ADVERTISEMENT

Is Kevin Ollie the worst coach to win the NCAA title?

Tubby went 9 straight years without a Final Four, we were reduced to 8 and 9 seeds his last season - he even played his D2 talented son as the starting PG. He got canned at Minnesota and took Memphis from mediocre to horrible in 2 seasons, got canned yet again. Tubby's greatness as a coach is purely a myth.
Minnesota, Tx Tech and Memphis wanted him gone. The game passed him by a long time ago.

Massimino would have to be up there. Villanova only made one Final Four under him.

Bennett might be on the list depending on the future.

Norm Sloan maybe.

Jim Harrick.

Bennett? I doubt it that guy could have any basketball job he wants right now in the world

worst coach to win a title is probably Gary Williams from Maryland what a child that guy was

Massimino would have to be up there. Villanova only made one Final Four under him.

Bennett might be on the list depending on the future.

Norm Sloan maybe.

Jim Harrick.
Sloan coached almost 40 years----and made only 6 NCAAT's. I think you can remove the "maybe". MOF, I'd put him ahead of the list. He did win over 600 games---But if you coach for 40 years, 600 ain't all that impressive.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Ahhhhhh, tubby was pretty bad man
Yeah, and he had a higher winning percentage than Joe B Hall. Joe B Hall must have been pretty bad too. I guess you can say the last 10 years of Rupp, Joe B Hall, Eddie Sutton, Billy Gillispie, and Tubby Smith were all pretty bad. Kentucky basketball isn't what I thought it was.

Comparing Tubby to Hall is ridiculous. Hall went to two championship games and three final fours. Hall was also a superior recruiter compared to Tubby.

Comparing Tubby to Hall is ridiculous. Hall went to two championship games and three final fours. Hall was also a superior recruiter compared to Tubby.
Weird, well why did he have a worse winning percentage? Since he's a better coach and had better players(I wont even mention how he got better players), again I have to ask, why did he have a worse winning percentage? Somethings not adding up here.

Tubby has to be on the list. I think winning the title in his first year here was the worst thing that could've happened to us. He thought the recruits would be beating down the door to play for him, but as the years went on, his stubbornness and lack of offense did him and UK fans in.

I also think that Cal has not been as hungry since he won the title and was voted into the HOF.

Yeah, and he had a higher winning percentage than Joe B Hall. Joe B Hall must have been pretty bad too. I guess you can say the last 10 years of Rupp, Joe B Hall, Eddie Sutton, Billy Gillispie, and Tubby Smith were all pretty bad. Kentucky basketball isn't what I thought it was.
Tubby lover classic

Tubby lover classic
Dont be mad because you look stupid. Classic Tubby hater getting mad at facts, if you didn't have an agenda facts wouldn't bother you. At UK Tubby had a higher winning percentage than Joe B Hall, if Tubby is on the list, Joe B Hall should be close. Now go cry about it.

Tubby has to be on the list. I think winning the title in his first year here was the worst thing that could've happened to us. He thought the recruits would be beating down the door to play for him, but as the years went on, his stubbornness and lack of offense did him and UK fans in.

I also think that Cal has not been as hungry since he won the title and was voted into the HOF.
Yup, Tubby and Joe B Hall have to be on the list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT