ADVERTISEMENT

Is Grant Bingham still on the team ?

Public reports have said Bingham is no longer with the team. He was buried at the bottom of the depth chart.

Well crap. Goodwin and Bingham never play…Hall may be next

That may have been stoops highest rated class and it’s deteriorating…outside of Barion and Dane on offense…then Deone and Afari on defense…not much else to do it at Ky. Wade will probably be a damn good jack lber…but the rest …not a ton

Never here him mentioned as even having a shot at back up playing time on the o-line.
He is still listed on the roster as a redshirt freshman on uk athletics website. Number 65.

There's never been an official announcement by UK but a poster reported it being on Twitter about a month ago.

Years ago, coaches would say, we have to sign 5 offensive linemen in every recruiting class. It`s a tough position and takes a lot of work physically and only the tough survive. That along with being the most injury prone position. But with the transfer portal in today's game, that number may have risen.

Reactions: Girthang
Not saying this is what happened....but sometimes kids get to college football and decide the massive time commitment and physically banging with dudes so much better than hs level just isn't the life they want. We had a TE this latest frosh class call it quits after 1 week of informal June player lead scrimmages.

This is why the roster is 85 but you can bring in 25 (plus portals) a yr. Injuries, academics, discipline problems.

That may have been stoops highest rated class and it’s deteriorating…outside of Barion and Dane on offense…then Deone and Afari on defense…not much else to do it at Ky. Wade will probably be a damn good jack lber…but the rest …not a ton

Hall probably is next unfortunately due to injuries. Bingham was a massive project we needed to take a flyer on and did. In highschool he never blocked a down lineman but showed incredible athleticism. Going to major college football he was literally starting from scratch. Shame it didn't work but was always a long shot.

Will the Wade’s be on the team next year?

This will be something to watch imo. Keaton is very good and getting better. Destin will never be a p5 starter at QB. Not sure why he hasn't already changed positions tbh but also tbh not sure which position he would change to

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND

Hall has an injury that's kept him out all season. I want to reserve judgement on him until we know he's able to return.

Hall probably is next unfortunately due to injuries. Bingham was a massive project we needed to take a flyer on and did. In highschool he never blocked a down lineman but showed incredible athleticism. Going to major college football he was literally starting from scratch. Shame it didn't work but was always a long shot.

This will be something to watch imo. Keaton is very good and getting better. Destin will never be a p5 starter at QB. Not sure why he hasn't already changed positions tbh but also tbh not sure which position he would change to
Did Destin play both ways in High School or was he strictly a QB. are his hands good enough to be one of those hybrid TE's or could he play safety or something on Defense?

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Did Destin play both ways in High School or was he strictly a QB. are his hands good enough to be one of those hybrid TE's or could he play safety or something on Defense?

Not sure about highschool, but watching the Iowa game I didn't see the level of athleticism needed to play cb or safety in the sec. Maybe he could bulk up and play lb but he already lost years in the s&c program trying to play a position he was never going to play. Even if he did not sure where he would fit because we'll have better options.

Imo it will come down to if they want to stay together badly enough that he's willing to sit for his brother's benefit or if he will leave to pursue his own path. I honestly don't see he has any realistic alternative option that doesn't have a significant negative impact on his brother.

There's never been an official announcement by UK but a poster reported it being on Twitter about a month ago.
I tried to find anything about it when it was brought up a while back and couldn’t find any report besides one guy reporting it. I said back then that being a Kentucky kid that were be more coming out about it but who knows. He not in the transfer portal as far as anybody knows.

Nobody can go into the portal until December. I guess if a kid is active on social media, they can say they will be entering the portal when it opens.

Imo it will come down to if they want to stay together badly enough that he's willing to sit for his brother's benefit or if he will leave to pursue his own path. I honestly don't see he has any realistic alternative option that doesn't have a significant negative impact on his brother.
I don't see Keaton leaving. Destin likely doesn't have the chops for a P5 starting QB role, so if he's still dead set on QB, he'll have to transfer down big time.

Didn't work out for another QB of ours who went to Auburn, so with that anecdote, going somewhere with poorer competition is likely the only option if Destin doesn't switch positions. Keaton is a legit SEC starting LB and I don't see him willing to move down a level for his brother's pipe dream of playing QB. Something has to give and Keaton has carved out a great niche in an SEC defense.

Plenty of smaller schools in between Lexington and Nashville Destin could transfer to and give QB another shot. And still makes it possible their family can support both.

Hope he doesn't. Coen thought he was worth a scholly after personal coaching in summer 2021 camp.

Reactions: doc4UK and Girthang
I don't see Keaton leaving. Destin likely doesn't have the chops for a P5 starting QB role, so if he's still dead set on QB, he'll have to transfer down big time.

Didn't work out for another QB of ours who went to Auburn, so with that anecdote, going somewhere with poorer competition is likely the only option if Destin doesn't switch positions. Keaton is a legit SEC starting LB and I don't see him willing to move down a level for his brother's pipe dream of playing QB. Something has to give and Keaton has carved out a great niche in an SEC defense.
I don’t do “twitter “ but other people have said their mother is regularly posting “threat of transfer” tweets . If we bring in another portal quarterback (we probably will) we will see how tight the family bond is , imo.

I don’t do “twitter “ but other people have said their mother is regularly posting “threat of transfer” tweets . If we bring in another portal quarterback (we probably will) we will see how tight the family bond is , imo.
Can't say I've seen that, but also find it hilarious that Momma would sacrifice one baby's legit chance at the NFL for the other's college long shot.

And sheet, maybe Destin will blossom into a serviceable QB in the next month. Who's to say? Parents like her are weird, though. Don't air out that laundry. Have some respect.

Can't say I've seen that, but also find it hilarious that Momma would sacrifice one baby's legit chance at the NFL for the other's college long shot.

And sheet, maybe Destin will blossom into a serviceable QB in the next month. Who's to say? Parents like her are weird, though. Don't air out that laundry. Have some respect.
Happens all the time, usually it’s the Dad that jacks things up.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I can’t blame Sheron or Wade if they leave. This second Qb transfer I’m in their time and another would be the third and points the staff is just bridging to Bolley and Saunders

She probably thinks he’s as good as Patrick Mahomes . Sometimes I would have to work and miss my sons baseball games . I’d call my wife and ask how he’s doing . She’d say “GREAT , he’s got 3 hits !” . Next day I’d tell my son he must have had a good game , he‘d say “ nope , grounded out to short twice and popped up to second “.

Hope he doesn't. Coen thought he was worth a scholly after personal coaching in summer 2021 camp.
I was under the impression that Destin was offered to get his twin. I don't remember where I read it. Probably a Rembrandt recruiting thread somewhere. Might be completely wrong... Wouldn't be the first time.

Reactions: pauled

Did their mom think he'd be the #1 QB THIS season? If anyone was watching the Iowa game, they'd have to know better, even if we weren't running the same offense this year. Even Leary struggled with the scheme early on, and he's a veteran who knows how to make plays at this level.

I can’t blame Sheron or Wade if they leave. This second Qb transfer I’m in their time and another would be the third and points the staff is just bridging to Bolley and Saunders

There's only been one, highly ranked QB transfer in since DWade arrived on campus. Sheron is another story as both Levis and Leary transferred in.

I'm not ready to write off either of them. If the staff thinks they can develop them into great QBs, who here is to say any different? Taking a in a great transfer portal player doesn't mean you don't have confidence in them. It just says you take the best available and see what shakes out.

No one is HANDED anything at this level. You have to go take it from all competition. Maybe one of our backups can do that this spring, regardless of who we might pick up from the portal.

Reactions: yoshukai
My questions are these-

If he's not still on the team, why is his Twitter profile still fully UK?

And

Why would the staff NOT take his name off the roster like they always do when someone walks away from the team or program?

My questions are these-

If he's not still on the team, why is his Twitter profile still fully UK?

And

Why would the staff NOT take his name off the roster like they always do when someone walks away from the team or program?
Don’t know. I’m pretty sure it was Justin Rowland that reported it.

I was under the impression that Destin was offered to get his twin. I don't remember where I read it. Probably a Rembrandt recruiting thread somewhere. Might be completely wrong... Wouldn't be the first time.
He was . Other schools were wanting Destin to switch positions, from what I remember. We offered him the opportunity to “compete “ for the quarterback position.

Reactions: JPFisher
Maybe dealing with some personal stuff and just had to step away from practices/meetings but doesn't want to commit to leaving

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT