches in the season too where they played ok at times before reverting backwards. All this hoopla of trying to show people they were idiots for being critical were the result of beating a 12 seeded Davidson and a 13 seeded Buffalo, then Poof, the bed is crapped against a 9 seeded KState team.

Pretty much the least fun season I’ve had in some time and had a final four gifted to us we couldn’t even take advantage of. Really don’t want to hear about Dukes cakewalks anymore, at least they seize their opportunities when given.

The thing that frustrated me was how KSR and some people here were acting like we were world beaters all of the sudden because we beat a 12 & 13 seed. And imo didn't beat them very handily. Both games were still in question deep in the game. People acted like we blew buffalo out because we won be 20 but that was a six or seven point game until the very end. I could see the writing on the wall the whole time.

Wish KSR would get cancelled. Hate the “this is the way it is because we said so” attitude and they try way too hard to be funny as evident by Ryan Lemond’s pregame speech.

Reactions: Stoneule
As I said in the other thread, if people believe they had valid criticisms two months ago, they should have had no issue with defending what they wrote over this past week. They might have been proven right, or not.

But don't shoot the messenger. If someone wants to dredge up something someone wrote on a public forum, that's fair game as far as I can tell. People can choose to either stand behind what they've written in the past or not, but crying over the fact that it's being discussed doesn't help your cause.

The issue was being arrogant and insulting fans who were critical of a team that lost four straight and six of nine and then acting like those fans were somehow "ignorant" and "wrong" before we had done anything.

Every single one of those fans who tried to be snarky and acting like the Final Four was a foregone conclusion should have to come take their medicine. Nothing was from our own doing. We beat Davidson and Buffalo. We didn't knock Arizona or Virginia or Cincinnati out. We lost to a bad K-State team. But before that, we had fans coming on here saying, "Don't you feel stupid now?" as if we had already got to the Final Four.

That's the issue.

MJ and the word 'apologize' do not go together....his ego won't allow for it...he's always the smartest guy in the room

Having said that, he's done a great job capitalizing on the fervency that is the UK fan-base....and as long as he despises UofL as much as I do, I'll still listen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Really didn’t understand digging up the critical takes myself. The team for a stretch played better but they had stretches in the season too where they played ok at times before reverting backwards. All this hoopla of trying to show people they were idiots for being critical were the result of beating a 12 seeded Davidson and a 13 seeded Buffalo, then Poof, the bed is crapped against a 9 seeded KState team.

Pretty much the least fun season I’ve had in some time and had a final four gifted to us we couldn’t even take advantage of. Really don’t want to hear about Dukes cakewalks anymore, at least they seize their opportunities when given.

That Duke team has been handed way more open roads to the Final 4 than Cal’s teams. Check the years they lost to Lehigh and Mercer.

I hope not. Win or lose last night our fanbase deserves to be bashed! Bunch of low life's whose entire happines in life is whether UK is winning or not. Sad! More to life than UK basketball.

Reactions: JC CATS
That Duke team has been handed way more open roads to the Final 4 than Cal’s teams. Check the years they lost to Lehigh and Mercer.

They were in our region when they lost to Lehigh, I believe.

Last night’s game looked pretty much exactly like what everyone thought would happen when this team ultimately got eliminated.

The thing that frustrated me was how KSR and some people here were acting like we were world beaters all of the sudden because we beat a 12 & 13 seed. And imo didn't beat them very handily. Both games were still in question deep in the game. People acted like we blew buffalo out because we won be 20 but that was a six or seven point game until the very end. I could see the writing on the wall the whole time.

This! We beat two sub-par teams and all of a sudden people here are saying that we're rolling. They will be the same ones pumping up next year's freshmen because of watching their mix-tapes. Let's face it, this year's team was a fringe top-25 team all year long.

I hope he keeps digging them up and puts the embarrassments on blast.

I've seen grown men attack 19-20 year old kids who are playing basketball on twitter. Those kids had a rough stretch and were facing criticism that none of you could handle at age 30-40. Maybe the top recruits don't come because of the idiots who want our coached fired and wants players kicked off scholarship.

Tubby Smith is available as a coach. That's what you all deserve.

Why shouldn’t he? We had a group of Whitney fans trashing kids. They were clearly embarrassed and ashamed. He rubbed their nose in it. Bravo!!

Would it make one iota of a difference if he did? You're still going to hate him and find reasons to not like him. People that enjoy listening to him are still going to listen to him. Why are you so obsessed with him to make threads on a forum?

This must be a safe space for Matt Jones!
Would it make one iota of a difference if he did? You're still going to hate him and find reasons to not like him. People that enjoy listening to him are still going to listen to him. Why are you so obsessed with him to make threads on a forum?

lol

Are the posters that pulled all the old posts on here going to apologize?

Why the hell would we apologize? Last night doesn't change the fact that those takes were horrible. And it's not like they got destroyed, the kids had a terrible shooting night and got bounced. It happens.

The doomsday posts from mid season are still terrible.

Reactions: WalterTheHippo
I don't listen to every minute of his show, but what I heard him say was that the people shouldn't have give up on the Cats so early. He never said there wasn't just criticism! What I wish he wouldn't do is talk so negatively about our opponents before we play them. He did the same thing with the IU game a few years ago. Those quotes can be used to fire up the opponent too!

MJ and the word 'apologize' do not go together....his ego won't allow for it...he's always the smartest guy in the room

Having said that, he's done a great job capitalizing on the fervency that is the UK fan-base....and as long as he despises UofL as much as I do, I'll still listen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I listen to snippets. I turn it off @ times very often. MJ claims to be a great debater. Unfortunately I guess that means he’s just never wrong. He’s a right fighter. I have a hard time with people that never accept blame or say I’m sorry but...

I don't listen to every minute of his show, but what I heard him say was that the people shouldn't have give up on the Cats so early. He never said there wasn't just criticism! What I wish he wouldn't do is talk so negatively about our opponents before we play them. He did the same thing with the IU game a few years ago. Those quotes can be used to fire up the opponent too!

Don't you realize people here aren't actually interested in what Matt has to say? They want to put words in his mouth to make it seem like he said things he didn't so they can attack him on that.

There are plenty of reasons not to listen to Matt. You don't need to make stuff up in order to not like him.

Losing last night didn’t vindicate people who made stupid and ignorant comments two months ago. People saying “we suck” “we’re an NIT team” and “Cal sucks” were wrong then and they’re wrong now. This team turned out to be pretty good. Period. One kid going 8 for 20 doesn’t validate stupid comments.

Why the hell would we apologize? Last night doesn't change the fact that those takes were horrible. And it's not like they got destroyed, the kids had a terrible shooting night and got bounced. It happens.

You might want to invest in a sarcasm detector. Clearly Matt Jones is not going to apologize. I thought it was a funny joke. You, on the other hand, did not.

I listen to snippets. I turn it off @ times very often. MJ claims to be a great debater. Unfortunately I guess that means he’s just never wrong. He’s a right fighter. I have a hard time with people that never accept blame or say I’m sorry but...

Another prime example of my previous post. Matt definitely admits he was wrong on many topics. He's talked about being wrong about Trumps chance of winning, etc. etc. etc. He's arrogant, sure. But to say he never admits he was wrong is completely false and shows you either don't listen to the show or are being dishonest.

own that shit! If you're gonna post it, own it!

yea I said, I'll say it again too - that should be the Kentucky message board mantra

Unless your criticism was of PJ Washington missing a historic amount of free throws in the ugliest game ever played, it was still stupid.

When your take is "our system is broken and this team is going to the NIT and blah blah blah," and then the team wins the SECT and goes to the Sweet 16 in a chaotic and crazy year, you're wrong.

It isn't either title or every irrational and baseless thing I ranted about online was right all along. But congratulations on the loss. I'm very happy for you guys. Big night for you.

No

What does last night change anything? :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Did last night send us back to NIT or not get out of first weekend?

What does he look like? Lol
iain-armitage-young-sheldon-620x360.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT