ADVERTISEMENT

Is Lynn Bowden on a roster?

Last team his page shows him signing with was the saints Sept. 23. He isn't listed on their current roster. So unless he has signed with a new team it looks like he isn't. His wikki page listed him as having played with the raiders, dolphins, patriots and saints.

You know with what Lynn did here I thought he would easily carve out a legit staying spot as a gadget, KR/WR at the very least.
Seems you can't always predict those things.
I mean he's been around the league for a few years so he's doing something right but I figured he'd be one of those for sure kinda players.

I know he did what was best for the team, but he never really got the reps to learn how to play WR. I think that may have hurt him some in the league. I no one picks him up in the NFL his skill set might do pretty well in Canada.

He was non-tendered by the Saints back in March and has yet to sign with anyone, much like Juju Smith-Schuster, he's bounced around a few teams, and no one seems to be buying, as they are signing new incoming rookies and not taking chances on these guys. I'm afraid Lynn's run may have come to an end, just when he seemed to be starting to get it.

You know with what Lynn did here I thought he would easily carve out a legit staying spot as a gadget, KR/WR at the very least.
Seems you can't always predict those things.
I mean he's been around the league for a few years so he's doing something right but I figured he'd be one of those for sure kinda players.

Hopefully he gets one more shot with the new kickoff rules. Now it might make special teams returns relevant again and create opportunities for guys like him.

Hopefully he gets one more shot with the new kickoff rules. Now it might make special teams returns relevant again and create opportunities for guys like him.
Not that I've watched closely, but are the new KO rules making a difference in either/both of better starting field position and number of long returns (I'll define as to outside the 40)? I haven't seen such looking on casually.

Not that I've watched closely, but are the new KO rules making a difference in either/both of better starting field position and number of long returns (I'll define as to outside the 40)? I haven't seen such looking on casually.
The new rules will have more kickoffs returned.
There is now VALUE in having a guy who is skilled at that, but no one is going to roster a guy just for that.

The new rules will have more kickoffs returned.
There is now VALUE in having a guy who is skilled at that, but no one is going to roster a guy just for that.
Almost have to have more. My question is whether they are adding entertainment value.

I know he doesn’t really have the measurables, but he’s just so damn good I thought he would contribute somewhere for at least a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT